Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Other injury updates

snkdy

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts

Pagano says the Colts will absolutely use all three safeties together (Mike Adams, Clayton Geathers and T.J. Green) going forward.

I can kind of see why we are carrying 5 safeties on the roster this year now.

This will be the single biggest aide to our linebackers. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson and Moore look 10x better against the Chargers this week.

I don't feel so strong about Davis playing this week.  He's just kind of getting back in the swing of things.  They'll probably let him practice all week and rule him out.  Probably won't see him until next week I bet.   Who knows though........

Just now, krunk said:

I don't feel so strong about Davis playing this week.  He's just kind of getting back in the swing of things.  They'll probably let him practice all week and rule him out.  Probably won't see him until next week I bet.   Who knows though........

I'd rather him just sit this week out and be ready to go against Jacksonville. It sounds like we'll have Geathers, Green, Robinson, and Cromartie this week. If we can limit Tate, Marvin Jones, D. Thomas, and Sanders, I'm confident we can slow down Travis Benjamin and whoever else San Diego trots out there. Don't really care who is throwing them the ball.

10 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Is Luck on the injury report?  Mike Wells just reported he's the 1 QB that is not practicing today but he's suppose to address the media after practice?  Rest day, hopefully?

With this team rest days usually mean low key injury days... or at least it seems that way to me. I wouldn't be surprised if his leg's been tight all week. 

11 hours ago, krunk said:

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts

Pagano says the Colts will absolutely use three safeties together (Mike Adams, Clayton Geathers and T.J. Green) going forward.

I can kind of see why we are carrying 5 safeties on the roster this year now.

With the release of Winston Guy Tuesday we are actually only carrying 4 safeties. Adams, Geathers, Green & Farley.

4 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Davis is ruled out?  I thought there was a decent chance he could see the field this weekend?

He hasn't been ruled out.  Just guessing that he will be for the most part.

Starting to look like there may be a chance he plays though.

I said in the thread about Mathis that a lineup of Adam, Geathers/Green, Davis, Cro, & P-Rob in the secondary. With Moore, Green/Geathers as our LB's and a front line of Mathis, Langford, McGill, & Cole (I would prefer a washed up Freeney over a washed up Cole) would make a great 3rd down defense.  And you can rotate Anderson, Jones, or Kerr on that front.  I think a lineup like this would generate a lot of sacks and turnovers. Question though. Which safety between Geathers and Green would be better suited for work in the box & a Gates matchup?  Whichever it is will get some good preparation for Julius Thomas the following week. 

10 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think Kevin Bowen meant Reitz/Good might be able to go Sunday not Clark.  This is only Thursday.  I think they both make the trip and one starts, probably Good, and Haag starts at RT.  Just a hunch of course.

Still a chance Clark could end up playing and that scares me. Brings back nightmares of that Philly preseason game although the Jags dont have the same pass rushers as Philly. I'm hoping hes gotten better.