Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson complaints (merge)

danlhart87

9 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

All I know is Andrew Luck has been given the ball w/ a chance to win in almost every loss.  Grigson and Pagano are atrocious,  but the next John Elway aint playing like a top qb.  I'd really like to see more criticism from the nation media directed at Andrew Luck.  

luck has been one of the best QBs in the league this year, thats why hes not getting all of the criticism you expect

you dont ask your QB to win the game at the buzzer every week, you ask the defense to be able to hold onto a lead

as for the denver game, not many teams are going to score the TD there.  that defense would get after pretty much any online, like they did to the patriots and panthers last year

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

yeah all the colts did was ask the league to look into a possible cheating situation

they found things that were deemed worthy of further investigation

its funny how mad their fans are at us(including our fans), when their team were the ones breaking rules and not cooperating with the investigations

the east coast media has absolutely taken every chance it can to bash the colts since then

I can see the bias but I have been accused of just being jealous by bringing it up.

That is the attitude and answers from most Patriot fans that refuse to see or recognize that their team can do no wrong. Add that to the east coast bias that ESPN shows we have what we have.

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It seems your criticism is all your going to get. If Luck deserved criticism from the media he would get it.

I am sorry you cant see the big picture and understand the game of NFL football and the role a QB plays.

Your waffeling between "the media is out to get us" and "if luck deserved criticism the media would let us know" is A+. It's so nice to know the media isn't allowed to call out poor management without it being "biased" but since our QB isn't being called out, they are honest and credible. 

10/10 for mental gymnastics 

4 minutes ago, IndyTrav said:

Your waffeling between "the media is out to get us" and "if luck deserved criticism the media would let us know" is A+. It's so nice to know the media isn't allowed to call out poor management without it being "biased" but since our QB isn't being called out, they are honest and credible. 

10/10 for mental gymnastics 

Nobody is waffeling nothing.

The ESPN media has had a problem with the Colts and it started with Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser and has carried on since then.

Then have taken every opportunity to bash the Colts and the incident with the patriots just added to their bias.

Luck isn't called out because all the concentration is pointed at Irsay.

Luck hasn't done anything to be called out.

Some of you are acting like the biggest spoiled brats ever. I can see the sweat pouring off your faces as you search endlessly through time and space to find as many negative conversations and articles about Irsay, Pagano, and Grigson as humanly possible. And as soon as one guy post one then the rest of the Baby Bottle Mob comes behind with another tired article. It just gets immature after a while. And no NCF I'm not calling you out. I'm just talking in general about the behavior.

17 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

So everyone can see how terrible this guy is as a GM, except for Irsay and Grigson himself. If Luck wasn't such a class act, I wouldn't care if he demanded a trade. Grigson failed. Pagano failed. Jim Irsay sir, you're by far the dumbest Owner in the NFL.

Irsay Family record while in Indianapolis without Polian at the helm: 126-145, trending right on the number again.

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It may be Patriot country,  but the network is more New York than it is New England.

Bristol is 107 miles from NYC.      So?

Are there lots of ESPN employees who love to take in a Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics or Bruins game?     Sure, no question.      But as THEE giant world wide leader in sports and the sports world revolves around them, ESPN sees itself as part of the New York world,  not the world where Boston is.

I've been to ESPN,   I've been inside the walls....    New York is where they want to go to hang out,  not Boston.

By the way,  you're right.   Connecticut is technically considered part of New England.    Learn something ever day! 

Is there anything more to hash out here?

Yes, just one thing. I have no idea where you come up with the idea that Connecticut is technically considered a New England state. It is one of six states including Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. Those ARE the six New England states and there is nothing technical about it.

Even when you are wrong you have to add 'technically' to your comment?

Dude, you are a piece of work sometimes.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Some of you are acting like the biggest spoiled brats ever. I can see the sweat pouring off your faces as you search endlessly through time and space to find as many negative conversations and articles about Irsay, Pagano, and Grigson as humanly possible. And as soon as one guy post one then the rest of the Baby Bottle Mob comes behind with another tired article. It just gets immature after a while. And no NCF I'm not calling you out. I'm just talking in general about the behavior.

^This^  Thank you for saying it krunk. I would have liked to say it but then I get accused of defending or being a homer and attacked like I do something wrong.

On 10/21/2016 at 7:04 PM, Derakynn said:

If article is based on an out-of-context quote, then I applaud the media for once again proving their stupidity and the death of true journalism. There are plenty of ways you can argue that Grigson has not done a good job without being an *. But nice job, broadcast your ignorance for all to see. 

Whether it was taken out of context or not, it still was a stupid thing to say. 

20 hours ago, IndyTrav said:

I completely disagree with this. Luck was awesome his rookie year. Not a single doubt about that. But so was RG3. They put up near identical #s, with RG3 having much less TOs, and also making the playoffs in a harder division. Combine that with RGs "highlights" it's a no brainer he won RoY....that being said Luck was always going to be the better QB, and I imagine everyone was still taking him as the franchise QB over rg3, even that year, but RG deserved that award. 

He (RGIII) had a playoff team him including the Colts best young receiver (Garcon).  Luck had a 2-14 team to work with and 3 other good rookies.  The accomplishment by Luck was dramatically more impressive.  He lost his head coach for half the season on top of it.  And the INT's were because he was getting pounded AND they were behind and he was bringing them back into games and throwing the long ball.  Griffin ran and dinked and dunked.   And he got injured.  And he sucks and was exposed for the overhyped, selfish player he always was.  RGIII took a solid playoff team and drove it in the ground and got his entire team into turmoil which crashed and burned.  

33 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

He (RGIII) had a playoff team him including the Colts best young receiver (Garcon).  Luck had a 2-14 team to work with and 3 other good rookies.  The accomplishment by Luck was dramatically more impressive.  He lost his head coach for half the season on top of it.  And the INT's were because he was getting pounded AND they were behind and he was bringing them back into games and throwing the long ball.  Griffin ran and dinked and dunked.   And he got injured.  And he sucks and was exposed for the overhyped, selfish player he always was.  RGIII took a solid playoff team and drove it in the ground and got his entire team into turmoil which crashed and burned.  

They were 5-11 the previous year, so no they weren't a playoff team....we didn't know this at the time but it sure looks like Luck having Arians as HC was a much larger positive than we knew considering he's probably a Top 5 NFL HC....you can claim RG dumped off all you want, but the guy led the league in yards per attempt....even the raw numbers are near identical 4629yds/28td/28TOs for Luck, and 4035/27/17 for RG....add in the fact RG had some pretty exciting moments it's no wonder he was RoY.....heck if I remember correctly Luck didn't even finish 2nd, Russell Wilson did.....

RGs career after his rookie year speaks for itself. There's no arguing against it. But to pretend he was anything but incredible his rookie year is dishonest. 

2 hours ago, IndyTrav said:

They were 5-11 the previous year, so no they weren't a playoff team....we didn't know this at the time but it sure looks like Luck having Arians as HC was a much larger positive than we knew considering he's probably a Top 5 NFL HC....you can claim RG dumped off all you want, but the guy led the league in yards per attempt....even the raw numbers are near identical 4629yds/28td/28TOs for Luck, and 4035/27/17 for RG....add in the fact RG had some pretty exciting moments it's no wonder he was RoY.....heck if I remember correctly Luck didn't even finish 2nd, Russell Wilson did.....

RGs career after his rookie year speaks for itself. There's no arguing against it. But to pretend he was anything but incredible his rookie year is dishonest. 

He was a great athlete pretending to be a quarterback.

And that didn't last in the NFL.

On 2016-10-21 at 4:41 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Three o'clock on the west coach,  6p where most of you are.

The story has been up for more than 7 hours,  but I don't know how much of that it's been the lead story.

In a nutshell,  it tears Grigson apart.     And it crushes him for his comment about Luck's contract being a reason why we haven't built a good defense yet.

I think a number of conclusions reached are unfair to Grigson.    I think some of the argument lack a broader understanding of the Colts and what we've been trying to do.

That said......   the mess that we have looks even worse from the outside looking in to those who do't fully understand us......

And stories like this simply aren't helpful.      And this story was born out of Grigson's quote about Luck's contract.

I said it then that the comment was not only not helpful,  but would hurt the Colts.      High profile stories like this do not help the organization.    Just like stories last year that Grigson and Pagano weren't getting along did not help things.      And Grigson brought this on himself with his comment.

Here's the story....

http://www.espn.com

Merged with the Grigson complains thread, as this thread is about an article bashing Grigson

Simple. GM's job is to put talent on the field. Drafting, free agency, trades, undrafted free agents- recognize talent and get it on our roster. He has done a poor job of loading our roster with talent.  Our talent has been steadily declining for the last several years and has taken a nosedive this year. What Irsay saw in him to give him a new contract I will never understand.  

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

lmao your right I'm overreacting 

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Just need time to gel. We'll get it right this decade.

True, I mean we will watch film, stick with the program, chop wood, have grit, draft WR's in the first round, have no talent on the OL, sign old overpriced free agents, trade draft picks for useless players, not develop a pass rush and everything will be just fine...eventually...right :wall::explode:

3 minutes ago, OHColtfan said:

True, I mean we will watch film, stick with the program, chop wood, have grit, draft WR's in the first round, have no talent on the OL, sign old overpriced free agents, trade draft picks for useless players, not develop a pass rush and everything will be just fine...eventually...right :wall::explode:

Ryan is that you???? lmao

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Build the monster though, right?

It reminds me of INDOT (Indiana Department of Transportation).  They have a major project in the works, it ends up taking them 3-4 years, sometimes they run out of funding.  In the end you get a bunch of cones, and partially deconstructed roadways for ages with really bad congested traffic, but they assure you they're still working on it haha .

If Grigson is allowed to continue to control this team we will keep this topic going for the next 4 years.  He makes way to many blunders to offset the few good picks and free agent signings. Yes I know he has Pagano as a head coach but the but we only have a hand full of good players.  He had 5 years to build this team before Andrew's contract and blew it.  How does Irsay think he can do it now.  Guess what Jim.  Ryan can't do it PERIOD.

1 hour ago, AlanNC said:

If Grigson is allowed to continue to control this team we will keep this topic going for the next 4 years.  He makes way to many blunders to offset the few good picks and free agent signings. Yes I know he has Pagano as a head coach but the but we only have a hand full of good players.  He had 5 years to build this team before Andrew's contract and blew it.  How does Irsay think he can do it now.  Guess what Jim.  Ryan can't do it PERIOD.

Irsay is part of the problem.  He's fostered this rah-rah, overly friendly, low expectation culture.  Pagano would never have lasted this long under Belichick the GM.  Look at all the good teams around the league and ask yourself if the things the Colts are doing would fly in those places.  Would a washed up Andre Johnson have been continually rolled out as a starter in New England?  Or an injured Reggie Wayne in Denver?  Or an ineffective Trent Richardson in Seattle? 

if we have to depend on draft picks to fix this team luck will be an old qb before they develop. most draft picks take a few years to get good. luck does not have time for that. we need a new gm who can judge talent and fix this team with trades, free agents and draft picks , before luck gets old.. I for one don't want to see grigs pick anymore talent or coaches for this team.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember......

Peyton Manning won his Super Bowl in his 9th season.

Luck is currently in his 5th.     

That is four more drafts and four more free agency periods to acquire talent.

Just saying......

Right. However, we also, evidently, need a GM that can actually acquire that necessary talent and a coach that can actually coach up that talent and somehow miraculously learn competent game management capabilities in that four years as well.

And I've seen enough this past five years to have my doubts about that if things stay the way they are.

Until we fix those two aspects, I think the rest is pretty much moot.

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember......

Peyton Manning won his Super Bowl in his 9th season.

Luck is currently in his 5th.     

That is four more drafts and four more free agency periods to acquire talent.

Just saying......

Peyton had Polian, who had built Super Bowl contenders in Buffalo and Carolina before Indy.

Luck has Grigson, who has used first round picks on Bjoern Werner and Trent Richardson

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Peyton had Polian, who had built Super Bowl contenders in Buffalo and Carolina before Indy.

Luck has Grigson, who has used first round picks on Bjoern Werner and Trent Richardson

I'm not comparing the two.    I've never compared them.     That's unfair to both.

BUT..........

If you're going to argue that it took Bill Polian,  a first ballot Hall of Famer 9 seasons to build a Super Bowl team,  then perhaps that should be remembered when people here are crushing Ryan Grigson.

All I'm saying is that this whole football job-thing.....     is HARD! 

I was ready to move on from Grigson in January.     I said then too many misses in the draft,  too many misses in free agency.      At some point all that adds up,  and that why we are where we are right now.

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not comparing the two.    I've never compared them.     That's unfair to both.

BUT..........

If you're going to argue that it took Bill Polian,  a first ballot Hall of Famer 9 seasons to build a Super Bowl team,  then perhaps that should be remembered when people here are crushing Ryan Grigson.

All I'm saying is that this whole football job-thing.....     is HARD! 

I was ready to move on from Grigson in January.     I said then too many misses in the draft,  too many misses in free agency.      At some point all that adds up,  and that why we are where we are right now.

At least those Indy teams were still competitive.  In 1999, the Colts went 13-3.  No Colts team in the Pagano/Grigson era has been able to eclipse 11 wins.