Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano complaints (merge)

RockThatBlue

First off. No, I'm not ready to fire Pagano. That's not happening any time soon.

First problem. Granted its two games in, we still are having slow starts. That appears to not have gotten better.

Second problem. The team is too flipping undisciplined! We have penalties at the absolute worst times game after game. We shoot ourselves in the foot way too often. 

These are not new problems. These have been there since Pagano was hired.

Thoughts?

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

First off. No, I'm not ready to fire Pagano. That's not happening any time soon.

First problem. Granted its two games in, we still are having slow starts. That appears to not have gotten better.

Second problem. The team is too flipping undisciplined! We have penalties at the absolute worst times game after game. We shoot ourselves in the foot way too often. 

Thoughts?

Look I thought it was funny early on in the game the commentators where talking about how Pagano is finished with the slow starts.  I'm thinking to myself, "Wait........ After 4 years??! "

Just now, JColts72 said:

What about slow starts against rest of nfl teams in general?

With chud luck they have played 3 games.....two being against Denver and their dominant defense.  If it's still happening after a couple more games then it's an issue.

Great effort by coach Pagano and his staff.  On the road against the best defense in the league and score 20 points, 24 if Butler doesn't pull up lame.  Take the early lead.  Keep the game close with a chance to win it at the end.  All of that with a defense held together with rubber bands and bandaids.  Two offensive starters injured during the game, including a key receiver,  not to mention additional players lost on defense.  Throw in a couple of terrible calls by the officials and we still had a chance at the end.  Remarkable effort!  Remarkable job. When our players get healthy we are going on a great ride. 

I'm tired of him. Tired of his conservative approach. Tired of his inability to fix things (yeah we are injured right now, but what about the last couple YEARS?!). Tired of his hollow words. Tired of looking at his sad face on the sideline, especially his sad eyebrows and sad eyes. Wish Irsay would just terminate his contract on the spot.

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Great effort by coach Pagano and his staff.  On the road against the best defense in the league and score 20 points, 24 if Butler doesn't pull up lame.  Take the early lead.  Keep the game close with a chance to win it at the end.  All of that with a defense held together with rubber bands and bandaids.  Two offensive starters injured during the game, including a key receiver,  not to mention additional players lost on defense.  Throw in a couple of terrible calls by the officials and we still had a chance at the end.  Remarkable effort!  Remarkable job. When our players get healthy we are going on a great ride. 

Agreed.

I like this team, and I believe we will be a team to recon with soon. We are adding experience to our depth, and we just need to win enough games to stay in it. If we can get to a 3-3, 4-4, 5-4 mark then we are within striking distance. It is not over yet.

51 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

oh yeah that caused the game. Enough with refs excuses.

Without that crap call we would have still had all of our timeouts. The refs didn't do us any favors but its not the reason completely that we lost the game the Int for a score was a great play by them along with the sack fumble that ended it we beat ourselves.

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Agreed.

I like this team, and I believe we will be a team to recon with soon. We are adding experience to our depth, and we just need to win enough games to stay in it. If we can get to a 3-3, 4-4, 5-4 mark then we are within striking distance. It is not over yet.

Your damn right it's not!

1 hour ago, jseg18 said:

The 2 pass interference call against us at the end, were f***en ridiculous!

Those calls were dubious to say the least.  Momentum killers indeed but not the reason we ultimately lost as our 2 turnovers that went for TD's were the primary culprits. 

Colts continue to start slow out of the gates which is distrubing...however this week they faced the best defense in the NFL so if they ever deserve somewhat of a pass concerning the slow start trend...I will extend it to them...for this week only. 

The 2 pass interference call against us at the end, were f***en ridiculous!

Those calls were dubious to say the least.  Momentum killers indeed but not the reason we ultimately lost as our 2 turnovers that went for TD's were the primary culprits. 

Colts continue to start out slow out of the gates...this week they faced the best defense in the NFL so if they ever deserve somewhat of a pass on this trend...I will extend it to them for this week only.  lol 

Agree, but this problem occurs across the league. The pass interference penalty is becoming part of game plans. You can go deep and throw one up and fall down or some nonsense. It will get called. DT even winked!

12 minutes ago, James said:

I'm tired of him. Tired of his conservative approach. Tired of his inability to fix things (yeah we are injured right now, but what about the last couple YEARS?!). Tired of his hollow words. Tired of looking at his sad face on the sideline, especially his sad eyebrows and sad eyes. Wish Irsay would just terminate his contract on the spot.

LOL...tell us how you REALLY feel man.  This is on par with the Caldwell blank stare criticisms which preceded his exile from Indy.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Keep all Pagano-related complaints and grievances in this thread

Good luck with that. 

Maybe someone should also should start a Polly-anna Sunshine thread and ask posters to keep all uplifting comments there.  All pro Irsay, Front office and Pagano comments would be limited to that one. Any one who thinks we are going to the playoffs would also welcome to post there as well.  lol

Ridiculous...huh?

Serious question,  I'm going to post this in the Grigson thread as well.  I firmly believe that the leadership of this team is indifferent towards winning or lack the talent and skill to create or lead a great team.  I honestly do not know which it is and I think it is almost impossible to figure out.  I just feel that the team is headed in the wrong direction and therefore it is a leadership issue.  Regardless, why do you think Pagano is to blame, why not Grigson or why not only Grigson?

I'm also interested regarding your thoughts on Irsay, I'm aware there is nothing we can do to hold the owner accountable except to stop being fans of the team but do you feel he is indifferent towards winning? If not how do you explain the four year contract extension?

20 minutes ago, James said:

He a terrible coach and has no business being a head coach in this league. Thanks Irsay 

22 minutes ago, James said:

James, you are 100% accurate.  The coach's job is to prepare the team to win and to win games; no excuses.  Year after year Pagano has had excuses.  He and Grigson should be gone.  If it were truly an effectively run business (and it should be) they would have been.  Arians did a better job the year he came in for Pagano after a weak start.  Castonzo is over paid and is an average player at best.  Kelly is the first OL we have drafted that is worth his contract.  The defense is made up of league cast offs....Davis being the only keeper and he is a non-factor.  We keep players on the roster like Butler who is either hurt or getting burnt and will make a play once for every 10 times they get burnt ( and today he drops like the wuss he is after making a pick "should have been 6").   Should we really have kept Mathis and Walden and Adams......?  I am sure they are nice guys, but they get paid to produce and what have they done the past 2 games?  After 42 years as a Colts fan this year ranks as one of the most frustrating ........

This team, approach, coaching, and ownership is in a severe state of stagnation.

There is just no impetus, reason to believe, or excitement that this team can win it all and be a winner for an extended period of time.  I sense malaise and contentment.  

That is not good.

There is just no way that P and G should have been brought back last year.  Anyone could see that this team does not have what it takes to be an extended winner.  They won the previous 4 years because of a weak division and Luck comebacks.  

Did anyone ever get the sense that they are a really good team?

I sure didn't.

Whose call was it to have Reitz one on one with ALL world V Miller?! It's not like Reitz is all pro... I will take it a step further and say talent wise he's backup material at best. Despite everything the Colts STILL had a chance to drive for the game winner but ALLOWED Miller to close the game out with the blindside sack that caused the fumble that lead to the defensive closeout td. It's even more mind blowing when you consider the fact that Ware was out after being injured SO Miller should've been the focus PERIOD!!!!

6 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Thing is, I never had the sense that the Colts were going to win.

IF you someone offered me a bet at ANYTIME during the game that either the Broncos or Colts would win, I would have taken the Broncos every time.

When Butler pulled up lame on the potential pick six...i knew it wasn't going to be our night. 

21 minutes ago, CodeMaster said:

Serious question,  I'm going to post this in the Grigson thread as well.  I firmly believe that the leadership of this team is indifferent towards winning or lack the talent and skill to create or lead a great team.  I honestly do not know which it is and I think it is almost impossible to figure out.  I just feel that the team is headed in the wrong direction and therefore it is a leadership issue.  Regardless, why do you think Pagano is to blame, why not Grigson or why not only Grigson?

I'm also interested regarding your thoughts on Irsay, I'm aware there is nothing we can do to hold the owner accountable except to stop being fans of the team but do you feel he is indifferent towards winning? If not how do you explain the four year contract extension?

You can hold pretty much everyone accountable.  Pagano for seeming complacent, acting like its a struggle to win in the NFL after every game even after they get a W.  Grigson for the personnel, ect even Irsay and many of the players for seemingly not being able to perform basic fundamental football skills such as tackling.  Plenty of blame to go around.  The team has their work cut out for them, hopefully they can start to turn this around next week against a very difficult Chargers team lol. 

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Thoughts?

I was just saying this in a topic I made earlier in the week. Whether it's coaching or talent, the same issues continue to plague this team. Injuries played a part but we were dominated on the ground on both lines. The Colts offense will never be consistently explosive Untill they can run the ball and have a RB that scared opposing DC's. Can't go pass happy against a Dirty but talented secondary.