Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

28 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Picked two,  ppr.

D. Thomas @NO

J. Landry @SD

M. Wallace vs Cle

Is PPR rewarding yardage, TDs and receptions? If yes, Landry and Wallace. Wallace will make up for fewer receptions with TD and yardage. Chargers slot wideout coverage is terrible plus dirty Landry plays a lot of snaps for his questionable blocking.

Sanders fights for the ball while DT does not, so I expect Siemian to target Sanders more this next game.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I am losing it this week, I have no idea who to play.

Pick 4:

Jamison Crowder VS MIN (DeSean Jackson is OUT)

Michael Thomas VS DEN

Kelvin Benjamin VS KC

Dez Bryant @ PIT

Carlos Hyde @ ARI

Chris Ivory VS HOU

Kenny Britt @ NYJ

Stefon Diggs @ WAS

The only one here I think I can just rule out is Hyde because who knows if he will get a full workload and ARI Run D is pretty good. Thomas and Crowder have bad matchups on paper, but for Crowder MIN defense has not been good lately, and Thomas who knows what kind of attention he will draw, are teams viewing him as the #1 in NO? Dez seems like a good pick in what looks to be a high scoring affair with PIT, Newton always feeds Benjamin, and he is a beast athlete, Ivory had a big game last week rushing for over 100, maybe the new OC will use him like this going forward? Brit has been on fire and the NYJ secondary is a mess, Diggs might draw the attention of Norman in WAS, seems risky to me?

I would go with Dez Bryant and Jamison Crowder for two of the choices. Crowder will get the attention of Cousins since Jackson is out. Even though the matchup doesn't look good on paper, Crowder seems to do well whenever I have him in a league. Minnesota's defense is also vulnerable.

I also like Benjamin. Not sure about the fourth one.

9 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I would go with Dez Bryant and Jamison Crowder for two of the choices. Crowder will get the attention of Cousins since Jackson is out. Even though the matchup doesn't look good on paper, Crowder seems to do well whenever I have him in a league. Minnesota's defense is also vulnerable.

I also like Benjamin. Not sure about the fourth one.

Crowder was good, sitting Diggs was bad, Starting M Thomas was the worst. lol

6 minutes ago, 19colt said:

Luck vs TEN or Ben @CLE ??? Tough one.

Luck because when you do not have much resistance from a pathetic team like the Browns, LeVeon Bell and running starts to steal the show.

It won't be the case with Mariota still winging it and putting up a fight thus forcing Luck to keep the pedal to the metal.

Just my two cents. But then the Steelers might throw for 5 TDs before calling it a day. :)

On 11/15/2016 at 2:33 PM, chad72 said:

Luck because when you do not have much resistance from a pathetic team like the Browns, LeVeon Bell and running starts to steal the show.

It won't be the case with Mariota still winging it and putting up a fight thus forcing Luck to keep the pedal to the metal.

Just my two cents. But then the Steelers might throw for 5 TDs before calling it a day. :)

Thanks, I tend to agree plus I'll also be watching Luck of course =)

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Daily ppr league:

I need a running back and can't decide between Le'Veon Bell vs. Cleveland or DeMarcus Murray vs. Indy.

I have to stay within the salary cap and can only afford one of these two since they're both expensive. 

Any ideas on who to choose?

Bell because Big Ben does get pass happy and always looks to Bell as a check down option and seems fine to throw for 5 yards than run for 5. Not the case with the Titans as much with Murray. James White scored twice as a pass catching RB vs Browns if I remember right.

My Super Team of

Cousins/Stafford

David Johnson/Ezekiel Elliot/Theo Riddick/Tim Hightower

Jordy Nelson/Mike Evans/John Brown/Rishard Matthews/Steve Smith Sr.

Greg Olsen

Cards D

Vinateiri

is now 7-4, no first round bye. Was a 43 point favorite and lost by 3 last night. So I got to be at the Colts game this weekend and see Vinateiri's streak broken in person and cost me 5 points and the win.

PPR flex option.

D. Booker vs KC

T. Sharpe @Chi

J. Landry vs SF

My gut says Sharpe even though he's projected less than landry.

Landry,

Sharpe has been widely inconsistent this season.

But look at his past few games as of late. His matchup is lots better as Chicago is terrible against the pass, allowing something like the 3rd most points to WR's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 *

15 hours ago, Narcosys said:

PPR flex option.

D. Booker vs KC

T. Sharpe @Chi

J. Landry vs SF

My gut says Sharpe even though he's projected less than landry.

I'd go with Booker. Mariota spreads it around and Jay Ajayi's emergence has reduced the passing game touches for all wide outs. I expect DT and Sanders to get a lot of attention leaving plenty of check down options for Siemian in the SNF game. Besides, if you want the close to sure bet to get a TD, Booker gets the nod more than anyone else.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

I have one for you guys. I have this dilemma in 2 leagues.

Derek Carr vs Carolina or Dak Prescott vs Redskins???

Both are traditional leagues with 4 pts for passing TDs, 6 pts for rushing TDs.

What did you choose?  Hope it was carr. 

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

What did you choose?  Hope it was carr. 

I chose Carr in 1 league and Prescott in a league where my opponent has Luck still in his line up, 8 out of 10 make the playoffs in that league, so Prescott was not as risky. :)

Daily ppr league: Seattle disappointed this week; I expected much more out of them. The team has had slow starts, but I thought that they would improve in the second half. I had Wilson, Rawls and Baldwin in lineups. All three totaled less than 20 points. I'm glad that I didn't have them in my other leagues. What is suppose to be a favorable matchup doesn't always work out.

Drew Brees came through in another league. He usually scores high in fantasy when NO plays at home.

I have a big matchup this week with @chad72 with a potential 1st round bye on the line (I need to win and outscore another player by 19 to pass in PF, or I win and he loses)

So that leaves the question (pick one):

Kenny Britt @ NE

Stefon Diggs VS DAL

I'm torn on this pretty bad, NE secondary is pretty good, but the rams should be down big and have to throw a lot, MIN vs DAL feels like a shootout in the making, but Diggs has been hurt, he is expected back this week.

7 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I have a big matchup this week with @chad72 with a potential 1st round bye on the line (I need to win and outscore another player by 19 to pass in PF, or I win and he loses)

So that leaves the question (pick one):

Kenny Britt @ NE

Stefon Diggs VS DAL

I'm torn on this pretty bad, NE secondary is pretty good, but the rams should be down big and have to throw a lot, MIN vs DAL feels like a shootout in the making, but Diggs has been hurt, he is expected back this week.

Ya that is tough.  With Geoff at QB, that's going to be a tough one to trust Britt. While I wouldn't trust Diggs anyways because he is so up and down.  Though I think Minnesota has the better QB to play and the better match up. Hard to trust a returning player, but if he is fully healthy, Diggs has the higher ceiling.

48 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Has anybody identified the defense that has the strongest matchups in playoff weeks? Trying to think ahead and grab now before the playoffs start.

Outside the usual suspects - Denver, Minn., KC that produce some points no matter what, I think you have to go for 2 weeks at a time at best.

I'd go with Dolphins if you want to use them for a few weeks - a deficient Ravens offense to start with this weekend, then a stumbling Cardinals squad at home, then at the Jets (Fitzpatrick would probably start turning it over more by then). That will get you through till week 15, then if you are in the championship game, Chargers or Patriots (at Cleveland or home to Jets). That is assuming they are still available. In a good competitive league, there is a good chance none of them are available.

In a traditional league that I have (4 pts for passing TD, -1 for INT, -2 for fumbles):

QBs: Carr, Prescott

WRs: TY Hilton, Sammy Watkins, Davante Adams, Kelvin Benjamin

RBs: Jordan Howard, Todd Gurley, Thomas Rawls, Latavius Murray

TE: Jimmy Graham

DEF: Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions

K: Cairos Santos

I am playing the #1 team in the league, am 7-5, it is a win and I am in scenario. I am going against Tom Brady, LeGarette Blount, Jeremy Hill, Michael Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Allen Robinson, Tyler Eifert, Justin Tucker and Minnesota defense. 

Thoughts???

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

In a traditional league that I have (4 pts for passing TD, -1 for INT, -2 for fumbles):

QBs: Carr, Prescott

WRs: TY Hilton, Sammy Watkins, Davante Adams, Kelvin Benjamin

RBs: Jordan Howard, Todd Gurley, Thomas Rawls, Latavius Murray

TE: Jimmy Graham

DEF: Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions

K: Cairos Santos

I am playing the #1 team in the league, am 7-5, it is a win and I am in scenario. I am going against Tom Brady, LeGarette Blount, Jeremy Hill, Michael Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Allen Robinson, Tyler Eifert, Justin Tucker and Minnesota defense. 

Thoughts???

Best lineup you can get is what you have in bold.

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Best lineup you can get is what you have in bold.

Thanks. The main reason the Raiders ran well enough was the absence of Luke Kuechly, IMO.  I'm going to see how Watkins' foot is and if Kuechly and their strong safety Coleman (both in concussion protocol, and I remember Coleman as an Eagle giving Austin Collie his first concussion, leads with helmet a lot) both miss the Seahawks game. If Watkins is not 100%, at home, might roll with Rawls.

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

Outside the usual suspects - Denver, Minn., KC that produce some points no matter what, I think you have to go for 2 weeks at a time at best.

I'd go with Dolphins if you want to use them for a few weeks - a deficient Ravens offense to start with this weekend, then a stumbling Cardinals squad at home, then at the Jets (Fitzpatrick would probably start turning it over more by then). That will get you through till week 15, then if you are in the championship game, Chargers or Patriots (at Cleveland or home to Jets). That is assuming they are still available. In a good competitive league, there is a good chance none of them are available.

Not available for me. I got the cards right now, one that I was thinking of was the Lions. They are like the last rated defense this week against NO but I see them as a pretty safe defense

PPR do I flex:

Theo Riddick, Tim Hightower, Steve Smith Sr, Sammy Watkins, Zach Ertz?

Also do I play Cousins or Stafford? I lost TWICE by less than 5 this year by playing Stafford over Cousisn but Stafford has a better matchup but I can see him screwing me again and I need to win and need one of two others to lose to get the bye.

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

PPR do I flex:

Also do I play Cousins or Stafford? I lost TWICE by less than 5 this year by playing Stafford over Cousisn but Stafford has a better matchup but I can see him screwing me again and I need to win and need one of two others to lose to get the bye.

PPR - I'd go with Steve Smith Sr. or Theo Riddick

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

PPR - I'd go with Steve Smith Sr. or Theo Riddick

Thanks, I have Rishard Mathews on bye so I think for the playoffs it's either gonna be him or Riddick.

I got David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot, Jordy Nelson, Mike Evans, and Greg Olsen, I'm favored but you never know.

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

PPR do I flex:

Dude, I lost by 0.74 one week and 0.18 the next week in my work league in weeks 6 and 7, talk about heart breaking. Hence I am fighting for a playoff spot at 7-5 there right now. I can only wish how one player could have altered those outcomes thus giving me a playoff spot by now (we have 3 teams at 6-6 and 2 at 7-5). Losing by less than 5 seems trivial compared to those losses of mine. TY catches one more pass in regulation against the Texans and I am in the playoffs now. Oh well!!! 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Dude, I lost by 0.74 one week and 0.18 the next week in my work league in weeks 6 and 7, talk about heart breaking. Hence I am fighting for a playoff spot at 7-5 there right now. I can only wish how one player could have altered those outcomes thus giving me a playoff spot by now (we have 3 teams at 6-6 and 2 at 7-5). Losing by less than 5 seems trivial compared to those losses of mine. TY catches one more pass in regulation against the Texans and I am in the playoffs now. Oh well!!! 

WOW, that's heart breaking! You should demand a recount lol

I'm currently 8-4.

2 losses from playing Stafford over Cousins (3 and 5 pt loss) - the 3 pt loss I could have had if AV made the field goal against Tennessee, a 5 point swing!

2 losses because players were late scratches because of sickle cell (7 and 12 points - John Brown and Ty Montgomery) - the odds this happened two weeks in a row after the rosters locked is astonishing. I had willie snead get 17 pts in the john brown 7 pt loss and Theo Riddick had 20+ in the montgomery loss.

Luckily the number 1 guy in my league has Gronk and his opponent this week has Bennett. If I win and him or another guy loses I got a bye. If I win and both lose I clinched 1st place in the final week - so far this is what is projected.

8 minutes ago, bababooey said:

WOW, that's heart breaking! You should demand a recount lol

I'm currently 8-4.

2 losses from playing Stafford over Cousins (3 and 5 pt loss) - the 3 pt loss I could have had if AV made the field goal against Tennessee, a 5 point swing!

2 losses because players were late scratches because of sickle cell (7 and 12 points - John Brown and Ty Montgomery) - the odds this happened two weeks in a row after the rosters locked is astonishing. I had willie snead get 17 pts in the john brown 7 pt loss and Theo Riddick had 20+ in the montgomery loss.

Luckily the number 1 guy in my league has Gronk and his opponent this week has Bennett. If I win and him or another guy loses I got a bye. If I win and both lose I clinched 1st place in the final week - so far this is what is projected.

Yeah, you try your best to play the odds. In the game I lost by 0.18, Hunter Henry was on a roll and I put him in over Jimmy Graham who scored less than the 1.6 Hunter Henry put up in regulation before leaving with a concussion but then the game went to OT vs the Cardinals, yeah the tie game. Graham ends up with 5.3, making me regret that decision till this day.

Sometimes, we overthink decisions and not place a line up you'd normally place chasing the hot player or hot match up. It happens even to experienced FF players. It works sometimes, it backfires more often than not in my experience.