Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams reported to be extending Jeff Fishers contract...? say what?

BertJones

Really....this guy???/

http://www.thephinsider.com/2016/9/15/12921784/fisher-surpasses-shula-for-career-losses

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/13/jeff-fisher-climbs-the-career-coaching-losses-list/

Honestly...by the time that team moves into their new stadium he will likely be the most losing coach in NFL history....and even if they get good enough to make the playoffs some day do you want that guy to be the one that coaches them with it all on the line?

Yet all the while minority coaches are on the decline....can't even get an interview barely. I believe in second chances and all but this guy....man....proof positive that Stan Kroenke is just about appearances and money. He knows if he got a team to LA with a coach with LA -ties and a big new stadium he could sell them for a bijilion dollars and make a bunch of money. I would feel sad for the LA Ram fans but hey...they got a team...we had to put up with Robert Irsay for a bit to get one....so eventually maybe things will turn around for them. Jeff Fisher.....the coach that has inspired more late season runs to go 8-8 then any in history!!

I legitimately thought the only reason why they hired him is because he has experience in relocating franchises (Houston to Tennessee), so I thought the Rams just wanted his experience to help make the transition smooth.  But if he's getting an extension.....I don't know.  Decisions like that make me think I could actually do a decent job as an NFL GM...

17 hours ago, BertJones said:

Pagano will be fine

I'm not sure what you are basing that off of.    He's not a good clock manager.  He doesn't do well with game time decisions.    He's like a Marvin Lewis clone.   But hey, the players love him.