Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

10 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

PPR league. Who for my flex, Moncrief, Kevin White, Tyler Lockett or Jordan Matthews.

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I would go with Moncrief. Analysts have predicted that he will be a break-out player this year.

Tough choice between Moncrief and Lockett

I think either would be a viable option, pick a name out of a hat.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

PPR league. Who for my flex, Moncrief, Kevin White, Tyler Lockett or Jordan Matthews.

If you want the highest floor, I would say Matthews. If you want the highest ceiling, Moncrief or Lockett. I would personally say Matthews is the top option here because he is the best receiver on the Eagles and a rookie QB tends to target his top receiver more often as a type of security blanket. He should see double-digit targets this week as Wentz settles into the NFL

4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

If you want the highest floor, I would say Matthews. If you want the highest ceiling, Moncrief or Lockett. I would personally say Matthews is the top option here because he is the best receiver on the Eagles and a rookie QB tends to target his top receiver more often as a type of security blanket. He should see double-digit targets this week as Wentz settles into the NFL

Yea, I'm not buying into Matthews until he does something good. He was abysmal last season.

12 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

Moncrief, mainly because the Colts could be playing from behind more than the Seahawks (Lockett) or Eagles (Mathews) though TDs can never be predicted. Kevin White, not sold on him till I see a few games of good looks.

40 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think I would call 85 catches for almost 1000 yards and 8 tds abysmal

In the first 10 games he played last year (11 weeks including the bye)

He registered 2 TD, and averaged 56.5 YPG

That my friend is abysmal for a #1 WR.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

How did he do down the stretch?

obviously he did amazingly well in the last 5 weeks, but he had already burned his fantasy owners by being Abysmal for the first 11 weeks of the season. I know I dropped him last year after a hand full of games. Too risky to assume that he will be productive at all with a new coaching staff, new scheme, and new QB. I'd stay far far away until he proves he can be consistent.

Week 1 Suggestions needed (my choices in bold):

League 1 (12 team):

Format: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, DEF, K

Team: 

QB: Derek Carr at NO, Brock Osweiler at Chi

RBs: Todd Gurley at SF, Eddie Lacy at Jax, Latavius Murray at NO, Christine Michael vs Mia, Matt Jones

WRs: T.Y. Hilton vs Det, Jeremy Maclin vs SD, Kelvin Benjamin (DNP), Tajae Sharpe

TEs: Gary Barnidge at Phi, Antonio Gates

DEF: Rams at SF

K: McManus

League 2 (10 team):

Format: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, DEF, K

Team:

QB: Tyrod Taylor at Bal, Dak Prescott vs NYG

RBs: Todd Gurley at SF, Latavius Murray at NO, Arian Foster at Sea, Christine Michael vs Mia, Ameer Abdullah at Indy

WRs: Dez Bryant vs NYG, Brandon Marshall at Cin, Randall Cobb at Jax, Kelvin Benjamin (DNP)

TEs: Gary Barnidge at Phi, Antonio Gates

DEF: Phi vs Cle, Rams at SF

K: Justin Tucker vs Buf

League 1, I am less on the fence than league 2. League 2 - not sure if I need to play 3 RBs or 3 WRs. 

Thoughts??

Currently up 21 and he has Jordan Reed, and up 20 with DeAngelo and he has Gurley and Tavon Austin.

Killing myself for benching Snead AND Riddick over John Brown in one league, and Riddick over John Brown in another league.

Just lost Ertz and I don't trust Zach Miller. May pick up Doyle if available.

17 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Currently up 21 and he has Jordan Reed, and up 20 with DeAngelo and he has Gurley and Tavon Austin.

Killing myself for benching Snead AND Riddick over John Brown in one league, and Riddick over John Brown in another league.

Just lost Ertz and I don't trust Zach Miller. May pick up Doyle if available.

I'm Doyle is available.  Lol.   Don't expect that kind of production often

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

Looking ahead to next week, pick two

Spencer ware vs Texans

Eddie Lacy vs vikings

Kelvin Benjamin vs 49ers

Eric decker vs bills

Is Charles back?

The only lock there is Benjamin.

If Charles plays then Benjamin and Lacy, if not then Benjamin and Ware

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Barnidge got me a big goose egg yesterday.   Now that mccown will be playing hopefully his production goes up substantially

That was always the problem with RG3, he would not make his reads fast enough once his first or second reads were taken and it limited his development as a QB. Shanahan let him run the college offense in year 1, and till teams got used to it, he was successful. Once that big Ngata hit took place, Shanahan tried to fit a square peg in a round hole when he tried to teach RG3 pocket awareness and read progression more to extend his QB longevity. However, RG3 would not have it.

Hung on to win in spite of 1.8 pts from John Brown and 27 from Riddick on my bench. Would have had most points in the league if played Riddick. Won by 6, now up 50 in other league against a struggling Gurley and Austin. Made the same brown for riddick play there too and also have Snead on the bench, most points for the week.

And then I remembered we called timeout and blew the Lions game...

9 hours ago, SilentHill said:

He was the safer pick ;)

You know what they say, high risk high reward!

Huge reward. Got me my win especially with gurley's bad game. 

I need help this week. Choose two

Spencer ware vs Texans

Eddie Lacy vs vikings

Kelvin Benjamin vs 49ers

Eric decker vs bills

Rawls vs rams

Fuller vs chiefs

I like rawls especially after what the 49ers did and I'm tempted to go with fuller. Chargers ripped that secondary and Peters will be on hopkins

After the Rams defense being torched last night, Rawls would be  good choice. Isn't there some concern about his health, though? Not sure if I heard correctly.

If Charles doesn't play, then I like Ware. He might not do as well against the Texans, but I think that he'll still have a productive season if he's going to be the main runner.

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Spencer ware vs Texans

Eddie Lacy vs vikings

Kelvin Benjamin vs 49ers

Eric decker vs bills

Rawls vs rams

Fuller vs chiefs

I like rawls especially after what the 49ers did and I'm tempted to go with fuller. Chargers ripped that secondary and Peters will be on hopkins

Is Charles back that has huge implications to your lineup.

The only lock there I think is Benjamin, who after blowing up Denver's secondary I consider pretty much match up proof.

If Rawls practices in full, that could be a good play. Fuller might be a good play, but I tend to think that game will be lower scoring. I like Lacy, but only because he's on my team haha.

16 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Is Charles back that has huge implications to your lineup.

The only lock there I think is Benjamin, who after blowing up Denver's secondary I consider pretty much match up proof.

If Rawls practices in full, that could be a good play. Fuller might be a good play, but I tend to think that game will be lower scoring. I like Lacy, but only because he's on my team haha.

Well even if Charles plays, he's gonna get a small workload.

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Spencer ware vs Texans

Eddie Lacy vs vikings

Kelvin Benjamin vs 49ers

Eric decker vs bills

Rawls vs rams

Fuller vs chiefs

If PPR I def go Fuller or Benjamin or Lacy. I think you can remove Rawls who is still not 100% and splitting with Chrstine Michael as well as Spencer Ware who will be splitting with Jamaal Charles. Decker is a question mark, Bills own the Jets the last four meetings and on a short week. 

31 minutes ago, bababooey said:

If PPR I def go Fuller or Benjamin or Lacy. I think you can remove Rawls who is still not 100% and splitting with Chrstine Michael as well as Spencer Ware who will be splitting with Jamaal Charles. Decker is a question mark, Bills own the Jets the last four meetings and on a short week. 

Benjamin is a lock. If Charles doesn't play, I'll go with ware. If he does lacy then. I got lacy by trading langford haha

56 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

1 points PPR

Starters

RB: D. Murray, D. Woodhead

WR: Allen Robinson, AJ Green

Flex: Mike Wallace

Bench:

RB - Latavius Murray (only real option considering matchups)

WR - Jarvis Landry, M. Sanu, Tajae Sharpe

Stick with what I got or swap out?

I would put Landry in instead of Wallace. With the Dolphins playing the Patriots, even without Brady, they should be playing from behind. Jarvis is the offenses target hog and he should see double-digit targets. In PPR, that creates a ton of points. Other than that it looks good. I would contemplate D Murray or L Murray, but Danny Woodhead is going to get a lot of targets now with Keenan Allen out. He is quite possibly their #1 receiving option now. I like that for PPR. I need Sanu to prove it another week before I jump on board with him, and the same goes with Sharpe.

17 hours ago, bababooey said:

If PPR I def go Fuller or Benjamin or Lacy. I think you can remove Rawls who is still not 100% and splitting with Chrstine Michael as well as Spencer Ware who will be splitting with Jamaal Charles. Decker is a question mark, Bills own the Jets the last four meetings and on a short week

Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan are going to get embarrassed, IMO. Did you see the Jets' D against the Bengals' OL, which is pretty stout? I think the Jets are going to come back with a win giving Rex a loss against his old team.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

1 points PPR

Starters

Bench:

Narcosys, you responded most of the time I was on here asking line up questions last year, so I owe you some responses myself :) 

I know you are thinking about the Woodhead reaping benefits of Allen's departure angle and other Raider RBs stealing TDs like Jalen Richard did vs the Saints, it may not be a frequent thing. If it becomes frequent, you can second guess Latavius Murray but you give him the benefit in a traditional league match up vs the Falcons. Jags have good LBs, unlike the Colts, IMO. Against the Colts however, due to lack of speed and tackling prowess at the LB position and how they have struggled vs Sproles and recently Riddick, in game 3 for Chargers vs Colts, you are playing Woodhead. Everything else seems fine with me. However, in PPR, Woodhead may compensate for lack of TDs with catches and Rivers loves throwing to his RBs. Just saw that it was PPR, it changes things :)

For Flex, Wallace vs Landry is a quandary (rhyme intended :)). I have not paid close attention to how the Ravens are using Wallace. We all look at him as a go route guy but do they use him on enough crossing routes like Pitt. did when he was successful because CBs had to play off due to his speed? Landry, we are 100% certain he is used in the slot and goes across more like Larry Fitzgerald with the Cardinals who went off vs the Patriots. However, Landry is more like a go to guy unlike Arizona that had Brown, Floyd and Fitzgerald, so the Pats can scheme him out, I feel. You might need one more game to find out about both but I'd say stick with your gut on this though Landry seems more appealing in PPR, IMO.

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan are going to get embarrassed, IMO. Did you see the Jets' D against the Bengals' OL, which is pretty stout? I think the Jets are going to come back with a win giving Rex a loss against his old team.

It's still the Jets. The team that beat the Pats on the road to take control of their playoff destiny last year and still lost to the Bills in week 17. Also lost earlier on in the season on a Thursday night in an embarrassing close fashion. Rex shows up for big games like against the Pats when he was a Jet and now against the Jets as a Bill. Just think there is a better play.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

1 points PPR

Starters

Bench:

I don't like Wallace, literally any WR on your bench is better IMO, and Landry and Sharpe are number 1s on their teams.

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

I don't like Wallace, literally any WR on your bench is better IMO, and Landry and Sharpe are number 1s on their teams.

Wallace had a better game last week than any other WR besides AJ green.   The Ravens plan on using him a lot.  And a matchup against the Browns is enticing. But if the Ravens are ahead, wallace won't get the targets.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Narcosys, you responded most of the time I was on here asking line up questions last year, so I owe you some responses myself :) 

I know you are thinking about the Woodhead reaping benefits of Allen's departure angle and other Raider RBs stealing TDs like Jalen Richard did vs the Saints, it may not be a frequent thing. If it becomes frequent, you can second guess Latavius Murray but you give him the benefit in a traditional league match up vs the Falcons. Jags have good LBs, unlike the Colts, IMO. Against the Colts however, due to lack of speed and tackling prowess at the LB position and how they have struggled vs Sproles and recently Riddick, in game 3 for Chargers vs Colts, you are playing Woodhead. Everything else seems fine with me. However, in PPR, Woodhead may compensate for lack of TDs with catches and Rivers loves throwing to his RBs. Just saw that it was PPR, it changes things :)

For Flex, Wallace vs Landry is a quandary (rhyme intended :)). I have not paid close attention to how the Ravens are using Wallace. We all look at him as a go route guy but do they use him on enough crossing routes like Pitt. did when he was successful because CBs had to play off due to his speed? Landry, we are 100% certain he is used in the slot and goes across more like Larry Fitzgerald with the Cardinals who went off vs the Patriots. However, Landry is more like a go to guy unlike Arizona that had Brown, Floyd and Fitzgerald, so the Pats can scheme him out, I feel. You might need one more game to find out about both but I'd say stick with your gut on this though Landry seems more appealing in PPR, IMO.

I need to get back on here more.  A bunch of stuff has kept me away; college, sickness, staining 30 cabinets.

I hate staining. I'll try to get on here more often.