RockThatBlue

College Basketball 2016-2017 thread

322 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Number 4 Oregon loses by 15.

A lot of top ranked teams losing early. I cant wait for the Duke/Kansas game and then KY/Michigan St. Nice double header. Just grabbed a beer and ready to watch. Indiana beating Kansas surprised me.

Kentucky up 43-31. Michigan St doesn't look good at all. Serves them right for screwing my bracket up last season LOL. That Monk kid can shoot, he has 5 3's already.

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kentucky up 43-31. Michigan St doesn't look good at all. Serves them right for screwing my bracket up last season LOL. That Monk kid can shoot, he has 5 3's already.

Our defense played a really nice game. Pretty much shut Bridges down (who is going to be really good)

And yeah Monk was lighting it up. 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The refs have came in to save the day for Duke. 

But they failed :) Thank you Kansas. 

1 person likes this

Great Week of College Basketball for PrincetonTiger

Southern Indiana beat Ohio River Rival Kentucky Wesleyan

Kentucky keeps winning

Jackie Young is having a great start to her Notre Dame Career

Tonight's game Louisiana-Lafayette and Notre Dame was played in 2 Arenas due to a power outage

9 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Well that IU game was a bit surprising... Don't think anyone saw that coming.

Aununoby means a whole lot more to this team than words can describe.  I was ticked the announcers mentioned nothing about him...supposedly flu-like symptoms.  He looked out of it when he was in...

Defense was porous....offense was bad due to Bryant playing at the 3 point line.  IUPUIFW has some good talent.  They will be in the NCAA tournament IMO.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Tonight's game Louisiana-Lafayette and Notre Dame was played in 2 Arenas due to a power outage

ND and NW?  

24 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

ND and NW?  

The game started at the Campbell Center in Houston but the end of the 1st Half and the entire 2nd Half on the Rice Campus

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The game started at the Campbell Center in Houston but the end of the 1st Half and the entire 2nd Half on the Rice 

Interesting.  I switched back and I thought it was a new game.  HA!  Now I know!!

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How did IU lose to Fort Wayne? I didn't even watch the game but seen the score late last night.

Good question

I was listening to the Princeton Wood Memorial game and following the marathon game between ND and LL

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How did IU lose to Fort Wayne? I didn't even watch the game but seen the score late last night.

In a nutshell...above 2006.

51 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Aununoby means a whole lot more to this team than words can describe.  I was ticked the announcers mentioned nothing about him...supposedly flu-like symptoms.  He looked out of it when he was in...

Defense was porous....offense was bad due to Bryant playing at the 3 point line.  IUPUIFW has some good talent.  They will be in the NCAA tournament IMO.

That would explain it.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That would explain it.

Defense was p-poor until we went to a zone.....too late.

3 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Yup. Props to IPFW. They played a good game. Probably caught IU a bit by surprise, thats why games like that can be dangerous.

1 person likes this

The UK UNC game was one of the best baskeyball games I've ever watched. Malik Monk is truly special.

UCLA has a heck of a team too. 

Looks like Butler may take down Villanova! Impressive! Still a little time left.

Butler took down Villanova! IU struggling lately though

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Butler took down Villanova! IU struggling lately though

That was a heck of a win. Butler looks for real.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

That was a heck of a win. Butler looks for real.

Shows that if any team does not bring there A game that any team can be beat if the other team plays to there A game. Does not matter if they have a #1 next to there name or not

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Shows that if any team does not bring there A game that any team can be beat if the other team plays to there A game. Does not matter if they have a #1 next to there name or not

Yup, I wonder what is up with IU. Losing 3 in a row is not good, especially when 2 of those were at home.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yup, I wonder what is up with IU. Losing 3 in a row is not good, especially when 2 of those were at home.

I cant really say whats going on with them. I have not watched every one of there games but seems its a defense problem

1 person likes this

Nice job Butler!   What an amazing run the past 10 years.   Only one bad season (the year Stephens left). 

Good win for Purdue last night at Ohio State.    I pull for Purdue and usually root against IU.  

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Tough Loss by IU

They really miss Yogi IMO.

Headed to the IU/Rutgers game Sunday with the Hubby and some neighbors.  Going to be in the new Spirit of 76 Club suite thanks to my wonderful boss and her hubby!  Should be a good time.  I hope IU comes to play!

1 person likes this