Sign in to follow this  
Jared Cisneros

Fanduel Thread

Recommended Posts

This is a thread dedicated to getting help on fanduel or just bragging about tourneys and wins. I started week two and won $70 in a $1 tourney by getting 2nd place to begin the season. 

 

https://www.fanduel.com/games/16345/contests/16345-201333973/entries/1021223882/scoring

 

Available for help on the week, or love to hear and see winnings (be sure to show them). 

 

Please nail this thread with the draftkings thread above!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first week I won $10 in a dollar tournament, so I'm ahead. Didn't win anything last week, although I came close. Antonio Brown and De'Angelo Williams helped me the first week, as did Luck. Brown kind of slid last week, but I'll still put him in my lineups.

 

I should have had New England as my defense this week, but didn't use anyone from Thursday night. At least I didn't use Osweiler.haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Is Fanduel better than DraftKings?

 

I never played DraftKings, so I can't say, but I do enjoy Fanduel. I like the variety of leagues and tournaments and all the different amounts of money you can choose from. There are even free games no cash value, but to see how many points you can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Is Fanduel better than DraftKings?

I enjoy it better for the most part. Fanduel caters to beginners better by separating them from highly experienced players based on winnings, and I can withdraw checks for low amounts if I need too at any time. Needed to pay my dad back some money, so I withdrew $75, and they sent me a check. Really convienent from when you used to had to of had $250 to withdraw years ago. I would recommend fanduel 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, teganslaw said:

The first week I won $10 in a dollar tournament, so I'm ahead. Didn't win anything last week, although I came close. Antonio Brown and De'Angelo Williams helped me the first week, as did Luck. Brown kind of slid last week, but I'll still put him in my lineups.

 

I should have had New England as my defense this week, but didn't use anyone from Thursday night. At least I didn't use Osweiler.haha

Congrats! That's solid. $10 in a $1 tourney isn't bad at all. I wouldn't use anyone from a Thursday night game at all, this is a suggestion as other players in your lineup that play on Sunday or Monday could get injured in practice. Corey Coleman breaking his hand is an example. I would completely avoid the Thursday games and play the 1:00 games on and have the ability to set your lineups til the 1st games start. That will give you protection against the injuries that could occur.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't go so good this week. Sometimes I wonder how much the NFL analysts really know. I was going to have some KC players, but it was suppose to be a bad match up against the Jets' defense. Turns out the Jets' didn't have a defense this week.  Luck and Rivers were "starts of the week."; wasn't real bad, but not as expected. 

 

Antonio Brown continues to impress. Despite the Steelers' pathetic defensive game, Brown still got me 20 points. He was one of the few bright points. Maybe next week will go better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minnesota defense and TE Kyle Rudolph got me a winning position in one of my Fanduel tournaments. It was in a dollar league, and even though the winning wasn't  a huge amount, every little bit helps. Someone brought up the point that the Giants hadn't given up a touchdown to any tight ends this season. Last night Rudolph scored a touchdown, so there's always a first time. Liking Minnesota so far this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2016 at 7:11 AM, teganslaw said:

Minnesota defense and TE Kyle Rudolph got me a winning position in one of my Fanduel tournaments. It was in a dollar league, and even though the winning wasn't  a huge amount, every little bit helps. Someone brought up the point that the Giants hadn't given up a touchdown to any tight ends this season. Last night Rudolph scored a touchdown, so there's always a first time. Liking Minnesota so far this season. 

Good job Tegan! How much did you win in the tourney? I did a withdrawl and had to start over. Turned $13 into $34 as I won all 11 of my cash leagues. This week, I'm going to enter a tourney or two and take a few more chances on a couple 5 and 10 player tourneys to see if I can double my bankroll again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Good job Tegan! How much did you win in the tourney? I did a withdrawl and had to start over. Turned $13 into $34 as I won all 11 of my cash leagues. This week, I'm going to enter a tourney or two and take a few more chances on a couple 5 and 10 player tourneys to see if I can double my bankroll again.

 

I won $12.50 so far; spent $4.00. I've  been playing the $1 and $2 leagues along with some free ones. The free ones, of course, don't pay anything, but they give me a chance to practice setting up lineups while staying within the salary cap. I can't afford to spend more than that at a time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

 

I won $12.50 so far; spent $4.00. I've  been playing the $1 and $2 leagues along with some free ones. The free ones, of course, don't pay anything, but they give me a chance to practice setting up lineups while staying within the salary cap. I can't afford to spend more than that at a time. 

That's pretty decent. Fanduel allows you to withdraw at basically anytime. I withdrew $75 to make up for some losses at the casino, so it's a lot lower now than the $250 minimum years ago. I'm doing $1 and $2 leagues as well. Was going to do a $5 league this week, but cancelled it because i want to build my bankroll higher first. Lots of ways in $1 and $2 contests to do that. Good luck this week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T. Y. Hilton got me 28 points, and helped me win. I always use Antonio Brown and Le"Veon Bell in my lineups, no matter the match up. They are my "go to" guys. 

 

I almost used Brady, but decided elsewhere. I spent the money on other positions instead. it wasn't too bad, though, as Derek Carr got me 22 points. I keep hearing about  Zach Ertz, but he didn't do much, so most likely won't try him again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2016 at 6:19 AM, teganslaw said:

T. Y. Hilton got me 28 points, and helped me win. I always use Antonio Brown and Le"Veon Bell in my lineups, no matter the match up. They are my "go to" guys. 

 

I almost used Brady, but decided elsewhere. I spent the money on other positions instead. it wasn't too bad, though, as Derek Carr got me 22 points. I keep hearing about  Zach Ertz, but he didn't do much, so most likely won't try him again.

I had an average week this last week. Used Aaron Rodgers in cash and Brady in tourneys with Bennett, along with Cooper and Marshall. So did better in tourneys, though Terrance West and Zach Ertz hurt me. I also switched Vinetairi out for McManus out to be Contrarian, and it cost me 11 points. So I made some decent money in tourneys, but made a couple dumb mistakes as well. 

 

Couldn't bring myself to use Brown and Bell this week. Marshall was slightly better, and I had Jordan Howard. May go back to one of them this week though. Definitely a harder week with all the prices up. Someone like Bell or Brown will be a nice pick performance-wise I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Prescott and Elliott in one of my tournaments. The advice from some analysts is to bench Elliott against Green Bay, but they've been wrong before. Elliott has been so productive that I want to use him. Green Bay's defense doesn't always deliver, and I'm hoping that Elliott has a big day. Will find out later if I made a mistake.

 

I also have Sammy Coates, but looks like he might need to be replaced, as he's still listed as questionable and will be a game time decision. My lineups lock at 1:00, so have to decide soon. I really dislike 'game time decisions" in fantasy football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am PERMANENTLY BENCHING allen robinson,  and PERMANENTLY PLAYING mike Wallace. 

 

Allen robinson is absolute trash!  

 

I bench latavius murray cause of his garbage play. And he puts up 22 in ppr. 

 

I can't win at all.  I play good people they do trash, I bench players when they've been garbage and then they do great.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I am PERMANENTLY BENCHING allen robinson,  and PERMANENTLY PLAYING mike Wallace. 

 

Allen robinson is absolute trash!  

 

I bench latavius murray cause of his garbage play. And he puts up 22 in ppr. 

 

I can't win at all.  I play good people they do trash, I bench players when they've been garbage and then they do great.  

 

 

Jacksonville has been disappointing this season. I had Bortles and Robinson in leagues last season and did well with them, but not  this year.

 

L Murray hasn't done much at all, so it figures that the game he's benched is when he puts up all those points.  It seems that the NFL doesn't cooperate with fantasy football.

 

Then injuries happen, and that changes everything. I've lost more in ppr leagues than won, but still continue playing. I just keep trying, thinking each week is another chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott helped me gain in the top 50% of a 100 player league, so I won a small amount of money. I was near the bottom before Sunday night.  Denver's defense also scored 22 points for me.

 

Julio Jones seems to do well the times I don't have him in the lineup; when I do have him, he scores very few points. I'm never sure whether to play him or not. I won't next week because I avoid Thursday night games in daily. I don't like my lineups to lock that far ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got first place in a five player league thanks to Ezekiel Elliott. He got me 39 points, the most I've ever gotten from one player. it was a free game, so no cash value, just bragging rights.

 

On another league, I wasn't sure at first about DeMarco Murray against GB, but it worked out. Murray ran wild on the Packers. That helped me get a small amount in a dollar tournament. Should have also used Elliot in that one, but oh well.

On the other hand, Brady had an off game. I expected more out of him since he is expensive; should have gone with Newton or Roethlisberger instead. Had a good week overall, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's challenging trying to set up lineups. Many of the top quarterbacks didn't do well, so I'm not sure who to trust this week. I'm definitely putting Le'Veon Bell in my leagues. I was in the top 50% because of Bell: he got me 49 points! I don't expect him to do that every time, but how can I not have him in my lineups? Especially when the Steelers are trying for the playoffs.

 

Then if teams are already going to the playoffs, will the starters still play? That's why I prefer daily fantasy: each week is a different league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.