Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heath Evans has Colts going 4-12 this year

bap1331

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...Heath Flippin' Evans.  This is a guy who played ten years in the NFL and accumulated a grand total of 579 career rushing yards, while also racking up a stunning 439 receiving yards and 8 TDs. He also managed to "win" a Super Bowl ring clapping for his teammates while on IR. OK, fine, he was a fullback. I get it. His job was to absorb punishment from blitzers and edge rushers and do a human battering ram act on run plays. They probably should have given him a better helmet. 

Sometimes I wonder about some of the so called experts. A disproportionate amount of the writers, talking heads, and commentary is so poorly put together. NFL.com needs to get a proper spell check and maybe work on their page layout. They are so desperate to jam ads into the tripe they churn out, it looks like someone ate mac d's and relieved themselves on the page. Heath is no more than a homer/hater. It has become vogue to say the colts team is devoid of talent and Andrew Luck is forced to carry the team.

The reality is we have a pretty solid D line, when healthy. Our line backers could use some speed and coverage, but that's where Green can come in. Geathers and Adams are average at worst. CBS are fine. We have a good no 1 CB and need to get healthy.

The Oline has three solid pieces and is better than what half the league has and is young . Our reciever core is talented and young. TEs are avg at worst. QB is solid and young.

There is no emergency. We can pick up two solid line backers and work on depth especially CB.

47 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Sometimes I wonder about some of the so called experts. A disproportionate amount of the writers, talking heads, and commentary is so poorly put together. NFL.com needs to get a proper spell check and maybe work on their page layout. They are so desperate to jam ads into the tripe they churn out, it looks like someone ate mac d's and relieved themselves on the page. Heath is no more than a homer/hater. It has become vogue to say the colts team is devoid of talent and Andrew Luck is forced to carry the team.

The reality is we have a pretty solid D line, when healthy. Our line backers could use some speed and coverage, but that's where Green can come in. Geathers and Adams are average at worst. CBS are fine. We have a good no 1 CB and need to get healthy.

The Oline has three solid pieces and is better than what half the league has and is young . Our reciever core is talented and young. TEs are avg at worst. QB is solid and young.

There is no emergency. We can pick up two solid line backers and work on depth especially CB.

Fortunately, this is the reaIity. With today kind of being our actual first game (minus Moncrief), I think today will say a lot about our team.

Wont happen. But at least then Grigson and Pagano and the rest of the staff (save for a few) would be gone, we'd get high picks in each round and could get a game changing EDGE rusher......Myles Garrett, and we'd have plenty of cap room to bring in 2-3 major, impact players on D......Chandler Jones or Melvin Ingram, and Stephon Gilmore would be a nice way to start. Get a good RB in the 2nd round too!!! Then maybe whichever NE doesn't retain....Collins or Hightower. They'd bring some nastiness to our D. Which we desperately need.

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Wont happen. But at least then Grigson and Pagano and the rest of the staff (save for a few) would be gone, we'd get high picks in each round and could get a game changing EDGE rusher......Myles Garrett, and we'd have plenty of cap room to bring in 2-3 major, impact players on D......Chandler Jones or Melvin Ingram, and Stephon Gilmore would be a nice way to start. Get a good RB in the 2nd round too!!! Then maybe whichever NE doesn't retain....Collins or Hightower. They'd bring some nastiness to our D. Which we desperately need.

Even if we go 4-12 or even worse this season Grigson and Pagano will still be here next season.

25 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I don't think anyone here knows that for sure. 

3 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

What a depressing thought.

In Irsay's past history he has not been known to make knee jerk reactions or changes very fast. I doubt he will start now. All the banter that goes on this forum means zero to him because armchair coaches and wanna be GMs are not who runs his team.

Irsay didn't resign Grigson and Pagano not to give them a chance to do what was done the first three years.

With the changes in coaches, injuries and what seems to be a good draft this year it will be stay the coarse.

Two losses that can be related directly to injuries is not a reason to fire anyone.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

In Irsay's past history he has not been known to make knee jerk reactions or changes very fast. I doubt he will start now. All the banter that goes on this forum means zero to him because armchair coaches and wanna be GMs are not who runs his team.

Irsay didn't resign Grigson and Pagano not to give them a chance to do what was done the first three years.

With the changes in coaches, injuries and what seems to be a good draft this year it will be stay the coarse.

Two losses that can be related directly to injuries is not a reason to fire anyone.

I agree, he just signed both to 4 year extensions. Now if we go 4-12 or worse this season and next season then I could see some heads rolling. We aren't going 4-12 anyway so it's a moot point. I think we will win today but lets say we do lose I still think we will win a minimum of 4 games just in our Division alone.

Even if we lose today --- which we might --- we are not going 4-12.

As for Irsay and Grigson and Pagano......     no reason to fire both of them after giving both of them new 4-year contracts.

Historically speaking, one season is a very short period of time.      Even if this season goes south,  there's no reason to change course.....     yet.        Now if '16 goes bad and '17 does as well,  THEN you'll see big changes.

But not until then.        That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!       :thmup:

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As for Irsay and Grigson and Pagano......     no reason to fire both of them after giving both of them new 4-year contracts.

Historically speaking, one season is a very short period of time.      Even if this season goes south,  there's no reason to change course.....     yet.        Now if '16 goes bad and '17 does as well,  THEN you'll see big changes.

But not until then.        That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!       :thmup:

Basically what I posted above, I agree 100%.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry.....     I didn't see your post.....     didn't mean to steal from you....

But I don't mind saying I agree with every word you said!!          :thmup:

Great how 2 great minds think a like haha. Crazycolt seems to have the same thinking. I hope we win today, I think we will but you never know. Vontae and Anderson are playing.

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you keep waiting to make changes then it only cost you another year or more of bad football. Grigson should have built a juggernaut team by now. And Pagano just isn't a very good HC.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

One doesn't have to be an armchair GM to see when a bad coach or GM needs to be fired. Especially after several bad drafts and two subpar seasons in a row. You can go by the past if you want, but you still can't say that it's a fact that either guy won't be fired. 

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

One doesn't have to be an armchair GM to see when a bad coach or GM needs to be fired. Especially after several bad drafts and two subpar seasons in a row. You can go by the past if you want, but you still can't say that it's a fact that either guy won't be fired. 

Several bad drafts? Try one bad draft. One season that was decimated with injuries and a start of another season with injuries at key spots. This season has yet to be subpar because it's not complete yet.

Why are you so inclined to worry about what the Colts do? If what you say is true you should be happy I would think. Or is this just another way to get your digs in?

I will go by the past because Irsay hasn't changed as far as I know.

12 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

This from the guy whose team fired Gary Kubiak....   and then,  when visiting this website a year ago "liked" all the posters who said Elway was only hiring "his good friend"  Gary Kubiak, but he sure wasn't a very good coach.

How did that all work out for you?

If you don't think Kubiak is a good coach now,  then I don't know what to tell you.............?

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Several bad drafts? Try one bad draft. One season that was decimated with injuries and a start of another season with injuries at key spots. This season has yet to be subpar because it's not complete yet.

Why are you so inclined to worry about what the Colts do? If what you say is true you should be happy I would think. Or is this just another way to get your digs in?

I will go by the past because Irsay hasn't changed as far as I know.

You're wrong about the past either way. Wasn't Caldwell fired after one bad season? Who was the injured guy during that season again? Oh yeah, a certain QB...

we are talking about a hypothetical here. Hence the 4-12 topic that you're responding to. And now you revert to the fact that I'm a Texan fan and I'm trying to talk trash. What do you have to say about the numerous Colt fans here that see what you clearly don't want to? Are they trying to get digs in against their own team? You can be the cheerleader and beat the drum in the Grigson parade but I think you're in for a rude awakening if you think things will be dandy if this turns out to be another bad season. 

32 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If you keep waiting to make changes then it only cost you another year or more of bad football. Grigson should have built a juggernaut team by now. And Pagano just isn't a very good HC.

I agree, I am so sick of the excuses and the whole "just give them one more year" line.  You will always be ale to find some obstacle that must be overcome every year, thats the nature of the game .. The successful teams find a way to persevere in spite of the obstacles.  The Colts organization under Grigson and Pagano do not seem to have that ability.  

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This from the guy whose team fired Gary Kubiak....   and then,  when visiting this website a year ago "liked" all the posters who said Elway was only hiring "his good friend"  Gary Kubiak, but he sure wasn't a very good coach.

How did that all work out for you?

If you don't think Kubiak is a good coach now,  then I don't know what to tell you.............?

You really follow everything single thing I like? Damn, and some people here say I'm the one that needs to get a life. 

This has nothing to do with the Texans or Kubisk either way. Stick to the topic and stop baiting. You clearly can't argue your point without bringing fandom into this. Kubiak inherited a damn good defense and a Hall of Fame quarterback. He didn't suddenly become a great coach after leaving the Texans, nor did Wade Phillips. Though what he's managing out of Siemian so far has been surprising. 

17 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

You're wrong about the past either way. Wasn't Caldwell fired after one bad season? Who was the injured guy during that season again? Oh yeah, a certain QB...

we are talking about a hypothetical here. Hence the 4-12 topic that you're responding to. And now you revert to the fact that I'm a Texan fan and I'm trying to talk trash. What do you have to say about the numerous Colt fans here that see what you clearly don't want to? Are they trying to get digs in against their own team? You can be the cheerleader and beat the drum in the Grigson parade but I think you're in for a rude awakening if you think things will be dandy if this turns out to be another bad season. 

You are talking trash when you obviously are not a Colts fan.

I am a cheerleader for the Colts unlike you who want to trash them at every opportunity you can find.

In case you haven't noticed this is a Colts forum.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am a cheerleader for the Colts unlike you who want to trash them at every opportunity you can find.

That's the understatement of the year.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I talk trash sometimes about the Colts and I AM a Colts fan.

Some of you treat rooting for a team and being a fan of a certain team on a forum like a religion and everyone else is an enemy at our site if they don't worship at the alter of what you all want to hear 24/7. Same with the media, who cares if some say we win 4 games or 14 games. Am I going to drop and burst into tears based on what someone on tv says or what a fan of another team says?

Get over yourselves.

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You think I really care whether or not P&G stay or go? Your own fans debate that heavily everyday. Stop trying to twist this and make it a Texan vs Colt thing when it obviously isn't. You really don't have to resort to this. Come on man.