Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

lamey

RockThatBlue

35 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

anyone else hear him drop that f bomb? Hilarious.

He said "the game is finally f bomb over"

I wasn't sure what he said. My wife gave me a look like "did he seriously say that lol". I'm still not sure what he said but yeah he is very invested in the games and you can always tell what's on his mind lol!

29 minutes ago, MTC said:

Was it on purpose? (Meaning he knew he said it on the air)

I think Bob gets so excited he don't think about what he is saying. It just comes out good or bad. I think that is why he is so popular because he comes off more as a fan than an announcer.

He will be missed when he retires.

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

hockey_Bob_Lamey_zpslfir9s9w.jpg

I was 7 and I thought my sister was taking me to a "Pacers" game. When I walked into the concourse at Market Square Arena the cool breeze hit me and I was amazed. we were down 4-0 to Birmingham and we were setting 5 rows up on the goal line, We scored with about a minute left and lept out of my seat.  I was hooked. I stared playing hockey that next year and played for 23 years. I saw about 30 Racers game and the rest on the Radio with Bob. What a journey and for all of his football years his best call ever was first game of the playoffs and we faced the favoured Cincinnati Stingers. We scored the tying goal with only 1:04 remaining and won the game in third overtime. This game was on Channel 4 and it didn't end until around 1:15. Lamey's voice was already labored calling a 5 hour hockey game but when we scored the winning goal, Bob let out on last "Score!!" and voice was all but gone. Just wanted you let you fans know about what a legend his in this city and will always be. I am sorry I never met him even though I saw him at games since '77 so many times  What a legend, God Bless you Bob!

Racers.jpg

47 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think Bob gets so excited he don't think about what he is saying. It just comes out good or bad. I think that is why he is so popular because he comes off more as a fan than an announcer.

Yup that and hes getting older too. Probably just slipped his mind when he said it. Was still hilarious though.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

He'll be missed greatly he is truly the voice of the Colts. I quite love the guy and dread the day when he can't do it anymore. I've talked to him many times to and he is also a very humble man beside being a nice guy. 

11 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I was 7 and I thought my sister was taking me to a "Pacers" game. When I walked into the concourse at Market Square Arena the cool breeze hit me and I was amazed. we were down 4-0 to Birmingham and we were setting 5 rows up on the goal line, We scored with about a minute left and lept out of my seat.  I was hooked. I stared playing hockey that next year and played for 23 years. I saw about 30 Racers game and the rest on the Radio with Bob. What a journey and for all of his football years his best call ever was first game of the playoffs and we faced the favoured Cincinnati Stingers. We scored the tying goal with only 1:04 remaining and won the game in third overtime. This game was on Channel 4 and it didn't end until around 1:15. Lamey's voice was already labored calling a 5 hour hockey game but when we scored the winning goal, Bob let out on last "Score!!" and voice was all but gone. Just wanted you let you fans know about what a legend his in this city and will always be. I am sorry I never met him even though I saw him at games since '77 so many times  What a legend, God Bless you Bob!

Racers.jpg

Great memories, the 'ol WHA.  As I recall, the Birmingham Bulls were a bunch of crazy brawlers.   Here in the Peg we had the pleasure of Hedburg, Nilsson, & Hull, and also Kent Nilsson, with Bob Nicholson & Curt Kielback doing the broadcasts.