Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's Stop Saying Hilton Isn't top 10

Defjamz26

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fitzgerald is old - so NO - I would choose TY over him in todays league (all-time Fitz is better), TY is better than Nelson, Evans, Jeffery, Cruz, Marv Jones, Jackson, and Cooks. WR's that are better are Brown, Julio Jones, Beckham, Dez, Marshall, Green, DThomas, and Hopkins - after that it's arguable that TY doesn't belong in the Top 10. TY is better than guys like Edleman as well. Put TY on the Pats and he would be a Top 5 WR the league like Welker was for a few seasons because of their system which we are starting to run more with the shorter passes.

Who cares if Fitzgerald is old. He still is 2nd at his position in TD's. He still runs great routes and knows how to get open and averages over 72 yards a game

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Who cares if Fitzgerald is old. He still is 2nd at his position in TD's. He still runs great routes and knows how to get open and averages over 72 yards a game

Give me TY over him, I am talking today. All-time Fitz is better but TY is faster and gets open just as much as he does. Stats are misleading like with Marv Jones, TY is better than him as well. JMO. Not being a homer but going by my eye test. I don't think TY is Top 5 but Top 10 yes.

36 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Marvin was 6' 185lbs and had 8 double digit TD seasons including 2 15 TD yrs. I think TY is the man and have always said he's right there in terms of top 10 but let's not sell 88 short 

I agree.  I think we might need to hit the brakes on these Marvin Harrison comparisons.  I like Hilton, but Marvin is a top 5 WR of all time, in my opinion.  DBs were terrified of Marvin before he even made his way to the line of scrimmage.  Hilton has had some problems with drops, but Marvin had one of the surest pair of hands in the history of the league.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455134/article/ty-hilton-leads-nfl-in-playoff-drops-since-2012

According to Wells, Hilton has been targeted 53 times in four playoff games since 2012, the third-most in football behind Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin. He has six drops among those targets, the most in football over that span.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/signature-stats-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

So, who are the guys dropping the highest percentage of catchable balls? It turns out they both play their football in Indianapolis, with both Donnie Avery and T.Y. Hilton finishing the year with a drop rate of 16.67

From 2012

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/02/04/why-marvin-harrison-belongs-hall-fame/79759704/

Harrison kept track of how many completions would go by without a drop. His tally regularly reached triple digits.

16 hours ago, akcolt said:

Marvin was 6' 185lbs and had 8 double digit TD seasons including 2 15 TD yrs. I think TY is the man and have always said he's right there in terms of top 10 but let's not sell 88 short 

Oh no, Marvin is a HOFer and I don't TY will ever be able to reach his level.  He could be the closest thing to Marvin however.  But his height will keep him from ever reaching that level.  But TY will get better.  People have to realize he's only been in the league for 4 years prior to this year.

In 4 years, if we're already comparing him to the top 10 WRs in the game, that is very good!

I love TY and he was a top 5 wr last week. And a top 30 maybe the first two weeks of the season at best. What I'm saying is consistency has been a problem. It's not all TY's fault obviously. Our OL has struggled etc. 

TY is definitely a top 15 IMO but outside of Colts fans I say top 20.

At least he will be back into the top 100 players of 2016 if he stays healthy.