Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

What are you going for? Is it standard or PPR. If its PPR then your highest upside is Cooper, but also like you said he has a low floor. Standard, you may want to go with Lacy. However, what does your matchup look like? If you are projected low, and you don't think you can rely on a huge game from your other players, you may need to take the risk to close the gap with Cooper. If you are even or ahead, you may play it safe and go with lacy to trust on consistency.

We'll go by standard values. Cooper has been at 13, 7, 6, 4, and 19. His highest game was against the worst pass defense. Atlanta is 27th, Tennessee is 11th, and Baltimore is 6th. KC sits in between those two at 7th in pass defense. Last year he had very poor outings vs KC last year. you should be expecting less than 100 yards and maybe a TD at best.

Dallas is currently ranked 11th in rush defense while green bay is ranked 21st in rushing. Dallas will score, and green bay will be forced to pass a lot I think. Lacy hasn't done much at all IMO and hasn't scored a TD yet. His numbers are just as sporadic.

It is really a toss up, but I would go with Cooper, but again, its a 50/50 and I can't trust either in this situation.

I got a break yesterday as demaryious thomas only got one point for my opponent 

well I really dont think the cowboys offense is gonna be as efficient vs the packers. their defense is underrated also the cowboys arent really that good at stopping the run. teams just bail on the run because the cowboys are up by three scores. look at the bears and bengals game for example. what really worries me about cooper is his only two good outings have been against two really bad secondaries, he will most likely draw marcus peters, and he had a total of 89 yards and zero tds vs the chiefs last year. I think I might go with lacy.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If unsure about which running back to play, maybe just pick the rb on the team facing the Colts that week. Indy has trouble stopping the run, so any rb on the opposing team would gain high fantasy points. Until the Colts have an answer for this, it might be the way to go.

10 hours ago, 19colt said:

Need to start one of:

Jacquizz Rodgers @SF
Julian Edelman @PIT

Cameron Meredith @GB

Any ideas?

I don't know much about Jacquizz Rodgers. Pittsburgh is without Big Ben, so Edelman could be good. It depends on who Brady targets most, though. I'm never sure who Brady is throwing to.

I would go with Meredith @ GB. He should get a lot of work and GB hasn't looked right lately.

5 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I don't know much about Jacquizz Rodgers. Pittsburgh is without Big Ben, so Edelman could be good. It depends on who Brady targets most, though. I'm never sure who Brady is throwing to.

I would go with Meredith @ GB. He should get a lot of work and GB hasn't looked right lately.

Thank you I will give that a shot!

Mariota vs IND or Carr at Jax? I am leaning towards Mariota but one thing the Colts have been good at lately is forcing teams into FGs, so not sure if that will work against Mariota.

In another league, Alex Smith vs NO or Carr at Jax?

Thoughts??

On 10/19/2016 at 2:09 AM, 19colt said:

Need to start one of:

Jacquizz Rodgers @SF
Julian Edelman @PIT

Cameron Meredith @GB

Any ideas?

Rodgers is starting and will get Doug Martin type touches to cut down on Winston's turnovers. That will be a big focus when they come off the bye. Since it might be another game before Doug Martin even sees the field, and given that SF has given up points in bunches, there is a good chance Rodgers cashes in.

I'd go with Rodgers. If you can play both Meredith and Rodgers, that would be even better. Who are your starting wide outs? Meredith is getting start wide out type touches.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Rodgers is starting and will get Doug Martin type touches to cut down on Winston's turnovers. That will be a big focus when they come off the bye. Since it might be another game before Doug Martin even sees the field, and given that SF has given up points in bunches, there is a good chance Rodgers cashes in.

I'd go with Rodgers. If you can play both Meredith and Rodgers, that would be even better. Who are your starting wide outs? Meredith is getting start wide out type touches.

I have Cooper and D.Thomas. Sadly for me, Hoyer went down and Merideth currently has two points. Shame, could have been a competitive 2nd half. 

I was way off about Meredith. Looks like Davante Adams was the one to have on a team. Maybe other players will compensate for the lack of production.

I was thinking about how the Packers played against Dallas; seems that they were revived this week. Unfortunately, much of fantasy is chance since one never knows how a team will perform.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

I was way off about Meredith. Looks like Davante Adams was the one to have on a team. Maybe other players will compensate for the lack of production.

I was thinking about how the Packers played against Dallas; seems that they were revived this week. Unfortunately, much of fantasy is chance since one never knows how a team will perform.

Well, once Hoyer went down, the Bears players' value took a dive in that game. No one could have predicted that.

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

Mariota vs IND or Carr at Jax? I am leaning towards Mariota but one thing the Colts have been good at lately is forcing teams into FGs, so not sure if that will work against Mariota.

Thoughts??

Bump :)

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:
21 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts??

Mariota is a good option. The Colts have been forcing FGs, but also are bad against the run, and Mariota is a running QB.

Smith or Carr is tough, but since KC is at home, I'd go with Smith. As a rule, west coast teams struggle more when they head east.

3 hours ago, MOB said:

f926636dd7.png

I've got this team. I'm currently 6-1 in my league but I've got Moncrief coming back and a lot of decent players on my bench. 

ab44d640d6.png

That's what the FLEX part of our waivers looks like right now. Who do I drop and add to adjust?

I would drop the chiefs d to make room for moncrief.    

I told myself I would never play allen robinson again... problem is Mike Wallace is on bye and my only other options are Quincy Enunwa (Jets) @Cle, and possibly Theo Riddick @Hou. 

Should I stick with robinson @ a terrible Tennessee defense? 

PPR league.

45 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I told myself I would never play allen robinson again... problem is Mike Wallace is on bye and my only other options are Quincy Enunwa (Jets) @Cle, and possibly Theo Riddick @Hou. 

Should I stick with robinson @ a terrible Tennessee defense? 

PPR league.

You almost have to.    Im in the same boat.   He has higher upside than my other options. (Beasley)   I have Robinson, Julio, and ty Montgomery in my lineup

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You almost have to.    Im in the same boat.   He has higher upside than my other options. (Beasley)   I have Robinson, Julio, and ty Montgomery in my lineup

No... never, NEVER AGAIN.

I start him because Riddick was projected zero thigh no word on eligibility.

Once the game starts, Riddick gets a high projection and robinson is at 3 points at the half.  

If I could delete that guy from the league i would. I'm just going to drop him entirely after this week. 

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Once the game starts, Riddick gets a high projection and robinson is at 3 points at the half.  

If I could delete that guy from the league i would. I'm just going to drop him entirely after this week. 

Ppr?

Ppr?

Ya, that was his only saving grace, bit I still don't trust him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 *

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, that was his only saving grace, bit I still don't trust him.

If it makes you feel any better (or worse), I have Hurns in one league.

I lost trust, and pulled him about 15 minutes before the game last night.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.

On 10/28/2016 at 5:32 AM, chad72 said:

Knile Davis, RB, Packers is on the waiver wire in 2 leagues that I am part of.  Is he worth grabbing?

Also, do I hang on to Jordan Howard or not?

I'm pretty useless when it comes to deep leagues such as how this one sounds. If I had to choose, I would keep Howard. 

A bit late for me to be asking for advice but Russell Wilson @NO or Bradford @CHI this week? I've been starting Wilson all year (along with Luck, 2 QB league) but Wilson just isn't producing with his injuries.

Sea @NO

or

Buf vs  NE.

1 point per pass deflected 

1 point per 25 yards of punt/kick returns

Seattle, better safeties and Tyler Lockette on returns 

Totally forgot about lockett. I started them because I think the pats are going to be ruthless after their last matchup.

League 1 (standard ESPN league with 1 QB, 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K):

QB: Jameis Winston

RBs: Gurley, Terrance West, Charcandrick West, Christine Michael, Jordan Howard (bye), Tevin Coleman (out)

WRs: Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Wallace, Michael Thomas

TE: Kelce

DEF: Eagles

K: Tucker

The bolded are my choices. 

League 2 (standard Yahoo league with 1 QB, 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K):

QB: Dak Prescott, Derek Carr

RBs: Todd Gurley, Christine Michael, Latavius Murray, Jordan Howard (bye), Tim Hightower

WRs: T.Y.Hilton, Kelvin Benjamin, Jeremy Maclin, Davante Adams

TEs: Jimmy Graham

DEF: Cowboys, Bills

K: Cairos Santos

Thoughts???

52 minutes ago, chad72 said:

League 1 (standard ESPN league with 1 QB, 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K):

QB: Jameis Winston

RBs: Gurley, Terrance West, Charcandrick West, Christine Michael, Jordan Howard (bye), Tevin Coleman (out)

WRs: Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Wallace, Michael Thomas

TE: Kelce

DEF: Eagles

K: Tucker

The bolded are my choices. 

League 2 (standard Yahoo league with 1 QB, 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K):

QB: Dak Prescott, Derek Carr

RBs: Todd Gurley, Christine Michael, Latavius Murray, Jordan Howard (bye), Tim Hightower

WRs: T.Y.Hilton, Kelvin Benjamin, Jeremy Maclin, Davante Adams

TEs: Jimmy Graham

DEF: Cowboys, Bills

K: Cairos Santos

Thoughts???

Sounds about right, but you do need to start a defense in league 2.

Or, at least, you should.

17 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I would go with Kendall Wright because I don't trust Jimmy Graham. I've had Graham in ppr leagues, and he never did much for me. Wright is becoming Mariota's target, so he should have plenty of chances to produce.

That is who I went with but right now, he is not seeing enough snaps. 2 catches and 64 yards, Graham would probably get the same with a ton of snaps. I am holding on to him because once his snaps go up, I feel his production will only go up. However, right now, it seems like a wash to me because of Wright's low number of snaps, mainly because RW is hobbled up and is not the threat he is and can be treated like a pocket passer.

You guys won't believe this. I lost last week and the week before, BOTH times because a player was a late scratch due to sickle cell. John Brown a few weeks ago (was the SNF game, Snead had 17 points on my bench, lost by 7) and Ty Montgomery last week (Theo Riddick with 27 points in his first game back, Montgomery was scratched after the 1 pm games started, lost by 25). Horrible luck

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

You guys won't believe this. I lost last week and the week before, BOTH times because a player was a late scratch due to sickle cell. John Brown a few weeks ago (was the SNF game, Snead had 17 points on my bench, lost by 7) and Ty Montgomery last week (Theo Riddick with 27 points in his first game back, Montgomery was scratched after the 1 pm games started, lost by 25). Horrible luck

They should have a system that replaces that player with the next player up only in non money games same thing has happened to me many times. 

39 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

They should have a system that replaces that player with the next player up only in non money games same thing has happened to me many times. 

Yea, if they were on the injury report during the week then you shouldn't be allowed to replace because you know the risks. But it would be nice to insert someone after the game already started and you find out 5 min later your guy is scratched out of nowhere bc his sickle cell is acting up. But all that stuff goes around and comes around every year it happens to everybody.

The NFL must hate fantasy football. I mentioned I don't trust Jimmy Graham, so he gets over 100 yards in MNF. Whenever I've had him in what should be  a favorable matchup, he does nothing.Then there are players who are questionable, and since the lineup sets at a certain time in ppr, you don't know whether to chance them or change the roster. I did get 5th place in a 20 player league, so that's not too bad, considering.

Then one week Denver defense gives me 22 points, and this week the same defense gives me 1 point against the Raiders. Devante Booker was suppose to be breakout player against Oakland's bad rush defense, and he only gave me 3.5 points in ppr. So it goes.