RockThatBlue

College Basketball 2016-2017 thread

291 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone else saw it, but Northwestern kind of got a screw job at the end of their game. 

They still may have lost anyway, but that missed goaltending call was just terrible. It would've been a 2 point game IIRC.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't know if anyone else saw it, but Northwestern kind of got a screw job at the end of their game. 

They still may have lost anyway, but that missed goaltending call was just terrible. It would've been a 2 point game IIRC.

Missed it

Villanova out, Louisville out! What a crazy tourney! I had UCLA winning it all but this is a crapshoot. Michigan is playing like a team on a mission so far.

1 person likes this

Man, I have Zona and Duke in one final four, NC and Louisville in another. I did think about Michigan and UCLA in the final four after listening to Dan Dakich but his son plays for Michigan, so I thought that was a biased prediction on his part. Maybe that is how it will play out. If Purdue and Michigan meet up in the elite 8, that would be a crazy repeat of their Big Ten tourney clash.

Arizona is my champ in my work bracket. We will see how things go. :) 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Man, I have Zona and Duke in one final four, NC and Louisville in another. I did think about Michigan and UCLA in the final four after listening to Dan Dakich but his son plays for Michigan, so I thought that was a biased prediction on his part. Maybe that is how it will play out. If Purdue and Michigan meet up in the elite 8, that would be a crazy repeat of their Big Ten tourney clash.

Arizona is my champ in my work bracket. We will see how things go. :) 

I couldn't decide between UCLA or Arizona for my champ. I love both. I have UCLA winning it but Arizona would be my 2nd choice.

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I did not think the game would be close. They were being blown out; so I turned the TV off. Sorry I missed the end.

Congrats to the Northwestern Wildcats. Their first time in the tourney and they represented themselves well.

I am doing well since I pick the Wisconsin win over Nova and the Michigan win over Louisville

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am doing well since I pick the Wisconsin win over Nova and the Michigan win over Louisville

I also had Michigan winning lmao but I had Nova beating Wisconsin :Cry:

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I also had Michigan winning lmao but I had Nova beating Wisconsin :Cry:

With a Trice on the team I knew the Badgers would do it

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kentucky up by 7 now. They got this!

I hope

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn I went to get a beer and it's a 1 point game. WTH?

Everything Will Be Okay 

That was tough but ol KY came through. My Uncle will be calling me soon lmao 

1 person likes this

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was tough but ol KY came through. My Uncle will be calling me soon lmao 

My parents will be doing the same

1 person likes this

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Now time to focus on ND

Why Connecticut has won 100 games in a row, that is a foregone conclusion who will win it all. I cant even get into womens Basketball because they beat everyone by 50 points

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why Connecticut has won 100 games in a row, that is a foregone conclusion who will win it all. I cant even get into womens Basketball because they beat everyone by 50 points

A former student of mine is on the ND team

1 person likes this

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

A former student of mine is on the ND team

I wish the team the best. I would love to see someone beat Connecticut but they never lose.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wish the team the best. I would love to see someone beat Connecticut but they never lose.

It will happen

ND will not face UConn until the NC game

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It will happen

ND will not face UConn until the NC game

That would be awesome, I wonder if Mike Golic will bet Rebecca Lobo again? She just picks on him over and over.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I couldn't decide between UCLA or Arizona for my champ. I love both. I have UCLA winning it but Arizona would be my 2nd choice.

My dad has UCLA over Arizona in the finals. And he isn't that bad at this, he sometimes picks the darkhorses right. Not many years back when UConn won it all he is the only one I know who picked them.

Two years ago I was right with Duke winning it all. I just had a hunch on Duke that year since everyone was nuts on Kentucky.

Last year, we both had the epic madness of picking Michigan St. who went one and done. lmao 

This year? I picked the Kansas Jayhawks over Gonzaga in the finals. Why? No idea. I think we live in Oz anyway now so might as well go with Kansas. lmao  Also, Kansas to me is a team very very due to go far again.......gonna click my red heels and make it happen.

I will probably be wrong since I was haunted that I should pick Duke again and almost did. But, picking Duke every other year is NOT fun. I was counting on Villanova to pave the way to knock out Duke but now that looks over. 

I read Duke is the Vegas favorite and always has been. I love Coach K, but I don't really "LIKE" Duke.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I saw it, what a bunch of crap....and their coach gets a technical for arguing an OBVIOUS no-call!!!!!! I guess the NCAA issued an apology immediately after the game, bad deal for NW......hey who knows, could have swung momentum if they would have gotten that call.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I saw it, what a bunch of crap....and their coach gets a technical for arguing an OBVIOUS no-call!!!!!! I guess the NCAA issued an apology immediately after the game, bad deal for NW......hey who knows, could have swung momentum if they would have gotten that call.

ESPN is reporting that the Refs made mistakes in The Game

11 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

My guess Kansas don't give MS much of a chance.

You called it!! Gonna be a tough one next Thursday, practically a home game for Kansas with it being in Kansas City, and Kansas looked very good today!

BOILER UP!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Go Lady Irish Go

No, No, Go Lady Boilers Go!!!!! lol

:peek:

Won't get my hopes up but Duke is down right now........