Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson complaints (merge)

danlhart87

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

NFL network guys went thru the Colts remaining schedule and came up with 4-12 even  with Andrew playing well.

Yeah and the NFL network had us going to the super bowl last year too. The NFL network, ESPN and any other so called experts don't know anymore than most of us right here in this forum.

There are way too many variables that determine the games outcome. The best teams don't always win and that is what makes the NFL so entertaining.

2 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Irsay made a huge mistake by bring both Pagano and Grigson back. This team needs a change or Luck will never win a ring.

I could only imagine what this team would look like under B.A.

I like coach Arians, I really do. But he lives and dies by the "long" ball. When that aspect gets neutralized, he seems to get flustered and forces it. Look what's been happening to the Cardinals, they were a pre-season darling. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I find it amusing that when the Colts lose it's because of Grigson and Pagano.

Now that they have won a game it's because of the Chargers bad play and their injuries.

They do have a lot of injuries but look at our injuries and nobody feels sorry for us. I know what you are saying. It seems like when we win and beat a Good QB it's because the opposing team has injuries, when we lose it's because Andrew isn't Peyton Manning and Pagano should be fired. - Eventhough we haven't had half our Defense all season and Moncrief was even out today but we still won! 

On 9/22/2016 at 5:19 AM, CoachLite said:

Quit complaining. It won't do any good. We are a small market team, and at 5 - 11, just get used to it. It's the best we can expect for the foreseeable future.

We might go 5-11,  but it's highly, HIGHLY unlikely.

I don't know why anyone who closely follows this team would think we'd go 5-11....

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know why anyone who closely follows this team would think we'd go 5-11....

I looks to me that we have the on-field talent (offense and defense) to do very well, but they are undisciplined, unprepared and under-perform. At the beginning of the season, I thought the team would go 9-7. After the first two games, even considering the injuries and suspensions, it seemed 5-11 was more like it.

More than just lack of O-line protection (IMO, a symptom, not the problem, but which is improving), this under-performance problem is starting to weigh on our most talented players. The first step in solving the problem is admitting you have a problem. Until that happens, 5 - 11 is a very real possibility to me.

This is a systemic problem that I attribute to poor head coaching more than anything else. This is somewhat surprising considering the new faces we brought in, but they aren't performing well either. We have developed a culture of under-performance - and that is frustrating for this fan.

4 hours ago, CoachLite said:

I looks to me that we have the on-field talent (offense and defense) to do very well, but they are undisciplined, unprepared and under-perform. At the beginning of the season, I thought the team would go 9-7. After the first two games, even considering the injuries and suspensions, it seemed 5-11 was more like it.

More than just lack of O-line protection (IMO, a symptom, not the problem, but which is improving), this under-performance problem is starting to weigh on our most talented players. The first step in solving the problem is admitting you have a problem. Until that happens, 5 - 11 is a very real possibility to me.

This is a systemic problem that I attribute to poor head coaching more than anything else. This is somewhat surprising considering the new faces we brought in, but they aren't performing well either. We have developed a culture of under-performance - and that is frustrating for this fan.

I think you and I are watching two different teams.

The Colts are absolutely not undisciplined,  unprepared or under-perform.

They're INJURED!!      Seriously injured.      Far more than most teams.     (By the way,  San Diego is also a badly injured team.)

Did you happen to notice the run defense got better?      What a coincidence?     Henry Anderson and Kendell Langford are back playing!       Hello?!     Clinton Geathers and TJ Green are back playing.     Oh, and so is Vonte Davis,  but he's still hurt and rusty.    

I said weeks ago when we got healthy we'd look much better and it happened yesterday.......

In 4-plus years,  I rarely think the Colts are badly coached.    Mostly I think we have serious personnel issues and serious injury problems.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you and I are watching two different teams.

The Colts are absolutely not undisciplined,  unprepared or under-perform.

They're INJURED!!      Seriously injured.      Far more than most teams.     (By the way,  San Diego is also a badly injured team.)

Did you happen to notice the run defense got better?      What a coincidence?     Henry Anderson and Kendell Langford are back playing!       Hello?!     Clinton Geathers and TJ Green are back playing.     Oh, and so is Vonte Davis,  but he's still hurt and rusty.    

I said weeks ago when we got healthy we'd look much better and it happened yesterday.......

In 4-plus years,  I rarely think the Colts are badly coached.    Mostly I think we have serious personnel issues and serious injury problems.

Let's just say we see things differently.

4 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Is that why they went three 11-5 seasons in a row? Is that why they had the top offense most of the year a couple of years ago?

You want to blame coaching for the losses but not the wins? I say that's being narrow minded.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Is that why they went three 11-5 seasons in a row? Is that why they had the top offense most of the year a couple of years ago?

You want to blame coaching for the losses but not the wins? I say that's being narrow minded.

Some people are never happy. We could win the next 5 games and some would still want Pagano and Grigs gone as soon as a loss happens. Then it would be their fault too LOL. We just won a tough hard fought game against a Good established QB so everyone in here should be happy.

12 hours ago, CoachLite said:

I think it's systemic and starts at the top with Irsay.  The coaching staff seems to make it worse in that Pagano seems to praise guys for doing just ok.  I've seen us win some really ugly games and Pagano celebrates and talks in the locker room like we had a dominating performance (the Raiders game from a few years ago comes to mind).

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think it's systemic and starts at the top with Irsay.  The coaching staff seems to make it worse in that Pagano seems to praise guys for doing just ok.  I've seen us win some really ugly games and Pagano celebrates and talks in the locker room like we had a dominating performance (the Raiders game from a few years ago comes to mind).

I think he is just happy we won so he does go overboard at times I agree.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he is just happy we won so he does go overboard at times I agree.

I understand being happy that you won, but when you barely scrape by a team and you have bad performances all over the place, should you really be yelling and screaming and pumping your fists and showing your players that kind of performance gets their coach excited?  If we dominate a team, then by all means, go nuts.  But when we barely beat a team and have lots of things we need to clean up, it doesn't make sense to me to celebrate.  To each their own and Pagano is free to react to wins however he wants, but I think the way he approaches it shows to players that mediocre play is acceptable.  It contributes to the culture we have of doing things just good enough

55 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

So what does Pagano being a rah rah guy have to do with his coaching? He also says it's not easy to win games in the NFL and he liked the Colts playing hard and not giving up. I understand what you are saying but him not acting like you expect him to act has zero to do with coaching IMO. His positive attitude is just who he is.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So what does Pagano being a rah rah guy have to do with his coaching? He also says it's not easy to win games in the NFL and he liked the Colts playing hard and not giving up. I understand what you are saying but him not acting like you expect him to act has zero to do with coaching IMO. His positive attitude is just who he is.

I wasn't saying his attitude affects his coaching, though one could easily make the claim that it does.  I'm saying his rah-rah, super positive when the team does poorly attitude contributes to the culture we have with our football team.  But this is the Grigson thread, not the Pagano thread.  So I don't want to derail it by focusing on this too much here

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I wasn't saying his attitude affects his coaching, though one could easily make the claim that it does.  I'm saying his rah-rah, super positive when the team does poorly attitude contributes to the culture we have with our football team.

What? I think you are over thinking this a little too much. Chuck is who he is and his players love him and IMO that is all that matters.

On 9/26/2016 at 0:38 AM, NewColtsFan said:

i could name 100 people who have followed this team for decades longer than you who believe exactly that. 

Luck might save them from a top 5 pick, but make no mistake, outside the QB, this is a bottom 5 roster. 

3 hours ago, #12. said:

i could name 100 people who have followed this team for decades longer than you who believe exactly that. 

Luck might save them from a top 5 pick, but make no mistake, outside the QB, this is a bottom 5 roster. 

I wouldn't care if you found 100,000 people who followed this team for decades more.     Following a team for a long time doesn't mean you understand football.

I've been making the argument that this isn't that great a roster....     but there is a modest amount of talent and if we play hard and smart we can win.....     it doesn't take much brains to realize that Luck is the difference maker.

I still think we won't go 5-11.        Could I be wrong?       Of course.     But I don't think this is a 5-11 team.