Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could bring back one former colt to the current colts roster, who would it be ?

digroute88

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

Freeney wouldn't fit the scheme, just like last time, he's a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 OLB.

+1 more for Bob Sanders

He fits the scheme just fine, He had  8 sacks in Arizona doing the exact same thing he did here in 2012. He was not healthy his last year as a Colt

Adam Meadows or Ryan Diem.  Lock down the right side of the line with either of those two at RT.  I like Reitz but he is not at their level.

Defensively, there are a lot of great choices But with the Colts current needs it would have to be:

Dwight Freeney

Rob Morris - He would have thrived playing the ILB role in this D.

Marlin Jackson - He didn't have elite speed but he had the size, agility and acceleration to do well in a man cover scheme.

o- John Mackey....  him and DA would rule the world. 

d- Gino Marchetti... I like this quote about him in wikipedia "Marchetti's stellar play led to his being called by Sid Gillman, the Los Angeles Rams head coach, "(T)he greatest player in football. It's a waste of time to run around this guy's end. It's a lost play. You don't bother to try it."

Well I'll take one for each side of the ball...Glenn would get a hard look since we have struggled up front so much but I'd still have to take Faulk on offense because of how important the passing game has become and he is more of a dual threat guy. Edge was close but Faulk was legendary and since Dickerson's prime was in LA although he had some good time here I still think Faulk would do more for Luck. I could say we take Peyton and then imagine the trade offers we would get for AL.....like first rd picks for like the next 5 years....and throw in some seconds....could build a whole new team.....but that doesn't seem to be the spirit of the question.

On defense I would go with Dwight....we could use some better LBs still too...and of course Sanders would be legit...but now that they are testing for HGH I'm not sure he would stay on the field (just my opinion I've got no facts to back it). We could field a whole team of former guys on this defense....probably as they are now lol and still be better than what we saw last week. I've got hope we turn things around when we get healthy...I was happy when we brought in these new coaches to help the staff but man...Week 1 wasn't pretty.