RockThatBlue

College Basketball 2016-2017 thread

323 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

You could throw UK in there too....I mean they have the top recruiting class year in and year out....although at least Cal gets them there every few years.....but honestly they have like 1/2 of the NBA All-stars have played for them...they should be in the Final Four every year...he just needs a couple seniors to pair them with....they should be that good...no excuse not to be there. I mean if you had an NBA team full of Kentucky players (I refuse to say Alum because I doubt any have a degree) they would win the NBA championship hands down. Who did Kansas have on their roster...Josh Jackson and an undersized Mason...they had no size at all...even smaller than UK.

Very true but Kentucky usually has all freshman and Anthony Davis did win won 5 years ago.  I do see what you mean though. I'll say Kentucky has developed much better pro basketball players. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Northern Iowa too!! They do get upset often....the name on the front of the uniform only matters to the selection committee...once that ball gets tossed up it won't count for squat. It isn't who your talking about going into the game its who your talking about when your leaving the game. Kansas just doesn't seem to have that mental toughness that some other teams have....I think it comes from the coach down. While Kentucky fans have that same mentality I do give coach Cal credit he always has his team playing super hard from tip to final buzzer...something I don't think Kansas does....they coast way too often. I'd hate to be a Kansas fan....gotta be tough because you don't even feel comfortable with a 1-16 matchup.

I completely agree.  I remember the Northern Iowa upset too.  That's when the Morris twins were at Kansas.  They make the tourney every year but always seem to get beat.  I told people the same thing this year but everyone though since they steam rolled through the first 3 rounds that they'd win it all. 

On 3/26/2017 at 5:51 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

Try living near Bloomington

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/news/death-threats-to-a-ref-the-lunatics-are-threatening-to-overtake-kentuckys-fan-base-153826406.html

yeah these are the fans that live near me. I know every fan base has them but have you ever gone on to any UK fan sites? This stuff pales in comparison to what they say on there. It makes the patriot fans look normal.