Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's Postgame Presser Odd

ColtfreakDVA

I don't remember the play, but he got the cadence dialed in and saw the safety move towards TY. So he knew Hilton was double covered (I could see it from my couch) and he still tried throwing it to him up on the sideline anyways. Which I believe it went out of bounds. 

Dumb. 

Allen was open in the middle of the field too. 

I love Luck, but he needs to run through his progressions better. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, CR91 said:

that fumble should have been blown dead. the refs yesterday were terrible.

I thought we got a couple of calls regarding the leverage play and the PI in the endzone with Swoope but man we were getting jobbed in the 4th Q. That Offensive PI on Rogers was nonsense which was a TD. I guess it evens out??

10 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

half of the people on this forum just like to complain about a team everyone loves because they lead miserable lives and don't have anyone in real life to vent to.

i wouldnt go that far

some people only bother to post when they are mad, as a way of venting

if they are happy, then maybe they would rather celebrate else where

27 minutes ago, CR91 said:

that fumble should have been blown dead. the refs yesterday were terrible.

Sorgi thought he heard a whistle, but I didn't on game pass replay, or radio live.  Also, Luck took off as a runner on the blitz.  He should have dropped down right after this like Peyton Manning did so many times when there was no escape.

NoEscape_zpsaq7piige.jpg

He didn't -

GoingForwrd_zpscqmwco2u.jpg

So Luck get caught and was being brought to the ground-

GoingDown_zpssoukt6ie.jpg

but struggles and somehow stays up -

StayinUp_zpsimx1tw56.jpg

at which point the ball gets ripped out by #57 -

RipitOut_zpsokcywloa.jpg

BallOut2_zpsjlvfc9um.jpg

BallsOut_zpsl449haj0.jpg

There just was not enough time elapsed and enough fully stopped progress to blow a whistle.  Luck needs to learn a few things.  Take care of the ball is one. And he clearly did not here, and even Bob Lamey conceded it was a fumble, but thought he too heard a whistle (like Jim Sorgi did).

Officials may have terrible (they are often enough) but just not so sure that one qualifies.  And I would be for a whistle on that play if one was deserved.

12 hours ago, Jules said:

And he is likely mentally feeling the strain of them having to go gear up to go to London now which isn't down the street lol. And playing the Jags is divisional and it's extra pressure.

Yep...it's going to be tough flying on a charter with above First Class service, then being whisked to the hotel in a luxury coach.  Granted it's 8 hours or so...but - they'll suffer it just fine.  LOL  :^)

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sorgi thought he heard a whistle, but I didn't on game pass replay, or radio live.  Also, Luck took off as a runner on the blitz.  He should have dropped down right after this like Peyton Manning did so many times when there was no escape.

NoEscape_zpsaq7piige.jpg

He didn't -

GoingForwrd_zpscqmwco2u.jpg

So Luck get caught and was being brought to the ground-

GoingDown_zpssoukt6ie.jpg

but struggles and somehow stays up -

StayinUp_zpsimx1tw56.jpg

at which point the ball gets ripped out by #57 -

RipitOut_zpsokcywloa.jpg

BallOut2_zpsjlvfc9um.jpg

BallsOut_zpsl449haj0.jpg

There just was not enough time elapsed and enough fully stopped progress to blow a whistle.  Luck needs to learn a few things.  Take care of the ball is one. And he clearly did not here, and even Bob Lamey conceded it was a fumble, but thought he too heard a whistle (like Jim Sorgi did).

Officials may have terrible (they are often enough) but just not so sure that one qualifies.  And I would be for a whistle on that play if one was deserved.

Exactly what I saw... I've argued this with several posters and so far you seem to be the only other person to see what I see (if in understanding your post right).

Luck is somehow still going forward and is even leaning forward which imo gives the refs more than enough reason to allow the play to continue considering he could still, at worst fall forward for like a yard or two. 

6 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Exactly what I saw... I've argued this with several posters and so far you seem to be the only other person to see what I see (if in understanding your post right).

Luck is somehow still going forward and is even leaning forward which imo gives the refs more than enough reason to allow the play to continue considering he could still, at worst fall forward for like a yard or two. 

Yes, he had opportunity to go down earlier, and when he did not,deemed himself a runner struggling for more yardage, not a QB in the grasp and sacked.

Sorry guys but watching the Luck presser I'm pretty sure he's hurt. Look at the tape at 00:58, at 03:20 and 05:21. It looks like he's in massive pain. It's creepy because the last time I saw Andrew talk in a presser like that was last year after the Denver game, when we found out a day or two later that he'll miss a lot of time.

God I wish I was wrong...

14 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Good point...or is it? Is complaining about fellow fans the same as complaining about the team? Some folk take what is really just a game way to seriously. 

is complaining about anything and everything the same, and is not everything trivial; except for those that are not? 

You beg the question too often. 

18 hours ago, King Colt said:

Fifth season he should more complete as a QB. Stop blaming the OL when he refuses to ditch the ball and take the fall. He still throws the ball high. It's one thing to have negatives it's another not to fix them.

He's had a few high passes, but overall, I think his throws have been much more on-target. I can tell he worked on his mechanics the off-season.