Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers

BPindy

7 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

The kid just needs to stay healthy, but I do like him as a SS for us. If him and Green can continue to grow and develop, they could end up being a very nasty duo down the road. Mike Adams can't play forever.

I thought miek adams seemed to be consistently by the ball. Not bad for an old guy! 

Geathers is one of the few guys on Colts defense that looks like a good football player. Other than him I only like Anderson, Adams, and Davis at this time.

He apparently knows a little about tackling, and during that play at the end although he got beat he recovered nicely and made a play. He looks like he is coached by Belichick, not by Pagano.

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Mike Adams has been the one constant on D.

Shows you that sometimes even an "older" FA has something left in the "tank". Lucky us, for sure. MA is a consimmate pro, a true leader. Now that I think about it, we've had allot of good/great safeties to wear the "Shoe" IMO. 

2 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

Shows you that sometimes even an "older" FA has something left in the "tank". Lucky us, for sure. MA is a consimmate pro, a true leader. Now that I think about it, we've had allot of good/great safeties to wear the "Shoe" IMO. 

I couldn't agree with this comment any more.  I remember watching him in training camp when he had to sit out due to an injury and he was in the middle of the dbs giving them pointers and helping coach up the young guys.  Since he got here, all he has done is come in, play great, and help out the players around him.  You really couldn't ask anymore of him in the situation he has been in.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has a career of coaching after he retires.

4 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I couldn't agree with this comment any more.  I remember watching him in training camp when he had to sit out due to an injury and he was in the middle of the dbs giving them pointers and helping coach up the young guys.  Since he got here, all he has done is come in, play great, and help out the players around him.  You really couldn't ask anymore of him in the situation he has been in.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has a career of coaching after he retires.

^This. A great transition in the regards of leadership from Twan' to Adams has allowed the back-end to be consistent to a degree(can't control injuries). 

I would be all for re-signing Mike Adams if he still has a desire to play. He obliviously still has something left in the tank, and he provides good depth at a position it seems like we can't seem to keep healthy.. Not to mention he is a great veteran to keep bringing wisdom to the table.

1 hour ago, Black0ut117 said:

I would be all for re-signing Mike Adams if he still has a desire to play. He obliviously still has something left in the tank, and he provides good depth at a position it seems like we can't seem to keep healthy.. Not to mention he is a great veteran to keep bringing wisdom to the table.

I doubt they re-sign him, even if he wants to play, which is okay. Adams was great for us (amazing even). But the team is obviously keen on developing Green and Geathers into that starting tandem for us. The thing with Mike is, as great as he is, the wheels can and will fall off at any moment. If this turns into his last season wearing the Shoe, it would be worth it. The guy was a beast for us and a great stop gap as our team transitioned into a younger safety core.

3 hours ago, BPindy said:

Solid game all around from what I saw. Solid tackling and seemed like he was all over the field. That last play he made was as clutch as it gets. I know it's been said plenty of times but I'm stoked to have this guy on our team! 

Yes and Sio Moore had a great game to. But Morrison has got to work on his coverage skills but maybe he's just to slow.  

26 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I doubt they re-sign him, even if he wants to play, which is okay. Adams was great for us (amazing even). But the team is obviously keen on developing Green and Geathers into that starting tandem for us. The thing with Mike is, as great as he is, the wheels can and will fall off at any moment. If this turns into his last season wearing the Shoe, it would be worth it. The guy was a beast for us and a great stop gap as our team transitioned into a younger safety core.

I agree we got to develope our younger players into that position but I'm a Mike Adams fan.  

5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Not sure if Adams would be happy in the role but I wouldn't mind bringing him back as depth. Or he could start the beginning of the year next year if he's still good to go. But he could still be a fantastic depth/rotation guy while Green continues to work on coverage

7 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Yes and Sio Moore had a great game to. But Morrison has got to work on his coverage skills but maybe he's just to slow.  

I dont think he will ever be able to cover. Extremely slow. And even when the offense decides to run it would be very easy to audible out of the run and go after him with a pass.

11 hours ago, Black0ut117 said:

Adams is getting up there in age and it appears as though TJ Green should hopefully be ready for us in a year.  He's done great while here but I think it's probably time to move on.  

We got to be like Belichek, know when a player is about to start declining and either trade him away or let him walk before then.  

13 hours ago, will426 said:

He's very bob sanders like for sure 

12 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

He's a tone setter, an enforcer type.  His playing attitude reminds me of Bob (Angel choir in background). Our rookie safety has a little of that attitude too.

i think if this defense gets a little confidence, they'll be really fun to watch.

11 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

Geathers is my favorite player on D. He plays really physical. I agree with will426, looked like Bob Sanders out there today. 

Definitely agree with the comparisons to Sanders. The only difference I see is that Geathers hits with ferocity like Sanders, but doesn't hurt himself in the process. I love it!!!!

6 hours ago, krunk said:

I dont think he will ever be able to cover. Extremely slow. And even when the offense decides to run it would be very easy to audible out of the run and go after him with a pass.

Morrison to me will take the place of D'Qwell Jackson's role in the near future. Indy still needs their great cover ILB. Anthony Walker Jr. from Northwestern is a possibly next draft unless Sio Moore shows improvement there.