Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Are't Head Kicks Drawing Flags?

King Colt

Ball carrier leaping over the heads of defenders is the latest fad in football. I saw a Miami Dolphin get kicked in the head last week as the ball carrier leaped over him. Seems to me if you can't head slap a player why are they allowed to head kick a player intentionally or not?

Also, why is excessive celebration not called for when the runner does a full 360 in the end zone risking injury to himself? Other end zone celebrations are harmless.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Ball carrier leaping over the heads of defenders is the latest fad in football. I saw a Miami Dolphin get kicked in the head last week as the ball carrier leaped over him. Seems to me if you can't head slap a player why are they allowed to head kick a player intentionally or not?

Also, why is excessive celebration not called for when the runner does a full 360 in the end zone risking injury to himself? Other end zone celebrations are harmless.

The difference is the fact he's a ball carrier, not what appendage he's using.  You're allowed to stiff arm, even to the helmet, right?  So why couldn't you jump a guy?  It's not like they're jumping and intentionally roundhouse kicking people in the face.

6 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Because jumping is a part of the game to avoid tackles. Just like the good ol stiff Arm. Cant be banning everything now 

Roger Goodell is licking his chops right about now. "We have to ban that, now!" Then Bill Belichick will find a way around it, and Goodell will say, "Damn you, Belichick! Why didn't you bring that loophole up in the NFL meetings!?"

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Because jumping is a part of the game to avoid tackles. Just like the good ol stiff Arm. Cant be banning everything now 

I think stiff-arming a guy in the face mask needs to illegal for the same reason that 'hands to the face' by offensive linemen is illegal....neck injury risk

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

I think stiff-arming a guy in the face mask needs to illegal for the same reason that 'hands to the face' by offensive linemen is illegal....neck injury risk

If one of them is illegal than both should be. I agree.

Although generally I think both should be LEGAL because every athelete knows what sport they're playing and inherits the risk of injury with the possibility of making ludicrous amounts of $$$