Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Lions Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Terrible clock management in the last offensive possession.  Why did they call any timeouts when they had the ball on the 13 yard line?  They should have milked the clock as much as possible since they had 4-5 plays left to either win very late or lose on downs anyway.  Those timeouts gave the Lions the ball with 3 timeouts at the 25 yard line.

Additionally, poor coaching on the kickoff. After the personal foul call the kickoff occurred at midfield. Why not pop it up high or Squibb it inside the 10 and try to pin them deep rather than kick it out of the end zone with no clock impact?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did this team keep Pagano, Grigson, and this terrible defense around? They can't even tackle a tackling sled. Fire them all and get some guys from the stands. They cannot possibly be worse.

I get that Pagano had leukemia and all, but he never has the team ready to play and was brought in to fix the defense. Andrew Luck shouldn't have to waste his career trying to carry such a cruddy * defense. Hell just let Luck play elsewhere so he can actually win something.

2 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

i wonder if my pill supplier is busy

4 minutes ago, jlid said:

As soon as we called that timeout, I said to everyone in the room that just lost us the game even if we score.  Too easy to see the future with this D

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

didnt matter

Didn't matter? It cost us the game., but I'm sure Chuck agrees with you.

What's sad is I bet the Lions will finish under 500 this season! They suck our defense just sucks a lot worse! 

I may get bashed for this and no I don't think the sky is falling it's just NFL football. But this organization is wasting the talent of Luck and this first game of the season is a prime example! 

Sickening. Just plain sickening man. Total B_S. This is why we're stupid for not bringing in playmakers on defense. First of all the secondary. I mean. What the __??? A couple beast EDGE rushers could have ended the game when Detroit got it back with 46 freaking seconds left on the clock. And we need another STUD cornerback. Cromartie is crap. He gave up that big gain to Jones that got them into good FG range. Playtime has to be over. Our offense is going to be really good, and we can score a lot of points, but we gotta go into the offseason with guns blazing Oakland and Jacksonville style. Bring in 3-4 big time playmakers. Chandler Jones, Demarcus Ware, and Stephon Gilmore to go along with a sexy defensive draft would do the trick. Heck I would sign Greg Hardy tomorrow morning. He can put up sacks. If we want to have a better defense on field production needs to come first. Man I'm so PO'd I wanna take a baseball bat to the TV and lamp. SICKENING!!!!!!! And its as simple as this. If Grigson had of brought in 3-4 big time defensive free agents, and a couple via the draft over the last few years we would have beaten Detroit down today.

6 minutes ago, MOB said:

Can I cut EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on the defensive side of the ball? Is that possible?

1. Sio Moore was an animal out there today.

2. We had recently signed UDFA's playing #2 CB and FS at one point.

3. Our best defensive players are still injured (Davis & Anderson), who are game changers.

4. Riddick and Abdullah are very talented backs that insanely elusive.

Its amazing how nuclear people go week after week, win or lose. Its Week 1. We saw some awesome things from our offense, and some positives on defense in most of the 2nd half.

R-E-L-A-X

6 minutes ago, Chris Dmytrow said:

Why did this team keep Pagano, Grigson, and this terrible defense around? They can't even tackle a tackling sled. Fire them all and get some guys from the stands. They cannot possibly be worse.

I get that Pagano had leukemia and all, but he never has the team ready to play and was brought in to fix the defense. Andrew Luck shouldn't have to waste his career trying to carry such a cruddy * defense. Hell just let Luck play elsewhere so he can actually win something.

Don't worry, he'll clean it up in his post game speech by talking about how much grit the team has and also how incredibly impossible it is to win in the NFL.  They will be ready by next week when they face Denver, ready to give up another 40 points.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

3. Our best defensive players are still injured (Davis & Anderson), who are game changers.

Sio was very good, and yes we have 2 really good players out, but still. If we had brought in better players in FA, then we would probably have won. We should have signed one of Sean Smith or Janoris Jenkins. We're actually stupid for not going all in on one of those 2.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

There were bright spots, but did NO ONE learn how to tackle in high school? College? on that field today? It's no wonder Detroit one because no one could get their hands on their RB's. It's funny, because every RB we have to play against the same thing happens each time: We make them look like All-Pros. 

I PRAY that we can actually do something against Denver. This defense NEEDS a change. I know it's week one, but we had that game gifted to us and the defense completely forgot how to function within less than 50 seconds of the game left.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

Sio was very good, and yes we have 2 really good players out, but still. If we had brought in better players in FA, then we would have probably won. We should have signed one of Sean Smith or Janoris Jenkins. We actually stupid for not going all in on one of those 2.

As nice as it would have been, I don't think we would have had the money to bring one of those guys in.

Just now, Shive said:

As nice as it would have been, I don't think we would have had the money to bring one of those guys in.

Smith didn't get that much. We could have mad it work. I mean all offseason everyone knew we needed a couple freak EDGE rushers and a CB to pair with Davis. What do we do???? Sign Robinson who's a solid number 3.nickle, but a great team needs a better number 2 corner. Then we literally did NOTHING to fix the pass rush.

Just now, csmopar said:

Probably. But whining about it now when it's too late to do anything about isn't gonna help us next week. Ok to Denver boys and girls

I'm not ready to move on to Denver yet.  We are still fresh in loss mode. The team can move on that's what is important.  But I'm going to complain as loud I can and further drive home the point that this type of defense is unacceptable...and that Pagano is stinking up the joint.  

3 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Just a brutal way to lose.... very bad clock management on our offenses final drive... Why call a timeout when on their 13 yard line? Ridiculous...

Calling the TO then gave us a chance to have 2 good plays/times to score.  Had we not called the TO then, it may have been 4th down and do or die.

Had we failed the TD on a 4th down game over and most of us would have screamed why didnt we call it to get us in better plays.

I am ok with it as we had the lead and only needed to hold them for 37 secs.  I think that is a much better chance than the later.

Hopefully we all will chill and remember that the secondary was a complete wreck with injuries and we will be better soon.  

I say we trade whatever it takes to move up for Myles Garrett. I cant stand this crap man. We have to bring in some superstar players on defense. Throw some money at some big time players this offseason. If they're not tagged and we bring in Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Stephon Gilmore, and Myles Garrett on defense....We wont be suffering through this kinda crap anymore. And get rid of bums like Cole, DQ, Jones probably, Butler, etc.