Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So do you feel better about the Colt's divisional chances now?

JPFolks

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we are healthy we have the best team in the division and we should win it.  Texans are going to have buyers remorse.  Osweiller doesn't scare me.  Nor do the other two Qb's.  We should get better with every game going forward as the OL starts to get more experience and the defense gets healthy.  I think we are the team to beat in the division.  

On 9/24/2016 at 4:58 PM, JPFolks said:

A shut out is a rarity in the NFL.  A blowout is not.  Houston has now been shut out 2 times in 4 games.

That's a good point.  However, I was specifically talking about this "I don't believe we ever got whooped that badly, " A blowout is definitely a whooping, in my humble opinion.

3 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

That's a good point.  However, I was specifically talking about this "I don't believe we ever got whooped that badly, " A blowout is definitely a whooping, in my humble opinion.

It's semantics.... getting completely shut out while your opponent is moving up and down the field on your vaunted defense with a rookie 3rd string QB is about as much of a whooping as is possible... we've been in the NE games at various points before they slipped away... Houston was never in that game after kickoff....

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2016 at 8:34 AM, MacDee1975 said:

He's not trash, but he certainly isn't good.  There's a reason that a championship organization was willing to let him walk.

Many of us pointed out that Hoyer was a superior qb to Osweiller last year, and that they would be worse off at this position this year.  Which they are.

Yep.....when you're right, your right.  Osweiler is not just worse than Hoyer this year, he is worse than every single qb in the league.  72 million well spent.....lolololololololololololol

Assuming Andrew plays on Monday I think all 3 teams being Colts, Texans, and Titans will be 6-6 after next Monday. Packers have found their groove now IMO and have to win or they are pretty much done. Texans aren't winning in Lambeau and I think we eek one out in NY. If all 3 teams are 6-6 than it's like a new season basically with 4 to go and we have the tiebreaker over the Titans and play the Texans in Indy. I think we should be the favorite at that point. Titans still play at KC and Denver - good luck with that haha. I think we can beat a team like Minnesota because they don't score much, Oakland on the other hand will be tough looking at our schedule.

It's a cliche but true: teams that get "hot" at the right time can win it all. This implies that mistakes are reduced or eliminated and whatever flaws were there during the season, have been corrected. Stupid penalties, dropped passes, missed tackles, etc. This happened in 2006 when the Colts magically found a run defense. There are two glaring deficiencies with the Colts: inconsistent o line play and lack of pass rush. Both of these areas can improve if the team gets healthy. I do have hope for an improved pass rush if the secondary can get and stay healthy. We shall see....

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

It's a cliche but true: teams that get "hot" at the right time can win it all. This implies that mistakes are reduced or eliminated and whatever flaws were there during the season, have been corrected. Stupid penalties, dropped passes, missed tackles, etc. This happened in 2006 when the Colts magically found a run defense. There are two glaring deficiencies with the Colts: inconsistent o line play and lack of pass rush. Both of these areas can improve if the team gets healthy. I do have hope for an improved pass rush if the secondary can get and stay healthy. We shall see....

Need bob sanders and boogie back

Houston sports talk radio is throwing out the idea of benching Osweiller and starting Savage. This is a sign this team is doomed as Savage is no better. They are a mission to get the Texans to admit they blew $72,000,000 for nothing. The Texans have never had a QB other than the original David Carr who never got help in the form of personnel in the offensive line and his career was ruined because of it. Coach O'Brien is said to be very unhappy with Brock but is under the pressure from the owners to keep quiet. It is kind of sad that the fans here keep getting their hopes up despite every year falling way short. To me the schedule will dictate the success or failure of the Colts to take their division. Squeaking out a divisional title in the pathetic AFC South being the least of the bad is nothing to brag about and it will become apparent in the playoffs ie., "one and done".

We should be tied with Houston after tomorrow night,  and I think I'm reading that the tie-breakers favor the Colts.

Then, we play them head to head in Indianapolis next Sunday.

The Colts have Andrew Luck.     The Texans have Brock Osweiler.     

I'll take my chances,  yes,   thanks very much!!        :thmup:      :thmup:

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

We should be tied with Houston after tomorrow night,  and I think I'm reading that the tie-breakers favor the Colts.

Me too, beating the Jets and Texans is a must though. We get those 2 wins I give us a 75% chance of winning the Division because we have the tiebreaker over the Titans and they will lose at least 1 more game, maybe 2. They still have Denver and at KC.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too, beating the Jets and Texans is a must though. We get those 2 wins I give us a 75% chance of winning the Division because we have the tiebreaker over the Titans and they will lose at least 1 more game, maybe 2. They still have Denver and at KC.

I'm guessing we go close going 4-1...   the one loss to Oakland, who I'm guessing will be playing for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. 

But,  otherwise,  I think we stand a decent chance to win-out.     The possible other game to trip us up is.....   Minnesota.

They're having the strangest season.     Peterson may be back for our game.     Their defense can be dominant.     And yet, they've been struggling for 5-7 weeks.

But,  if things continue to go squirrelly for them,  then I think we can beat them on the road indoors.

I probably shouldn't be so optimistic about that game,   but I think we shouldn't be blown out and if we're close,  we've got a chance.

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tie breakers favor the texans   They are 3-0 in the division we are 2-2.  If we beat them and the jaggoffs we will be 4-2.  If they only lose to us and we win out they win due to division record.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

We've got our foot in the door. Lets kick it open and make a run to the playoffs! Personally I feel like all these potential playoff teams have holes in them including New England. Colts belong and can compete in the ring. One game at a time! Starting with the Jets.

9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Tie breakers favor the texans   They are 3-0 in the division we are 2-2.  If we beat them and the jaggoffs we will be 4-2.  If they only lose to us and we win out they win due to division record.

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  12. Coin toss

Yuk!        :yuk:

That certainly takes some of the wind out of my sails!         :peek:

EDIT:      Just checked the schedule.    We'll have to hope that either Cincy or Tennessee beats them to give us the help we need......    

Here's hoping.......

8 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Two Clubs

5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  12. Coin toss

They still play at Tennessee as well and I don't see them winning that game. Both teams should finish 4-2 in the Division. At that point we could have the tiebreakers if it comes to that.

I'll feel slightly better if they win tomorrow, it's going to be a very difficult game for the Colts.  They seem to have fits against the Jets and Fitzpatrick I could see looking like a top tier QB tomorrow.  I don't feel too comfortable at all with tomorrows game.  The Texans aren't looking good though.

Titans schedule is pretty tough with Denver/KC, Colts is pretty tough with NY (weak team but one they struggle with)/Hou/Min/Oak and the Texans have a cupcake schedule and play 3 divisional opponents and The Bengals.  It's going to take a pretty good collapse for them to lose the division along with the Colts winning.

4 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I'll feel slightly better if they win tomorrow, it's going to be a very difficult game for the Colts.  They seem to have fits against the Jets and Fitzpatrick I could see looking like a top tier QB tomorrow.  I don't feel too comfortable at all with tomorrows game.  The Texans aren't looking good though.

Titans schedule is pretty tough with Denver/KC, Colts is pretty tough with NY (weak team but one they struggle with)/Hou/Min/Oak and the Texans have a cupcake schedule and play 3 divisional opponents and The Bengals.  It's going to take a pretty good collapse for them to lose the division along with the Colts winning.

That Cincy game could be another potential loss for Houston after watching what they did to Philly today. Tennessee could be another loss. And of course the Colt game.

Not sure why everyone keeps saying they will lose to Tenn....  must just be the way it makes the Colts in the playoff scenario work.   I see them going 2-2 the rest of the way and finishing 8-8. I have us going 2-3 and finishing 7-9.  We may get to 8-8 but will lose tie breaker to Texans for division record.  They will go 5-1 in the division to our 4-2 

I also believe we lose to the Jets tomorrow night.   We are not very good outside of our division.  Hope Im wrong, but we still have a lot of injuries

17 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Not sure why everyone keeps saying they will lose to Tenn....  must just be the way it makes the Colts in the playoff scenario work.   I see them going 2-2 the rest of the way and finishing 8-8. I have us going 2-3 and finishing 7-9.  We may get to 8-8 but will lose tie breaker to Texans for division record.  They will go 5-1 in the division to our 4-2 

I also believe we lose to the Jets tomorrow night.   We are not very good outside of our division.  Hope Im wrong, but we still have a lot of injuries

Have you seen the way the Texans have played the last 3 games and the way the Titans can score? Titans will win that game IMO and I think we will win tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Have you seen the way the Texans have played the last 3 games and the way the Titans can score? Titans will win that game IMO and I think we will win tomorrow.

They have had one good game in the last 3 weeks. So I am not sure what you are referring to.  The beat the Pack lost to us and barely beat the Bears.  Before that they were spanked by SD beat Jaggoffs and. Lost to us and they barely beat Cleveland.

They are not that good never understood where the hype came from

1 hour ago, krunk said:

That Cincy game could be another potential loss for Houston after watching what they did to Philly today. Tennessee could be another loss. And of course the Colt game.

I hope so but looking at the Colts schedule on the other hand is pretty imposing as well.  I know Mins O isn't anything special but neither is the Colts D. Minnesota's D though will give the Colts offense some fits.  I hate to sound like Chuck Pagano but these games are going to be a dog fight man and very hard to win :lol:.  Every game seems like it's just going to be difficult and I see 5 very close games remaining. 

Luck and co will have to find a way to survive against 3 solid defenses in NY, Hou, and Min.  Heck, even Mack has the ability to wreck this OL alone with Oak.  Even if they double him they will just get blasted by someone else.  I hope they pull it out but I'm still making sure to keep the expectations low.  I will be pleasantly happy and still surprised to see them make the playoffs if they do.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

They have had one good game in the last 3 weeks. So I am not sure what you are referring to.  The beat the Pack lost to us and barely beat the Bears.  Before that they were spanked by SD beat Jaggoffs and. Lost to us and they barely beat Cleveland.

They are not that good never understood where the hype came from

It's not that I think the Titans are Good but I think the Texans have trouble scoring and are playing Bad Football right now.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not that I think the Titans are Good but I think the Texans have trouble scoring and are playing Bad Football right now.

Fair enough.  I don't think the Texans played bad today.   GB is not a very good team but they seem to be coming out of their slump.  I think we caught them at the right time.  

Colts have the capability of running the table, I just think the offenseive  scheme and poor coaching will be their ultimate demise.   Chud will more than likely call another terrible game tomorrow night  and try to force something that is just not there.

2 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Fair enough.  I don't think the Texans played bad today.   GB is not a very good team but they seem to be coming out of their slump.  I think we caught them at the right time.  

Colts have the capability of running the table, I just think the offense I've scheme and poor coaching will be their ultimate demise.   Chud will more than likely call another terrible game tomorrow night  and try to force something that is just not there.

I feel good about things but I am nervous because of the way we have blown games earlier in the season.

I dont think this Jet defense is much different than when we had to play Green Bay. Green Bay may have even been ranked higher coming in to that football game. Game plan should be similar to Green Bay game. Consistent running of the football. Gore broke off some nice runs against the Jets last year. Great mix of play action passing, crossing routes, screens and pick plays. Get aggressive down field when you can. Green Bay game plan would work against this team. Main thing Andrew has to stay away from is turning the football over. We gifted the Jets at least 10 points last year. I dont think we have had a single fumble from anyone this year at all. Hopefully Frank and company continue the trend tonight. Wr have to catch the ball just as well as Green Bay.