Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano complaints (merge)

RockThatBlue

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck chops wood irsay pays checks and has faith in Grigson as he has said,,,, Colts are near worst in draft pixs and making pixs work ..Who do you blame? I think when You have a Gman and couch that don't get along it don't work . both givin contracts ? why? This Football team should much Better with this
QB ... No Blocks for Frank Look at Dallas Great O line  Gotta run the Ball

On 11/14/2016 at 6:43 PM, tommatte said:

Chuck chops wood irsay pays checks and has faith in Grigson as he has said,,,, Colts are near worst in draft pixs and making pixs work ..Who do you blame? I think when You have a Gman and couch that don't get along it don't work . both givin contracts ? why? This Football team should much Better with this
QB ... No Blocks for Frank Look at Dallas Great O line  Gotta run the Ball

Today's game should show if this team has any ability to build on what they have already done. There is no reason whatsoever, that the colts shouldn't come out ready to go, and compete for 60 minutes. If we see more drops, more missed tackles, a lot of QB hits, another -100 yard rushing day, it's safe to say this coaching staff is inept. 

5 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Today's game should show if this team has any ability to build on what they have already done. There is no reason whatsoever, that the colts shouldn't come out ready to go, and compete for 60 minutes. If we see more drops, more missed tackles, a lot of QB hits, another -100 yard rushing day, it's safe to say this coaching staff is inept. 

OK........

You're on the clock....

The team was great for the 1st half.......   and the defense was good for the 1st half and the most of the 4th quarter.

All in all, I thought the coaching staff was very good.

And what do YOU think?!?

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK........

You're on the clock....

The team was great for the 1st half.......   and the defense was good for the 1st half and the most of the 4th quarter.

All in all, I thought the coaching staff was very good.

And what do YOU think?!?

You gotta go for it on 4th down there before Adam missed his first FG. Put the titans away, you have all the momentum, make a statment and put the titans in a situation where the colts are in their heads. Pagano had absolutely no reason to go conservative there. 

But overall 2nd best game of the year for the coaching staff. 

I've never been In this topic before but here goes. I thought Chuck's negative criticism was unfair until last night. The team was not ready to play football. Scott was ready to play because it was his first game but nobody else was (maybe Gore but when all they do is the same predictable running play, and when you have a backup QB...). I know the WRs got open but the Steeler's secondary isn't exactly phenomenal and getting open doesn't make you catch it obviously. The Steelers did tackle well but that's not as relevant as usual since the Colts didn't catch well!

The fake punt woke them up because the human ego will respond to plays like that in a football game but that doesn't let Chuck off the hook. That brings us to the calls - it was wise to go on 4th down but it's nearly physically impossible to not get 4 yards in 4 handoffs, and there were none of the rushes down there went for losses anyway. So he passes on 4th down. Wow this turned into a rant...guy needs to go and that's my opinion without getting into Xs and Os. They weren't ready to play and they should have beat the Steelers who'd lost 4 straight and beat Cleveland Luck or no Luck.

12 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I've never been In this topic before but here goes. I thought Chuck's negative criticism was unfair until last night. The team was not ready to play football. Scott was ready to play because it was his first game but nobody else was (maybe Gore but when all they do is the same predictable running play, and when you have a backup QB...). I know the WRs got open but the Steeler's secondary isn't exactly phenomenal and getting open doesn't make you catch it obviously. The Steelers did tackle well but that's not as relevant as usual since the Colts didn't catch well!

The fake punt woke them up because the human ego will respond to plays like that in a football game but that doesn't let Chuck off the hook. That brings us to the calls - it was wise to go on 4th down but it's nearly physically impossible to not get 4 yards in 4 handoffs, and there were none of the rushes down there went for losses anyway. So he passes on 4th down. Wow this turned into a rant...guy needs to go and that's my opinion without getting into Xs and Os. They weren't ready to play and they should have beat the Steelers who'd lost 4 straight and beat Cleveland Luck or no Luck.

playing unprepared is chucks signature. Colts find ways to keep other team in the game every week, like vs Texans or vs packers should have been higher score, but can't find a way to play to our ability. Can't play consistent football. The colts should be a top 5 offense in this league. Andrew should be well on his way to leading a feared offense in this league. There is no excuse for backsliding to this level if playing ability. The players are playing just like last year when the coaching staff wasn't getting along. Shouldn't they be playing better football this year? There aren't a lot of good teams in the league, there's no reason our record should be so bad vs a subpar NFL. 

• 2 weeks later...

Those misdirection plays the Chiefs ran against the Falcons today would make the Colt's offense insane! I didn't see past the 1st quarter and I'm sure they settled down but they diced the Falcons those first couple of drives. Those plays helped on an emotional level to because the Falcons came out jacked. Trickery was probably the only thing that would have worked on them after the way they scored. 

That simultaneous fake pass inside handoff was ace. Seriously. 

On 11/20/2016 at 2:00 PM, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

You gotta go for it on 4th down there

No..you dont. Its certainly another option but not going for it was not a poor coaching decision. Most coaches call for a field goal in that situation. 

Great job by the coaches leaving Allen one on one against Clowney in the red zone.

Great job by the coaches letting Castonzo get beat over and over again.

We need to clean house.  Chud's playcalling left a lot to be desired, Philbin's coaching hasn't made great impacts on the OL and I actually think the OL is regressing.  For the 2nd time this year, an offense led by Brock Osweiler beat us.  For a guy who comes from a defensive background, that's awful.

Let this sink in: Brock Osweiler, who is having an absolutely horrendous season, has beaten us twice this year.

My only reservation about bringing in a new staff is yet again making it so Luck and the offense has to learn an all new system.   That being said, I think the offensive system is basically utter crud, so I can't really say that to change again is a negative thing.

Ergo, I am hip with the idea of a wholesale coaching change.

I predict that the Pagano regime will not be fired, though, as much as it pains me to think we might have to suffer through yet another season of offensive game planning ineptitude.

As for the defensive staff, I am completely for blowing up that incompetence.

This is as negative as I have felt about my Colts in a very, VERY long time.

22 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Great job by the coaches leaving Allen one on one against Clowney in the red zone.

Great job by the coaches letting Castonzo get beat over and over again.

We need to clean house.  Chud's playcalling left a lot to be desired, Philbin's coaching hasn't made great impacts on the OL and I actually think the OL is regressing.  For the 2nd time this year, an offense led by Brock Osweiler beat us.  For a guy who comes from a defensive background, that's awful.

Let this sink in: Brock Osweiler, who is having an absolutely horrendous season, has beaten us twice this year.

I'd like to see our WR coach pack his bags at this point too. That group has been a huge disappointment this year.

Chuck basically says, "We knew there was no clear recovery, so we didn't want to challenge it, we knew that and discussed it, but uh.... somehow we still got charged a challenge and a timeout"  

Serious-freakin-ly?  THAT's what happened?  Whatever Chuck, please...... just resign, this kind of crap is insulting to fan's intelligence......  He expects people to buy that excuse?  If so, I have afake punt formation where the ball is never supposed to be snapped to sell him......

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

It's only been 5 years. Gotta give them some more time.

Give what more time? More time to show how inept this coaching staff is? Five years has been long enough to show that this coaching staff is lost and doesn't seem to want to learn from any mistakes that they make. 

That 4th and 1 call... holy ****balls...

1 minute ago, Pelt said:

Give what more time? More time to show how inept this coaching staff is? Five years has been long enough to show that this coaching staff is lost and doesn't seem to want to learn from any mistakes that they make. 

That 4th and 1 call... holy ****balls...

I was totally joking. I can't stand the guy, but there's always an excuse to keep him as HC.

Just now, IinD said:

I was totally joking. I can't stand the guy, but there's always an excuse to keep him as HC.

I apologize. I've been drinking since this game and my Internet sarcasm derector is completely faulty right now! 

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

The team stinks the coach does not. Actually, they are not a team, just a bunch of guys running around in circles.

No, the coaches pretty much suck as well...... fire them and watch to see all the teams that snap them up and give them promotions, it'd be pretty telling.....

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pagano was wanting to rescind the challenge but they wouldn't let him. Thats how Stephen Holder explained it anyway.

That's what I figured he meant. We've seen challenge flags get picked up before, but I'm not sure this situation allowed for him to pick up the flag without losing a timeout. At that point, you might as well proceed with the challenge. 

Was kinda shocked to see lots of people surprised by the outcome of that challenge. They were never gonna give us possession. Walden's quotes made it seem like he and the players knew it was a weird challenge too.

I feel like I've never seen the possession of a fumble, recovered in a pile, be overturned let alone challenged. It's too hard to see into the pile and get 100% confirmation.