Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Lions Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

21 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

that didnt cost us the game.  they were in field goal range with time to spare.  that time out really didnt matter

It absolutely did matter. They dont get 5 plays off if theres only 15 seconds on the clock. Even if everything played out as it did just with less time, they're kicking a 55+ yard FG. The other issue is that the Colts didnt use the best kicker in the league to pooch it down inside the 15 on that kickoff. No reason to take the touchback when you're kicking from the 50. 

Really bad coaching down the stretch. Really bad.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I say we trade whatever it takes to move up for Myles Garrett. I cant stand this crap man. We have to bring in some superstar players on defense. Throw some money at some big time players this offseason. If they're not tagged and we bring in Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Stephon Gilmore, and Myles Garrett on defense....We wont be suffering through this kinda crap anymore. And get rid of bums like Cole, DQ, Jones probably, Butler, etc.

Cole had our only sack today....... 

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Smith didn't get that much. We could have mad it work. I mean all offseason everyone knew we needed a couple freak EDGE rushers and a CB to pair with Davis. What do we do???? Sign Robinson who's a solid number 3.nickle, but a great team needs a better number 2 corner. Then we literally did NOTHING to fix the pass rush.

We gave Robinson a 3yr/13.5m deal, while Smith got 4yr/38m & Jenkins got 5yr/62.5m. Those are both way out of our budget and would've made it tough to fill holes are injuries pop up. I agree with the pass rush. I was hoping to get a talented EDGE rusher in the draft, but I think Maggit and some of the other rookies could develop into very good players.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

We gave Robinson a 3yr/13.5m deal, while Smith got 4yr/38m & Jenkins got 5yr/62.5m. Those are both way out of our budget and would've made it tough to fill holes are injuries pop up. I agree with the pass rush. I was hoping to get a talented EDGE rusher in the draft, but I think Maggit and some of the other rookies could develop into very good players.

We'll have plenty to spend this coming offseason. Even if Maggitt has a promising rookie year we need to bring in one of Chandler Jones or Melvin Ingram, and draft a OLB early as well. Or sign Demarcus Ware to go along with Jones/Ingram. Chandler Jones and a 1st round EDGE rusher to go along with Mathis, and maybe Maggitt would take care of the issue. I would literally draft like 3 EDGE rushers in the first 5 rounds next year.

4 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

We'll have plenty to spend this coming offseason. Even if Maggitt has a promising rookie year we need to bring in one of Chandler Jones or Melvin Ingram, and draft a OLB early as well. Or sign Demarcus Ware to go along with Jones/Ingram. Chandler Jones and a 1st round EDGE rusher to go along with Mathis, and maybe Maggitt would take care of the issue. I would literally draft like 3 EDGE rushers in the first 5 rounds next year.

I doubt we'd be able to afford either of them, let alone both of them (if their respective teams even let them test the waters). Ware is old and would want more money than he's currently receiving, based on his past few year in Denver vs his last few in Dallas, if he even wants to leave Denver. Pass rushers are best acquired via the draft and I don't disagree that 2-3 in the first 5 rds would help.

Someone has to get pressure up the middle of our defense. We also need to create turnovers. You can only coach so much. I'll say it again that it's up to the players. As guys return our defense will get better. I'm not upset about the results of this game.