Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Lions Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans!  a battle of the blue  this afternoon, as our Indianapolis Colts begin their 2016 NFL Regular season hosting the Detroit Lions at LOS (the building)  the 43rd all-time regular season meeting,as they will try to earn back the AFC South Division title with a healthy Andrew Luck, and reach the NFL playoffs after two seasons.

This afternoon is also the return and homecoming of former Colts, and current Detroit Lions Head Coach Jim Caldwell.  Caldwell followed former Head Coach Tony Dungy to Tampa Bay from Indianapolis,  becoming quarterbacks coach and assistant Head Coach from 2002 through 2008, helping the Colts win and defeat the Chicago Bears 29-17 in Super Bowl XLI at a rainy Dolphins Stadium back on February 4, 2007.

Caldwell later succeeded Coach Dungy to become the Colts Head Coach in 2009 through 2011, before being relieved from his duties after finishing the 2011 regular season at 2-14,  mostly because Peyton Manning was out all season because of his neck surgeries that year.

Indianapolis is playing Detroit in the first of four interconference games this season playing opponents in the AFC South during the 2016 NFL Regular Season.   A unique arrangement by the NFL schedule makers during the offseason, is that all four NFC North teams are playing at AFC South teams on the road during the course of Opening Week -   Green Bay @ Jacksonville, Minnesota @ Tennessee, Chicago @ Houston, and  Detroit @ Indianapolis.

Colts also lead the Lions in the all-time regular season series, with 21 wins, 19 losses, and 2 ties,  Colts are also on a four-game regular season winning streak, including their 31-21 win over the Lions in Detroit's first visit and game at LOS back on December 14, 2008.  

Andrew Luck threw a 14-yard touchdown pass to Donnie Avery with a Adam Vinatieri PAT as time expired in regulation, to help the Colts come from behind and win 35-33 over the Lions in both teams last meeting played at Ford Field back on December 2, 2012.

Lucas Oil Stadium's roof may be opened for the late Sunday afternoon's  4:25PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because sunny and clear skies at 85 degrees,  0% precipitation, 44% humidity and very mild northeastern winds at 4 miles per hour.

NO injuries, win your first game  in 2016, and GO COLTS!!!!!    :cheer:   :coltslogo:   :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet: :cheer::rock:  :coltslogo:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2016/regular1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I didn't watch their game, but they did play the Bears.

I only saw parts, while hopping games. The way it stacks up for me currently is thus; The Texans only need average QB play out of Osweiler, we need Luck to play at a near elite level. I hope that need becomes less as the D gets healthier, but that's I see it right now.

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I only saw parts, while hopping games. The way it stacks up for me currently is thus; The Texans only need average QB play out of Osweiler, we need Luck to play at a near elite level. I hope that need becomes less as the D gets healthier, but that's I see it right now.

I agree.  If I may be honest, I don't have high expectations for our season.  I think we lack talent all over the place, and the defense is very "meh".  No pass rushers stand out to me, injuries to the secondary and DL.  Our season rides on Luck playing elite for 16+ games.