Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Changes you would like to see

jbaron04

I liked a lot of what I saw in the Chargers game. The offense got out to a much faster start than it has the past few weeks and even into last season. The defense clamped down on the running game for the most part and held their own in the red zone. This team is steadily improving in all areas.

As far as improvement, I'd like to see the bad turnovers from Luck go away and not so many drive killing penalties. Some semblance of a pass rush would be nice as well.

I want to see Haeg at RG permanently, then move Good back to RT where he looked pretty good last year. Those 2 are both great run blockers and at least decent pass protectors. That right side could become just as strong as our left side when Castonzo is playing at his best. Kelly has looked solid in the middle and we could suddenly have an above average offensive line with pretty good depth with Reitz as a swing G/T and Harrison and Blyth as swing C/Gs. Clark also as a backup T with some development.

I'd like to see Luck not throw that out route to the right sideline. It always looks like a replay of a pick/pick six. And usually is. Also think we need to watch our pass defense on short crossing routes this year as our linebackers look to be slow again. Especially with lack of edge rushers.

On 9/25/2016 at 10:40 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Clark wasn't even active today.     Not sure if he's been active even once yet.    Clark is a long, LONG way from being ready to start.

I think Clark has gotten a few snaps on ST... I agree that he is nowhere near ready to see game action on the OL, though.

On 9/27/2016 at 5:18 PM, dudeski said:

This is a joke right?

He was projected as a 2-3rd rounder, drafted in round 3. Has all the physical measurables. Not sure why he's been  hyped as "long way ready". Also, he's already 23.

Not like he's a 20 year old who graduated early and decided to enter the draft, ala Amobi Okoye.

On 26/09/2016 at 4:11 AM, rock8591 said:

IMO just start Clark at RT, with Haeg rotating in. Reitz to rotate with Mewhort and Goode at guard spots.

Clark can't be any worse than Tony Ugoh.

What? You mean a HOF Exec like Polian drafted O'Line busts as well? So it's not only Grigson? Lordy, what a shocker.....

On September 27, 2016 at 5:41 AM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

The changes I'd like to see the most howabout all the Doom & Gloom threads not that this is one , Its just a change I'd like to see .

Image result for big boys don't cry memes

:hat:

I won't lie Adonis 1. I did find your post hysterical; but you do realize that the moment you call for a prohibition on all doom & gloom threads that somebody will inevitably start a topic: Why so many fans are in such denial about how dire our team's post season prospects are? 

You can't win no matter what you do because you're either at death's door or blissfully ignorant of how far the Colts have to go to reach the pinnacle of success in the NFL. 

Some people aren't happy unless they are moaning & groaning about something man. You know the type. They could win the lottery & complain it's not big enough or being awarded in installments over time isn't structured to their personal satisfaction. Sigh...

Look, depending on my mood, I can vent to the level of an art form. But, generally...I'm just grateful we aren't as dreadful as the Bears right now. Sorry Bears fans. Go Cubs? Just trying to make Illinois fans feel better man. 

On September 27, 2016 at 6:48 AM, Restored said:

I'd like to see the bad turnovers from Luck go away and not so many drive killing penalties. Some semblance of a pass rush would be nice as well.

The NY Giants won that contest this week against the Redskins. At least our center didn't get expelled in the 4th Qtr this week. I was stunned when that happened since Big Blue is my 2nd favorite squad to watch. 

Regarding the Colts, I just want a strength & conditioning coach that can keep DBs active & healthy for us in the secondary. A pipe dream I know. 

11 hours ago, rock8591 said:

He was projected as a 2-3rd rounder, drafted in round 3. Has all the physical measurables. Not sure why he's been  hyped as "long way ready". Also, he's already 23.

Not like he's a 20 year old who graduated early and decided to enter the draft, ala Amobi Okoye.

If you watch his film, you'll see he's not fundamentally sound, and not ready for the pro game. He has tools and measurables, but needs a lot of work.

Changes I'd like to see: 

Can Chud please throw a slant into the offensive scheme? That would be awesome to not try "establishing the run" on 1st and 2nd down, and then get faced with another 3rd and 7. 

I'd like to see the team be able to successfully execute (and defend) screen passes. 

I'd like the secondary to be Vontae and Cromartie on the outside, and Robinson in the slot. 

I'd like to see if anyone not named Harrison could play RG, and Haeg at Tackle. 

I'd like to see Arthur Jones tear it up when he comes back.