Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton

BProland85

First off, I want to start off by saying that I was a firm believer that we should have tried trading Hilton once Dorsett was drafted. I view Dorsett as a better version of Hilton. Dorsett is faster, seems to play tougher, and is simply bigger than Hilton, who seems to disappear in games when asked to play against the better, more physical corners.

I believe that with the proper OL to protect Luck and provide running lanes, that Andrew could make WRs better, the same way Peyton did during his career. I think having a WR core of Moncrief, Dorsett, Bray, Rogers, and perhaps another late round draft pick would have been fine at WR. Football is all about the trenches as we all know, and using the extra resources generated from a Hilton trade to beef up needs elsewhere would have gone a long way to helping this team.

Tough decisions have to be made from time to time, and while many fans would not have liked trading away Hilton, he had very good trade value at the time Dorsett was drafted. I believe we could have gotten two 2nds for him. This team is a long ways from being a true Superbowl contender, and sometimes trading away a luxury, which to me is what Hilton is, would help in other areas of need. If the coaching staff can't make up for the loss of Hilton by scheming plays to get Dorsett and  Moncrief the ball more, than they aren't good coaches. New England seems to find ways to get Edelman the ball anywhere on the field. Dorsett is much more talented than Edelman, and could benefit from moving him around.

Anyways, sorry for my rant on front office decision making. I just want what's best for the team, and building a tough and talented defense and OL is something I'd much rather have over a luxury WR in Hilton.

I don't think some people realize how good TY is. With Hilton, Dorsett, and Moncrief our offense is going to be stout for a long time. The absolute only way I would have traded Hilton is if it was for a superstar pass rusher like Miller, Houston, Mack, etc. Or a guy like Anthony Barr who would probably put up 15 sacks a year in our scheme. Or obviously for Watt or Kuechly.

Lol. The only reason you think Dorsett does anything better than Hilton is because he has corner #3 guarding him... or even a safety. Hilton is our #1 threat and Moncrief is numero dos. 

Hilton and Luck also have ridiculous chemistry that can't seem to be built with any of the other receivers. Like a Big Ben/AB Lite 

I disagree... Hilton is more valuable to the Colts as a WR than he'd be as trade fodder. The reasons why you don't like him are the same that would lower his trade value.

Look at his numbers... especially last year when he had noodle arms and scrubs throwing to him. He is good... A bona fide #1. There are very very few WRs in the entire league that play consistent, dominant football... Maybe 2 or 3 now that Megatron is gone.

Sometimes I wish TY was a better run blocker, & could play a little more physically vs press coverage. Those are really my only 2 knocks on him. He stays *healthy* (2 or 3 missed games in 5 years I think), & he's definitely Luck's go to target, as he's a deep threat, & runs crisp short routes as well. He really needs to step up big in Moncrief's absence & be a leader, & I expect that he will, starting tomorrow. 

*(Me knocking on wood)*

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

I disagree... Hilton is more valuable to the Colts as a WR than he'd be as trade fodder. The reasons why you don't like him are the same that would lower his trade value.

Look at his numbers... especially last year when he had noodle arms and scrubs throwing to him. He is good... A bona fide #1. There are very very few WRs in the entire league that play consistent, dominant football... Maybe 2 or 3 now that Megatron is gone.

When you can't beat bump and run coverage which he cant ever then you are not a number 1 receiver your a number 3 slot guy.

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

When you can't beat bump and run coverage which he cant ever then you are not a number 1 receiver your a number 3 slot guy.

His stats and numbers prove he is a #1 receiver. Calling him a #3 slot guy is insulting to him, the Colt fans and to yourself.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't think some people realize how good TY is. With Hilton, Dorsett, and Moncrief our offense is going to be stout for a long time. The absolute only way I would have traded Hilton is if it was for a superstar pass rusher like Miller, Houston, Mack, etc. Or a guy like Anthony Barr who would probably put up 15 sacks a year in our scheme. Or obviously for Watt or Kuechly.

I guess it's a little that I'm a what have you done for me lately guy. TY lately has not been very good. I'm not sure if his chemistry with Luck has just not been there, since he's targeted a lot but his receptions aren't what they should be.

Depends on what we can get for Hilton. I personally like 2 big wr's on the outside and Dorsett or Hilton in the slot but its been proven you can win with shorter wr's. Pittsburghs been doing it and the Patriots have done it. Dorsett is more of the Antonio Brown mold much more than Hilton though obviously on what they are physically capable of and in body type and as his route running progresses and Luck targets Dorsett more his numbers will reflect that HOWEVER Hiltons production speaks for itself.

He isn't a traditional #1 in terms of height weight being able to break down and get separation on short/intermediate routes but being allowed to move around he can produce as well as anyone in the NFL at his position. I am not against trading Hilton after the season but that's more to with my infatuation with taller longer stronger bigger target range type wr's than it has to do with Hilton who I really like despite his weaknesses

Long story short I am not against trading Hilton but like any trade its all about what you get in return. I do think there is a couple teams that would fork over a 1st for him actually but certainly its a limited number of teams

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

You need 3 above average receivers in the NFL ......no need to even consider trading any of them under any circumstances....

WE have 99 problems but the WRs aint one

On 9/24/2016 at 11:36 AM, BProland85 said:

First off, I want to start off by saying that I was a firm believer that we should have tried trading Hilton once Dorsett was drafted. I view Dorsett as a better version of Hilton. Dorsett is faster, seems to play tougher, and is simply bigger than Hilton, who seems to disappear in games when asked to play against the better, more physical corners.

I believe that with the proper OL to protect Luck and provide running lanes, that Andrew could make WRs better, the same way Peyton did during his career. I think having a WR core of Moncrief, Dorsett, Bray, Rogers, and perhaps another late round draft pick would have been fine at WR. Football is all about the trenches as we all know, and using the extra resources generated from a Hilton trade to beef up needs elsewhere would have gone a long way to helping this team.

Tough decisions have to be made from time to time, and while many fans would not have liked trading away Hilton, he had very good trade value at the time Dorsett was drafted. I believe we could have gotten two 2nds for him. This team is a long ways from being a true Superbowl contender, and sometimes trading away a luxury, which to me is what Hilton is, would help in other areas of need. If the coaching staff can't make up for the loss of Hilton by scheming plays to get Dorsett and  Moncrief the ball more, than they aren't good coaches. New England seems to find ways to get Edelman the ball anywhere on the field. Dorsett is much more talented than Edelman, and could benefit from moving him around.

Anyways, sorry for my rant on front office decision making. I just want what's best for the team, and building a tough and talented defense and OL is something I'd much rather have over a luxury WR in Hilton.

How do you feel today? 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hate to play devil's advocate but Jason Verrett getting injured on that ST play jump started TY's production. I'm glad he is on my team though because his speed in the open field is hard to buy. :)

Hilton had over 100 yards before Verrett got hurt.