Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players ruled out

snkdy

26 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

But we all know that Pagano is the only coach in history to make an error in judgment.

Didn't say that and would not ever suggest it.  But even you, the homerist of homers, would have to admit that his game management skills need some work.  You would admit that right?

3 hours ago, snkdy said:
Hopefully Geathers and Butler can play.

Denver report

Ferentz, James C Knee FP FP FP -
Fowler, Bennie WR Elbow DNP DNP DNP Out
Heuerman, Jeff TE Ankle LP FP FP -
Sambrailo, Ty OL Elbow FP LP LP Questionable
Thomas, Demaryius WR Hip LP LP LP Questionable
Ware, DeMarcus OLB Back FP FP FP -
Winn, Billy DE Back FP FP FP -
Wolfe, Derek DE Neck - LP LP Questionable

24 minutes ago, IinD said:

Nfl network says Wolfe is definitely a go for Sunday. Given a day off because of the neck strain.

he didnt play with any push last week with that strain that he aggravated Vs Panthers after missing significant time with it 2 or 3 years back 

Wed was only day he was held from practice to give it a rest

3 hours ago, dew5150 said:

If we can have Cromartie and Butler at CB along with Adams and Geathers at Safety, we'll be good to go.

Having four defensive backs right now isn't the problem.

The problem is what happens when we need 5 DB's...?      Or six?      Or even seven?

That's when things come apart for the Colts.......

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Having four defensive backs right now isn't the problem.

The problem is what happens when we need 5 DB's...?      Or six?      Or even seven?

That's when things come apart for the Colts.......

If they're smart they'll just spread us out and throw. Plus you know for sure one or two will go down during the game.

I'm just hoping we'll tackle better at a minimum.

Here's to no more injuries...please.

4 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

1. Trent Cole did not practice on Friday. Believe he didn’t practice all week. Will be a definite game-time decision.

1. If Trent Cole can't go this week, should mean more snaps for Akeem Ayers and undrafted Curt Maggitt.

I'd be fine with Maggit getting some more playing time. No offense to Cole, but he ain't what he once was even when healthy. Want to see some Ayers too.

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

After your feeble attempt at an insult, no.

Is this still about the timeout? What happens if we run the clock down take a sack or holding penalty ended up running out of time? Pagano's fault I'm sure. We didn't need a fg needed 6. You try to help the D sure but the number 1 priority is scoring. I have a bigger problem with the D laying back in a shell giving chunks of yards like Det needed a TD. I know we had injuries but you have to bring it at some point We gave them the fg. What happened to Monachiro attacking? 

Everyone plays but Cole? Cole is no loss. 

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Is this still about the timeout? What happens if we run the clock down take a sack or holding penalty ended up running out of time? Pagano's fault I'm sure. We didn't need a fg needed 6. You try to help the D sure but the number 1 priority is scoring. I have a bigger problem with the D laying back in a shell giving chunks of yards like Det needed a TD. I know we had injuries but you have to bring it at some point We gave them the fg. What happened to Monachiro attacking? 

Everyone plays but Cole? Cole is no loss. 

I don't know ak, he seems to have a problem with different opinions. 

I know when we lose it brings out all the frustration and some pretty wild things can be said. It just magnifies every play. Had we held on to win it would have been a completely different thread.

6 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

If butler is starting at outside CB, expect a long day

I honestly don't think it matters if we can't stop the running game.  They may rush 85 times and throw 15.  Siemian also shows some escape ability so he and Anderson could gash us pretty badly.  DLine has to come up huge this week.

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I honestly don't think it matters if we can't stop the running game.  They may rush 85 times and throw 15.  Siemian also shows some escape ability so he and Anderson could gash us pretty badly.  DLine has to come up huge this week.

Exactly. I truly believe if we don't shut down the run early and often then we are going to be in for a long day. After teams doing film study watch how we struggled with the Lions on tape expect the next few teams we play to test us significantly on the ground game and short passes to RBs out of the backfield.

22 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

Exactly. I truly believe if we don't shut down the run early and often then we are going to be in for a long day. After teams doing film study watch how we struggled with the Lions on tape expect the next few teams we play to test us significantly on the ground game and short passes to RBs out of the backfield.

Monachino definitely has to figure it out even shorthanded. Teams will 'Brady' us and dink and dunk us to death.

The thing that killed us is guys were just lunging and guessing on D also . Seasons far from over, but they have to figure it out quick on D somehow.

9 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

but, It does matter if we do stop the running game, lol.

That's the problem, it's kinda like damned if you do damned if you don't.

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

but, It does matter if we do stop the running game, lol.

That's the problem, it's kinda like damned if you do damned if you don't.

Oh, no doubt you are correct on that point, haha.  I just hope that they have a brain fart and don't figure that out until we're up a couple of TD's.

I don't really see that happening, but hey, a guy can always hope, right??