Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF OL Scores through 2 Games

bigt

6 hours ago, akcolt said:

I think we see Haeg at RT before the years out. I'm not sure about RG. That really should have been addressed in FA IMO. 

not sure i mean how much capital are we investing on OL? Castonzo already has a big contract and giving another "good" contract for a RG  + Mewhort near end of his rookie contract + 1st round?

Anyways i think Haeg will eventually take either Good or Retiz job. Wildcard is Clark, if he develops we probably have the whole line set with him as RT (i dont view him as RG but im not a coach so...) and Haeg at RG.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/9/2016 at 6:15 PM, Superman said:

Langford was really bad on Sunday.

yea it is quite obvious he is hurt, they should let him heal and feel comfortable. He is not being impactfull anyways and risk reinjure.

Also, why are coaches not giving mcgill more time, kerr is getting a lot of time but mcgill is probably the most natural pass rusher from the inside we got.

26 minutes ago, Mameluc said:

not sure i mean how much capital are we investing on OL? Castonzo already has a big contract and giving another "good" contract for a RG  + Mewhort near end of his rookie contract + 1st round?

Anyways i think Haeg will eventually take either Good or Retiz job. Wildcard is Clark, if he develops we probably have the whole line set with him as RT (i dont view him as RG but im not a coach so...) and Haeg at RG.

I think they really like Good at RG.  So far so good and it's really early for him.  Haag is going to be a good player too.  Not sure where he goes.  They obviously want Clark at RT but we are a year away.  That spot is where the battle really is.  Haag vs. Clark.  Harrison, surprisingly, looked better at guard as well. 

28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think they really like Good at RG.  So far so good and it's really early for him.  Haag is going to be a good player too.  Not sure where he goes.  They obviously want Clark at RT but we are a year away.  That spot is where the battle really is.  Haag vs. Clark.  Harrison, surprisingly, looked better at guard as well. 

Oh yes, I'm not advocating for Clark this year. He might no be ready next year either who knows. I was talking long term.

As for Good, me personnally havent been convinced by him but it has only been 2 games so its too early.I actually liked him a bit as RT. I think he has struggled a bit as G. I do like Haeg a lot like i said, so i expect him to crack the lineup somewhere this season.

1 hour ago, Mameluc said:

Oh yes, I'm not advocating for Clark this year. He might no be ready next year either who knows. I was talking long term.

As for Good, me personnally havent been convinced by him but it has only been 2 games so its too early.I actually liked him a bit as RT. I think he has struggled a bit as G. I do like Haeg a lot like i said, so i expect him to crack the lineup somewhere this season.

I thought Good looked okay at RT also.  The fact they moved him to G  tells me that is where they feel his best position is.  Philbin should know.  He is huge body and no one has supplanted him yet.  We shall see.  Reitz is a stop gap until someone can dislodge him.  He is a great backup.  Maybe Haag can do it. 

20 minutes ago, dudeski said:

I find it hilarious people actually think a pff grade means something

Its for good reason. No they aren't perfect but they aren't just nobodies giving grades with nobody worth noting to back them up https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-coaches-network-partnership/

The majority of NFL teams subscribe to the info they provide. Its not clear that the Colts are one of those teams but I doubt it. PFF is pretty in depth about the grades they give and why  though I don't always agree with some grades

12 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Its for good reason. No they aren't perfect but they aren't just nobodies giving grades with nobody worth noting to back them up https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-coaches-network-partnership/

The majority of NFL teams subscribe to the info they provide. Its not clear that the Colts are one of those teams but I doubt it. PFF is pretty in depth about the grades they give and why  though I don't always agree with some grades

Gavin.....

Consider the source of the criticism.

Look who the poster is who made the negative comment.      That's who he is.....   a guy who makes mostly negative comments.

54 minutes ago, Gavin said:

No nfl team pays a lick of attention to their grades.  We all know that.  

Thursday updated offense grades.

Castonzo            74.2

Mewhort              77.1

Kelly                   74.0

Good                  47.9

Reitz                   48.3

Allen                   54.0

Rogers               51.7

Dorsett               70.5

Hilton                  74.4

Gore                   53.5

Luck                   87.9

I say give Good and Reitz another shot against the Chargers.  If they do better, leave them there for another game.  If they continue to do poorly, flip flop them for the London game.  If they still do poorly against the Jags, its Haeg time.

15 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I thought Good looked okay at RT also.  The fact they moved him to G  tells me that is where they feel his best position is.  Philbin should know.  He is huge body and no one has supplanted him yet.  We shall see.  Reitz is a stop gap until someone can dislodge him.  He is a great backup.  Maybe Haag can do it. 

I've been criticized for being anti-Good since training camp.  I wish I was wrong about him so we'd have a good line, but he's not in the same universe as a real guard like Mewhort.  I have been impressed by him since day one and sp glad he wasn't out for the season.  He's clearly our best lineman.

I am confused on how good gets such a bad grade.  He don't remember him  giving up a sack, and run blocked VERY well.  He did get hurt in the 2nd 1/2..perhaps this is the reason for a low grade?

Frankly..it seems to me the the center of the o-line has been our strength through 2 games..our edges have been quite bad.

3 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I am confused on how good gets such a bad grade.  He don't remember him  giving up a sack, and run blocked VERY well.  He did get hurt in the 2nd 1/2..perhaps this is the reason for a low grade?

Frankly..it seems to me the the center of the o-line has been our strength through 2 games..our edges have been quite bad.

Its pff dude.  Their grades mean nothing 

10 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I've been criticized for being anti-Good since training camp.  I wish I was wrong about him so we'd have a good line, but he's not in the same universe as a real guard like Mewhort.  I have been impressed by him since day one and sp glad he wasn't out for the season.  He's clearly our best lineman.

Mewhort is not our best lineman and is not close to an all pro

On September 22, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Mameluc said:

Haeg looks like a RT to me He needs to add strength to play inside. We will see what happens w/Clark He may be future LT or a career back up. 

54 minutes ago, dudeski said:

Mewhort is not our best lineman and is not close to an all pro

Mewhort is by far our best lineman.  Castonzo was awful last year and it is well documented. And I didn't say he was all pro now, I said one day he would be. Other than that you're right...oh wait, that was all you said. Nevermind.

2 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Mewhort is by far our best lineman.  Castonzo was awful last year and it is well documented. And I didn't say he was all pro now, I said one day he would be. Other than that you're right...oh wait, that was all you said. Nevermind.

mewhort plays lg.  put him at left tackle and see if he plays it better than ac.  i guarantee ac would be a great lg.  and mewhort may be the most overrated player on this team.  

mewhort is a good player but he is not nearly as good as people on here make him out to be.  reitz could play lg and do about the same

2 minutes ago, dudeski said:

mewhort plays lg.  put him at left tackle and see if he plays it better than ac.  i guarantee ac would be a great lg.  and mewhort may be the most overrated player on this team.  

mewhort is a good player but he is not nearly as good as people on here make him out to be.  reitz could play lg and do about the same

I'm not sure Castonzo would make as good a LG at Mewhort based on a couple factors:

-I don't think Castonzo currently has the strength to hold up against big strong DT's that can bull rush. He is built more for LT long and thinner than when he first came into the NFL

-While Castonzo would not be going against the likes of the Von Millers or Justin Houstons on a regular basis he would still be responsible for more than just 1 on 1 DE/OLB blocking much more often. LT is pretty much all 1 on 1 blocking. Not often do you have to account for a blitzing Linebacker up the middle or a Stunt particularly when chipping a DT or combo blocking

-I think Mewhort would most likely be able to play LT at an average level which Castonzo has done minus 2014 when he played at an elite level

12 minutes ago, dudeski said:

I think Reitz is a versatile backup who can hold his own at a number of positions but not a long term answer. Mewhort can not play tackle, they tried it last year, does not matter what side.  He is too slow and not quick enough for the speed rushers.  He belongs at guard and he is going to be a good one.  Same for Good.  You want strong maulers at guard.  Good fits the bill and I think he is showing very well there.  Too bad he missed this week.  I'm not sure Haag is stronger than Harrison.  I don't think so. It will be interesting to see who starts this week in place of Good.  I think Haags best shot is RT and Clark seems to be ahead of him there at least on  the depth chart.  Best players play. 

9 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I'm not sure Castonzo would make as good a LG at Mewhort based on a couple factors:

-I don't think Castonzo currently has the strength to hold up against big strong DT's that can bull rush. He is built more for LT long and thinner than when he first came into the NFL

-While Castonzo would not be going against the likes of the Von Millers or Justin Houstons on a regular basis he would still be responsible for more than just 1 on 1 DE/OLB blocking much more often. LT is pretty much all 1 on 1 blocking. Not often do you have to account for a blitzing Linebacker up the middle or a Stunt particularly when chipping a DT or combo blocking

-I think Mewhort would most likely be able to play LT at an average level which Castonzo has done minus 2014 when he played at an elite level

interesting.  pretty much all wrong but interesting

not really sure how in the world you came up with that take when having watched mewhort play rt.  

1 minute ago, dudeski said:

interesting.  pretty much all wrong but interesting

not really sure how in the world you came up with that take when having watched mewhort play rt.  

I'd have to go back and watch him at RT. I didn't take that into account actually. I don't even remember how he was at RT. Kinda just moved on to him playing LG

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think Reitz is a versatile backup who can hold his own at a number of positions but not a long term answer. Mewhort can not play tackle, they tried it last year, does not matter what side.  He is too slow and not quick enough for the speed rushers.  He belongs at guard and he is going to be a good one.  Same for Good.  You want strong maulers at guard.  Good fits the bill and I think he is showing very well there.  Too bad he missed this week.  I'm not sure Haag is stronger than Harrison.  I don't think so. It will be interesting to see who starts this week in place of Good.  I think Haags best shot is RT and Clark seems to be ahead of him there at least on  the depth chart.  Best players play. 

reitz was a fine starter at lg for 2 years

Just now, Gavin said:

I'd have to go back and watch him at RT. I didn't take that into account actually. I don't even remember how he was at RT. Kinda just moved on to him playing LG

he was decent.  i believe we gave him a decent amount of help.  but he was not nearly as good as he is at lg.  and lg is probably the easiest position to play on the oline.  so that surely helps.  

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They drafted Mewhort to replace him. Could not have been to fine. 

did you not watch him play?  apparently not.

his injury history made him not accountable.  you should read about the colts the last few years.  interesting stuff.  

1 hour ago, dudeski said:

1 hour ago, dudeski said:

his injury history made him not accountable.  you should read about the colts the last few years.  interesting stuff.  

The fact is they drafted Mewhort to replace him and he started right away.  Pretty obvious they wanted a new LG.  Reitz is a good player.  I guess he is our best option at RT right now unless someone can beat him out.  So far no one can.  They are hoping Clark or maybe Haag will eventually replace him  and than he can go back to being a solid backup.

13 hours ago, richard pallo said:

There were many portions of the Broncos game I am noticing now while watching the game again where we had Good playing Left Guard and Mewhort playing right guard.  I was kind of scratching my head as to what made them go with the flip flop there?

17 hours ago, dudeski said:

17 hours ago, dudeski said:

The fact is they drafted Mewhort to replace him and he started right away.  Pretty obvious they wanted a new LG.  Reitz is a good player.  I guess he is our best option at RT right now unless someone can beat him out.  So far no one can.  They are hoping Clark or maybe Haag will eventually replace him  and than he can go back to being a solid backup.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

There were many portions of the Broncos game I am noticing now while watching the game again where we had Good playing Left Guard and Mewhort playing right guard.  I was kind of scratching my head as to what made them go with the flip flop there?

Interesting.  I did not notice that.  Then Good goes ahead and gets injured.  I'm surprised one of the writers didn't ask coach about the switch at one of his press conferences.  

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Interesting.  I did not notice that.  Then Good goes ahead and gets injured.  I'm surprised one of the writers didn't ask coach about the switch at one of his press conferences.  

You can find the full game on Youtube. Go watch it.

On 9/23/2016 at 5:49 PM, dudeski said:

Actually tackle is his original position.  Put Castonzo at Guard and watch him suck.... see how that works, you can argue stuff that hasn't and won't happen both ways. Mewhort id recognized outside this board as our best lineman as well.  You're digging deeper.  But it's okay, it's a free country and you have every right to be wrong.

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

10 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't believe this at all

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

Actually tackle is his original position.  Put Castonzo at Guard and watch him suck.... see how that works, you can argue stuff that hasn't and won't happen both ways. Mewhort id recognized outside this board as our best lineman as well.  You're digging deeper.  But it's okay, it's a free country and you have every right to be wrong.

But mewhort has played tackle and wasn't great at it.  Some say he was awful.  I thought he was very replaceable.

lg is pretty much the easiest position on the line to play.  He can't play lt.  

AC is our best lineman.  Most people understand this.  

50 minutes ago, dudeski said:

go back and watch the game and you will learn you are wrong. I can give you times and everything. Do your own homework.

11 minutes ago, dudeski said:

Awesome.  When was it?  I will watch in the morning 

you can go to YouTube and watch it now. I dont know what they had in mind. I kept wondering to myself why we kept running to the left so much and I looked up and noticed Good wad at left guard. We didnt run left that much in the Lions game from what i remembered. Mewhort was at right guard. They did this a number of times during the game. Not always, but it happened several times. Take a look yourself.