Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

49 minutes ago, chad72 said:

At some point, a team is going to put up 20 points on the Vikings but that would have to happen with a pass rush and a possible turnover by the Vikings offense. I have a feeling it would be a closer game than people expect. Eli always goes the opposite way of what people expect from him because he is unpredictable. He will give you the bad Eli and good Eli tonight, I feel, it won't be all bad.

Vikings 24 Giants 17

Fine with me as long as it's all field goals for the Vikings and nothing to Sterling Shepard lol

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do I drop (just one for a bye week mandatory TE addition)? I want to take the risk of not having a kicker, is it wise? Can't hold them all :) 

QBs: Flacco, Carr

RBs: Gurley, Lacy, Latavius Murray, Christine Michael, Matt Jones, Jordan Howard

WRs: TY, Benjamin, Maclin, Mike Wallace

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Cairos Santos (will drop and add one, so push)

D/ST: NYJ (will drop and add one, so push)

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Who do I drop (just one for a bye week mandatory TE addition)? I want to take the risk of not having a kicker, is it wise? Can't hold them all :) 

QBs: Flacco, Carr

RBs: Gurley, Lacy, Latavius Murray, Christine Michael, Matt Jones, Jordan Howard

WRs: TY, Benjamin, Maclin, Mike Wallace

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Cairos Santos (will drop and add one, so push)

D/ST: NYJ (will drop and add one, so push)

Who's your worst producing player?

23 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Need one for Flex PPR.

L. Murray vs SD

M. Wallace vs Wsh

J. McKinnon vs Hou

Murray has been a disappointment, so I wouldn't use him. Probably the best one according to match ups is Wallace. He has become Flacco's "go to" guy, and Washington's defense isn't good. 

McKinnon is one to watch, though. He will play  a large part in Minnesota's offense and isn't a bad choice, either. But he might struggle in Houston's defense this week. 

10 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Murray has been a disappointment, so I wouldn't use him. Probably the best one according to match ups is Wallace. He has become Flacco's "go to" guy, and Washington's defense isn't good. 

McKinnon is one to watch, though. He will play  a large part in Minnesota's offense and isn't a bad choice, either. But he might struggle in Houston's defense this week. 

It's a huge week for me.  I'm 3-1, but this is the week I face my wife. She doesn't shut up when she beats me.  Even when she got 9th last year and I got 2nd.

19 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

It's a huge week for me.  I'm 3-1, but this is the week I face my wife. She doesn't shut up when she beats me.  Even when she got 9th last year and I got 2nd.

I'd go with McKinnon, guaranteed touches and yes, there is a small timeshare with Asiata but not like Murray has with Richard and Washington. Mike Wallace relies on home run balls thrown to him, it is very hit and miss especially now that Steve Smith Sr. is back in the fray for moving the chains.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Who's your worst producing player?

For a guy who has played all his weeks without a bye, Jeremy Maclin. But then, last year, the Chiefs went on a run after starting off 1-5. It is hard to gauge others because Lacy has been on a bye, Jimmy Graham was banged up, and Jordan Howard just started to get his feet wet.

It does come down to between Maclin and Wallace to me. Wallace does not get involved in moving the chains but Maclin does. It is really tough to predict what Maclin will do after the bye, and if Wallace will get more targets underneath as the Ravens' offense evolves.

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For a guy who has played all his weeks without a bye, Jeremy Maclin. But then, last year, the Chiefs went on a run after starting off 1-5. It is hard to gauge others because Lacy has been on a bye, Jimmy Graham was banged up, and Jordan Howard just started to get his feet wet.

It does come down to between Maclin and Wallace to me. Wallace does not get involved in moving the chains but Maclin does. It is really tough to predict what Maclin will do after the bye, and if Wallace will get more targets underneath as the Ravens' offense evolves.

Would Howard be least likely to get picked up? 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I'd go with McKinnon, guaranteed touches and yes, there is a small timeshare with Asiata but not like Murray has with Richard and Washington. Mike Wallace relies on home run balls thrown to him, it is very hit and miss especially now that Steve Smith Sr. is back in the fray for moving the chains.

I was thinking the same thing. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

What does the QB market look like in FA? I'd say it's safe to drop one of those QB, if say Carson Wentz or Ryan Tannehill is available.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

I wouldn't call a lock to get all the goal line work a small time share.

That's the risk you take with McKinnon & Asiata It's boom or bust.

8 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

What does the QB market look like in FA? I'd say it's safe to drop one of those QB, if say Carson Wentz or Ryan Tannehill is available.

I am thinking along those lines.

I have Derek Carr who is balling. Flacco, even in plus match ups does not have quite the ceiling Carr has, IMO. Yes, Wentz, Tannehill and Dalton are available, so I am sure when the bye week rolls around for Carr, I will find something. So, I am thinking of dropping Flacco at the last minute and picking up a kicker on game day.

6 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I wouldn't call a lock to get all the goal line work a small time share.

That's the risk you take with McKinnon & Asiata It's boom or bust.

TDs cannot be predicted. I feel Asiata's production comes more from TDs and McKinnon's production comes more from yards, the yards are the safer option. When there is a game with no RB TDs, there is a good chance McKinnon's production will be better.

Sooner or later, McKinnon will be rewarded with goal line touches as well. I saw it with Matt Jones of the Redskins. With the volume game, he eventually saw enough goal line carries, though it was vs the Browns. Volume is something you can chase, TDs are more risky to chase.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am thinking along those lines.

I have Derek Carr who is balling. Flacco, even in plus match ups does not have quite the ceiling Carr has, IMO. Yes, Wentz, Tannehill and Dalton are available, so I am sure when the bye week rolls around for Carr, I will find something. So, I am thinking of dropping Flacco at the last minute and picking up a kicker on game day.

That is the right move, it's what I would do.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

TDs cannot be predicted. I feel Asiata's production comes more from TDs and McKinnon's production comes more from yards, the yards are the safer option. When there is a game with no RB TDs, there is a good chance McKinnon's production will be better.

Sooner or later, McKinnon will be rewarded with goal line touches as well. I saw it with Matt Jones of the Redskins. With the volume game, he eventually saw enough goal line carries, though it was vs the Browns. Volume is something you can chase, TDs are more risky to chase.

Yea, you are right, but I don't see the goal line work leaving Asiata, AP has gone down with Injury a lot in the past few seasons and it's always been McKinnon gets the regular work, Asiata gets the goal line work, I don't see it changing any time soon.

22 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Need one for Flex PPR.

L. Murray vs SD

M. Wallace vs Wsh

J. McKinnon vs Hou

I would go McKinnon for ppr. Wallace is boom or bust, Murray is in a time share but masked the fact bc he scored a TD every week but last week he didn't.

PPR who should I flex:

Theo Riddick vs. PHI

John Brown @ SF

Zach Miller @ IND

In my other league I was offered Jordy Nelson for Brandin Cooks and Matt Forte. Forte might be injured and Cooks is on bye so he wants to wait a week til after Cooks' bye and to see if Forte is ok.

This league also awards points for hitting yardage milestones which I feel is easier as a receiver vs as a RB who receives and rushes. Julio had 62 points for me last week. Cooks had 40 pts on basically ONE play in week 1 then 13 then single digits (I swear Brees HATES Cooks and Snead), and Forte went 20, 30, and then single digits as well. Cobb has gone 13 and then single digits twice.

My other RBs are Gore, Riddick, Powell, and James White

My other WRs are Julio, Cobb, John Brown, Dorsett

TEs: Zach Miller and Martellus Bennett.

We have two flex spots. Would you do that trade?

On 10/3/2016 at 9:07 PM, bababooey said:

Not Lacy.

On 10/3/2016 at 9:21 PM, teganslaw said:

I agree; wouldn't go with Lacy. I don't trust him enough to do anything. 

I disagree. Lacy got 100 yards in his last game and the giants are depleted on defense plus mckinneon just ran for 80+ and a TD

I don't suppose anyone has a cure for this scenario:

Carson Palmer, out

Keenan Allen, IR

Kevin White, IR

Josh Gordon, suspended (I've already dropped him)

Thomas Rawls, out

Jimmy Graham, bye

Christine Michael, bye

TJ Yeldon, bye

Rashad Jennings, questionable...

By the way, we have 15 man rosters, play 10...and it's dynasty.

48 minutes ago, nburgmei said:

I don't suppose anyone has a cure for this scenario:

Carson Palmer, out

Keenan Allen, IR

Kevin White, IR

Josh Gordon, suspended (I've already dropped him)

Thomas Rawls, out

Jimmy Graham, bye

Christine Michael, bye

TJ Yeldon, bye

Rashad Jennings, questionable...

By the way, we have 15 man rosters, play 10...and it's dynasty.

I don't think you need Kevin White for your Dynasty, dude is looking more like a bust every day. Not sure I trust Rawls to get the reins back from MIchael either. Keenan Allen is another perennial injured player, and Yeldon & Jennings are boom/bust type players, with Jennings getting up there in age.

I think you might be in trouble. lol

I'm working on my leagues for this week, and have decisions to make. I'm tempted to add Matt Ryan and Julio Jones because Atlanta has been so hot lately. However, I need to stay within the salary cap, and since I'll never bench Antonio Brown, I'm limited in my running back positions. Should I go lower on running backs this week?

I don't expect Ryan and Jones to be as productive as last week since they play in Denver, but is it worthwhile to add them in any of my leagues? 

32 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I'm working on my leagues for this week, and have decisions to make. I'm tempted to add Matt Ryan and Julio Jones because Atlanta has been so hot lately. However, I need to stay within the salary cap, and since I'll never bench Antonio Brown, I'm limited in my running back positions. Should I go lower on running backs this week?

I don't expect Ryan and Jones to be as productive as last week since they play in Denver, but is it worthwhile to add them in any of my leagues? 

Julio yes

22 hours ago, bababooey said:

PPR who should I flex:

Theo Riddick vs. PHI

John Brown @ SF

Zach Miller @ IND

In my other league I was offered Jordy Nelson for Brandin Cooks and Matt Forte. Forte might be injured and Cooks is on bye so he wants to wait a week til after Cooks' bye and to see if Forte is ok.

This league also awards points for hitting yardage milestones which I feel is easier as a receiver vs as a RB who receives and rushes. Julio had 62 points for me last week. Cooks had 40 pts on basically ONE play in week 1 then 13 then single digits (I swear Brees HATES Cooks and Snead), and Forte went 20, 30, and then single digits as well. Cobb has gone 13 and then single digits twice.

My other RBs are Gore, Riddick, Powell, and James White

My other WRs are Julio, Cobb, John Brown, Dorsett

TEs: Zach Miller and Martellus Bennett.

We have two flex spots. Would you do that trade?

bump, also need to mention carson palmer is not playing tomorrow night.

46 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I don't expect the Atlanta offense having a ton of success against the denver d this week

11 minutes ago, slimebag said:

Kyle Rudolph vs. Houston or Hunter Henry @ Oakland?

I like Rudolph, veteran who has been getting better every week.including a TD last week. At home against a D that fell off after losing Watt. Henry is not a bad choice either but on the road vs. Oakland and coming off two losses in a row is tougher.

I'm thinking about benching Lamar Miller against the Vikings this week.   My only other option is Terrence west vs the redskins.   Miller has been pretty good this year,  But I think he will have some tough sledding against the vikes..  Thoughts?

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm thinking about benching Lamar Miller against the Vikings this week.   My only other option is Terrence west vs the redskins.   Miller has been pretty good this year,  But I think he will have some tough sledding against the vikes..  Thoughts?

I think that West is a better choice. The Redskins' defense isn't good, and with Forsett gone, West should get a number of carries. I'd go with him. 

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Miller hasn't been worth his draft position but he's still good for double digits, even against the Vikings he could still hit that in ppr. Higher risk/reward is with West though.

16 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Tough call, but I'd probably go with west, even with dixon returning from injury

23 hours ago, HeSoColt said:

16 team league, so you will understand the poor options for the flex...

If Antonio Gates does NOT play... would you start Hunter Henry or Dontrelle Inman in the flex?

Henry

On 10/6/2016 at 11:15 AM, slimebag said:

Kyle Rudolph vs. Houston or Hunter Henry @ Oakland?

Henry, I think Rudolph is injured too, might not play.