Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I wish. Derek Carr's TNF performance vs the Chiefs booted me out of 2 FF playoff games.

TWO? omg.

I made it to finals in both leagues. One I deserve big time, one I fell bass ackwards. No Julio, No Riddick, No Forte, Cobb 0 points, opponent outbid us for Powell and used him, guy I beat the week before picked up Farrow to be a jerk. I picked up Ryan Mathews (22 points) but ended up sitting him for AP (1.3 points) as a boom or bust. I won bc of Brandin Cooks.

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

TWO? omg.

I made it to finals in both leagues. One I deserve big time, one I fell bass ackwards. No Julio, No Riddick, No Forte, Cobb 0 points, opponent outbid us for Powell and used him, guy I beat the week before picked up Farrow to be a jerk. I picked up Ryan Mathews (22 points) but ended up sitting him for AP (1.3 points) as a boom or bust. I won bc of Brandin Cooks.

Yeah, the Colts forum elite league typically does not afford much luxury for many underachievers. :)

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah. I am checking stats and giving the eye test due diligence time with late night games instead of spending time with my wife and daughter, and/or getting things done around the house. If you want to be a good FF player, it sure does take time.

Ah, I just take a look at the projections,  the outlook, and the matchup.  I don't drove too much time into it.

Made it into my championship roun. My second year in a row.   Some how the guy with the best record (11-3), who im going against,  has the 2nd lowest points for in our league. 

He accomplished this because literally every week the person he faced had their worst weeks. I'm like 3rd in points for and I barely got past 100 points when I faced him.  All other weeks are 120-160.  

The proof of this is that he has the 2nd fewest points against. The guy who had the fewest points against and the fewest points for were the same person, but he went 7-7. 

He is the luckiest guy in the fantasy football world it seems.

So,  Mariota @Jax

or

T. Taylor vs Mia

Both had good games last they faced. 

Have bills D/st vs Mia 

But chargers D/ST @Cle is available. 

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Ah, I just take a look at the projections,  the outlook, and the matchup.  I don't drove too much time into it.

Made it into my championship roun. My second year in a row.   Some how the guy with the best record (11-3), who im going against,  has the 2nd lowest points for in our league. 

He accomplished this because literally every week the person he faced had their worst weeks. I'm like 3rd in points for and I barely got past 100 points when I faced him.  All other weeks are 120-160.  

The proof of this is that he has the 2nd fewest points against. The guy who had the fewest points against and the fewest points for were the same person, but he went 7-7. 

So,  Mariota @Jax

or

T. Taylor vs Mia

Have bills D/st vs Mia 

Jags play better pass D than Dolphins, and conditions in Buffalo are going to be snow showers and icy conditions, seems like both games will be dominated by running games. However, Mariota is likely to throw for a passing TD than Tyrod, given the conditions, IMO. I'd go with Mariota. The X factor is which QB will use their legs, that is real hard to predict.  

Browns just don't put up enough points. They may become desperate and start heaving long balls with RG3's arm, I can see that because they don't want to go 0-15 and this is their last home game and chance to prevent going 0-16. Dolphins, if Matt Moore is playing, will go conservative given the conditions and rely on Ajayi and their D with Kiko Alonso and Jelani Jenkins back. I don't expect the Bills to get many defensive points, I'd go with the Chargers. It's a case where I say "don't overthink it, it is the Browns for crying out loud".

I wonder if anyone had Robert Turbin in their lineup? No one could have predicted that the Colts would completely dominate the Vikings. I'm just glad that I didn't have Minnesota's defense; decided to use another team.

I try not to overthink lineups; I usually go for favorable matchups and use players who have been contributing in past weeks. I only play daily fantasy, as it's easier to change lineups each week depending on injuries, suspensions, etc. Getting into the standard with season draft picks would be too complicated for me.

I am using the Chargers' defense against Cleveland in a league this week. Also, Phillip Rivers. In fantasy, any team against the Browns should work out.

16 hours ago, Narcosys said:

So,  Mariota @Jax

or

T. Taylor vs Mia

Have bills D/st vs Mia 

I had the Bills D and dropped them for Chargers @ Cleveland, expect some sacks and maybe a turnover, as well as least points per drive in the conference. I'd also go Mariota over Tyrod. Him and Rishard Matthews have been on, plus he's got Demarco and Delanie to catch passes from. Better matchup too.

I am in similar position as you. Facing my cousin who scored almost 300 less than me, but has a better record (10-3) vs. my (9-4) so he got $50 for first place.

I am in two championships and need to figure out who to play.

League 1:

QB: Do I play Cousins @ Chicago or Stafford @ Dallas

RBs: Johnson and Elliot

WRs: Nelson and Evans

TE: Olsen

FLEX: Do I play Ertz vs NYG, Watkins vs. Miami, Montgomery vs. Minnesota, AP @ GB, Rishard Matthews @ JAX, (if healthy) Theo Riddick @ Dallas 

DEF: Dropped Bills vs. Miami for Chargers @ Cleveland

League 2

QB: Rodgers

WR: Brandin Cooks, Julio Jones

RB: Gore

TE: Bennett

Flex (2 flex spots here, plus I need another RB): Randall Cobb vs Min, Cameron Meredith vs WAS, (if healthy) Theo Riddick @ DAL, Ryan Mathews vs NYG, Dion Lewis vs. NYJ, AP @ GB, (if healthy) Ladarius Green vs. Balt

Defense: SD @ CLE or NYG vs. PHI

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I wonder if anyone had Robert Turbin in their lineup? No one could have predicted that the Colts would completely dominate the Vikings. I'm just glad that I didn't have Minnesota's defense; decided to use another team.

I try not to overthink lineups; I usually go for favorable matchups and use players who have been contributing in past weeks. I only play daily fantasy, as it's easier to change lineups each week depending on injuries, suspensions, etc. Getting into the standard with season draft picks would be too complicated for me.

I am using the Chargers' defense against Cleveland in a league this week. Also, Phillip Rivers. In fantasy, any team against the Browns should work out.

Turbin isn't even ownable. Nobody still alive in the playoffs would have went with the Colts backup RB on the road in Minnesota. Too many guys were available on waivers going into last week like Hightower, Farrow, Forsett, Ryan Mathews, Lewis or White, Ty Montgomery, maybe even AP, guys who could still contribute. I'd love to see someone who did though.

21 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Turbin isn't even ownable. Nobody still alive in the playoffs would have went with the Colts backup RB on the road in Minnesota. Too many guys were available on waivers going into last week like Hightower, Farrow, Forsett, Ryan Mathews, Lewis or White, Ty Montgomery, maybe even AP, guys who could still contribute. I'd love to see someone who did though.

I'm sure plenty in 16 team leagues had him going

On 12/15/2016 at 8:40 PM, chad72 said:

You would have to give up both Allen and Parker to get a round 2 pick, IMO, that is what I would bargain for if I were trading with you. :sip:

This has all become moot. Somehow I managed to have only two players on my team put up double digit points (both <14)! Which has earned me either a 1 or 2 spot in the Fournette/Cook lottery. Yay for me? I still might get greedy and try to get that other top spot. It'd be nice to get both of them. :)

League 1:

FLEX: Do I play Ertz vs NYG, Watkins vs. Miami, Montgomery vs. Minnesota, AP @ GB, Rishard Matthews @ JAX, (if healthy) Theo Riddick @ Dallas 

League 2

Flex (2 flex spots here, plus I need another RB): Randall Cobb vs Min, Cameron Meredith vs WAS, (if healthy) Theo Riddick @ DAL, Ryan Mathews vs NYG, Dion Lewis vs. NYJ, AP @ GB, (if healthy) Ladarius Green vs. Balt

League 1: Cousins @ Chicago, Ertz vs NYG at home

League 2: Meredith vs Was, Ryan Mathews vs NYG, SD @Cleveland 

League 1:

League 2

Cousins I would say.  Better matchup. 

To your only 3 options for Flex are Ertz and Montgomery and Riddick.  I would hope Riddick returns but idk how much he'll really be used when they fall behind.

I've got him in a ppr league might use him in my flex. 

League 2

Riddick for RB

Ryan Matthews and cameron Meredith.

Ladarius Green is in concussion protocol. Randall Cobb maybe but can't trust him entirely. 

21 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm sure plenty in 16 team leagues had him going

That's true, I never thought of that. Those are very uncommon. Most leagues are between 8-12 judging by the sample of people I know (small I know), and the size of the mock drafts in yahoo and ESPN every preseason (very little 16 teams compared to the others).

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

Yeah, Yahoo agrees with you.

Switch made, fingers crossed. Though I'm in the consolation bracket in that league, so not a lot at stake, but I still like to win wherever I can.

Thanks for your input.

No problem, he's the 23rd ranked RB on ESPN this week but in ppr I'm sure he's a top 20 maybe even a top 15 play. Dixon is 38.

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is just wrong that Moncrief is even available at this point. :)

We have less bench spots than a normal league, and with it being 10 teams with a few guys that have been out for a few weeks and not updating I was able to grab him and Dion Lewis to play over Cobb and Riddick this week. I used to own both Michael Thomas and Philip Dorsett, dropped Michael Thomas (stupid), eventually dropped Dorsett because he's 95% useless. Wish I had Thomas still but I have Cooks.

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 6:50 PM, chad72 said:

Jags play better pass D than Dolphins, and conditions in Buffalo are going to be snow showers and icy conditions, seems like both games will be dominated by running games. However, Mariota is likely to throw for a passing TD than Tyrod, given the conditions, IMO. I'd go with Mariota. The X factor is which QB will use their legs, that is real hard to predict.  

Browns just don't put up enough points. They may become desperate and start heaving long balls with RG3's arm, I can see that because they don't want to go 0-15 and this is their last home game and chance to prevent going 0-16. Dolphins, if Matt Moore is playing, will go conservative given the conditions and rely on Ajayi and their D with Kiko Alonso and Jelani Jenkins back. I don't expect the Bills to get many defensive points, I'd go with the Chargers. It's a case where I say "don't overthink it, it is the Browns for crying out loud".

I am beyond PO'd.

Mariota got 8 while Taylor got 31.  D. Murray got only 8. Jarvis Landry got 5.9.

Punters is seriously the luckiest person world.  Every single person he does against has their players play like crap. He's going to beat me and I just cannot get over how lucky this guy is.  I'm livid.

Dude had the least points scored all season but has the best record and wins the championship. gtho.

On 12/24/2016 at 4:44 PM, Narcosys said:

I am beyond PO'd.

Mariota got 8 while Taylor got 31.  D. Murray got only 8. Jarvis Landry got 5.9.

Punters is seriously the luckiest person world.  Every single person he does against has their players play like crap. He's going to beat me and I just cannot get over how lucky this guy is.  I'm livid.

Dude had the least points scored all season but has the best record and wins the championship. gtho.

Sorry man. No one could have predicted injury. Sammy Watkins gets 1.0 the previous game and then 20, such is life of the passing game with the Bills. Mariota was on his way to a decent game after a TD throw to Matthews and then the injury happened hurting Mariota and Murray.

guys I need help winning my league. choose four

Jacquizz rodgers vs panthers- Panthers give up rushing tds, but are pretty stingy with rushing yards

tevin coleman vs saints- great matchup, but depends on how many touches he gets

deangelo williams vs browns- not sure the type of workload he will get and he hasnt had a carry in two months

spencer ware vs chargers- chargers run defense has gotten better and ware has only scored once out of the last 10 games

dez bryant vs eagles- could only play half a game and mark sanchez will play most of the game

sammy watkins vs jets- e.j manuel is starting so that worries me

j.j nelson vs rams- has had a good few weeks, but not sure how much trust I have in doing this

currently I have rodgers coleman dez and watkins starting, but I need all the advice I can get

I have JJ Nelson in one of my daily leagues. He has been plenty of snaps lately and should continue going into week 17.

I'm not sure about Dez: it's unclear how many snaps he will get, so I wouldn't start him. Romo is predicted to play along with Sanchez. Beasley might be the one used more. The others you're starting should be OK.

It's difficult to predict exactly who will play, so part of it is guessing. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

guys I need help winning my league. choose four

Jacquizz rodgers vs panthers- Panthers give up rushing tds, but are pretty stingy with rushing yards

tevin coleman vs saints- great matchup, but depends on how many touches he gets

deangelo williams vs browns- not sure the type of workload he will get and he hasnt had a carry in two months

spencer ware vs chargers- chargers run defense has gotten better and ware has only scored once out of the last 10 games

dez bryant vs eagles- could only play half a game and mark sanchez will play most of the game

sammy watkins vs jets- e.j manuel is starting so that worries me

j.j nelson vs rams- has had a good few weeks, but not sure how much trust I have in doing this

currently I have rodgers coleman dez and watkins starting, but I need all the advice I can get

Rodgers, Coleman, Ware and Nelson

Ware because the Chiefs are still looking to win the division, and little competition.

Nelson, because the Cardinals played hard last week vs the Seahawks and Arians wouldn't have it any other way despite them not making the playoffs.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Ware because the Chiefs are still looking to win the division, and little competition.

Nelson, because the Cardinals played hard last week vs the Seahawks and Arians wouldn't have it any other way despite them not making the playoffs.

Sorry forgot to mention it needs to be two rbs and two wrs

On 12/30/2016 at 0:08 PM, chad72 said:

I picked up theilan from the vikings. Im going with williams coleman nelson and theilan. ware has a 425 game and might not play so I cant risk that and I understand rodgers will get plenty of touches, but the panthers not giving up much rushing yards worries me. reports have been coming out that williams will get the majority of the touches and its a well better matchup then rodgers