Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts #1 in red zone offense

RockThatBlue

That is very positive, considering the fact we did play an elite D in the process. I still believe we should not go away from the run easily as it would only make Luck more efficient in the long term. 

If Luck had that confidence going in that the run game can be relied upon in the red zone, he'd probably throw under 35 passes consistently and complete nearly 70% of them more often, IMO, that is the efficiency I am talking about.

Great improvement from previous seasons where we always stalled out in the red zone.  Now if we could only get better at the process of getting to the end zone.  Seems like too often we end up having to kick a field goal or we turn the ball over on the way to the Red Zone.

43 minutes ago, krunk said:

Great improvement from previous seasons where we always stalled out in the red zone.  Now if we could only get better at the process of getting to the end zone.  Seems like too often we end up having to kick a field goal or we turn the ball over on the way to the Red Zone.

I agree. Between the 20s is where we need to work at. Once we get in the red zone we do a great job. Props to Chud.

36 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Before yesterday's game, we were 6/6.  Doyle has become a real red zone threat for us, which I didn't expect.

Doyle is a gamer, a hard worker, a guy I want Grigson to extend before the end of this season. If you find a good one, keep it, he will be cheaper to extend right now than later, any team could beat the qualifying offer he is playing on right now.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Doyle is a gamer, a hard worker, a guy I want Grigson to extend before the end of this season. If you find a good one, keep it, he will be cheaper to extend right now than later, any team could beat the qualifying offer he is playing on right now.

Yep.  A veritable rolling ball of butcher-knives.

43 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Before yesterday's game, we were 6/6.  Doyle has become a real red zone threat for us, which I didn't expect.

Very true 21. There were a few who said the Colts were wasting time waiting on him to develop. They were calling for his release. I guess every move that Grigson does is not bad considering he is such a bad GM. :scratch:

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

We should honestly be putting up 35 plus points a game.  Should have blown San Diego out yesterday if we would just get out of our own way.

Like Reggie used to say "the other team is on scholarship too" :)

I hear what you are saying but I have to give some credit to John Pagano there as well.

On 9/26/2016 at 5:26 PM, krunk said:

Seems like every time Turbin gets the ball in the red zone he scores too.

If we can get to a mindset/gameplan where we're gonna get Gore 15-20 and Turbin 10 rushing attempts a game our offense would take off.  I'd prefer a 15-10 split to keep both fresh for later in the season.