Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

Just continuing Jared Cisneros' tradition of starting and placing all FF related line up / trade etc. questions in one thread. 

We can use this thread to exchange questions with forum users regarding pretty much everything related to FF on a weekly basis.

Have fun with it!!! :)

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will start.

If Tajae Sharpe went undrafted in a league of mine, and I have Will Fuller and Kelvin Benjamin as other wideouts on my roster with the starters being Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall and Randall Cobb, who do I drop to make room for Sharpe? Or do I do nothing?

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I will start.

If Tajae Sharpe went undrafted in a league of mine, and I have Will Fuller and Kelvin Benjamin as other wideouts on my roster with the starters being Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall and Randall Cobb, who do I drop to make room for Sharpe? Or do I do nothing?

I would try to trade before dropping for Sharpe. If not then drop Fuller.

Have my other draft tonight. 10 team, third pick

Please rank these high end WRs in order for .5 PPR:

Jordy Nelson

Mike Evans

Keenan Allen

Brandin Cooks

I am taking Julio or OBJ at 3 overall (whoever falls to me), and am going to be using my next two picks to have a stacked WR corps.

I've found myself this year waiting on RBs for PPR because so many high end guys got injured last year and simply weren't worth their draft positions. I did take David Johnson in one league but I'm not passing up Julio. I found myself having RBs like Forte, Gore or Woodhead, Williams or Henry, Riddick or Ivory. So a very weak group but I am strong with WR and with two flex spots having three top WRs are huge.

14 hours ago, bababooey said:

Have my other draft tonight. 10 team, third pick

Please rank these high end WRs in order for .5 PPR:

Jordy Nelson

Mike Evans

Keenan Allen

Brandin Cooks

I am taking Julio or OBJ at 3 overall (whoever falls to me), and am going to be using my next two picks to have a stacked WR corps.

I've found myself this year waiting on RBs for PPR because so many high end guys got injured last year and simply weren't worth their draft positions. I did take David Johnson in one league but I'm not passing up Julio. I found myself having RBs like Forte, Gore or Woodhead, Williams or Henry, Riddick or Ivory. So a very weak group but I am strong with WR and with two flex spots having three top WRs are huge.

Evans

Allen

Nelson

Cooks

Unless jordy is 100% then he goes to number 1 for me

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Rawls vs fins

Decker vs Bengals

The easy choice would be rawls, but I'm concerned about what kind of workload he'll get and rather this whole split carry thing with Christian Micheal is legit

I'm still not sure Rawls is back to 100%, and the whole Christine Michael deal kinda runs me off. His workload is questionable, whereas Decker is the clear #2 receiver for the Jets. I'd say Decker is both the safest and highest upside player here, even against the Bengals.

25 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Gore has the higher floor, but Duke has the higher ceiling. I assume it's Duke and not David as David is clearly a #1

Yeah my same thinking...Gore was pretty consistent last year but Duke could end up with a much bigger workload. Thanks 

40 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Rawls vs fins

Decker vs Bengals

The easy choice would be rawls, but I'm concerned about what kind of workload he'll get and rather this whole split carry thing with Christian Micheal is legit

I'd still go with Rawls at home. Bengals are hard to pass on, IMO. Their secondary play tends to be real good. I remember having high hopes for Keenan Allen, the #1 wide out playing against the Bengals last year in the first 3 games, he fell flat, so keep in mind my bias. Bengals' D tends to wear down as the season goes on but they always are high flying starters in the initial few games.

The first game of the season is really a crap shoot, I have Christine Michael on my bench for that very reason because I wonder if Rawls gets the lion share if the game was close enough. If it is PPR, then yes, Decker. 

31 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I'm still not sure Rawls is back to 100%, and the whole Christine Michael deal kinda runs me off. His workload is questionable, whereas Decker is the clear #2 receiver for the Jets. I'd say Decker is both the safest and highest upside player here, even against the Bengals.

Rawls isn't on the injury report though and Michael has never exceled as a starter so I don't believe this whole split carry thing will last. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd still go with Rawls at home. Bengals are hard to pass on, IMO. Their secondary play tends to be real good.

The first game of the season is really a crap shoot, I have Christine Michael on my bench for that very reason because I wonder if Rawls gets the lion share if the game was close enough. If it is PPR, then yes, Decker. 

Rawls is listed as the #2 running back behind Michael this week.

50 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Injuried players always start in the back. I wouldn't put too much stock into that. 

Pete Carroll made the comment that Rawls was not 100% ready to play. You ask for information regarding fantasy and then discard it. OK. I will not give no more information to you.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pete Carroll made the comment that Rawls was not 100% ready to play. You ask for information regarding fantasy and then discard it. OK. I will not give no more information to you.

Where is this comment? All I've heard is whether he can handle the workload. He wasn't even on the injury report.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Rawls vs fins

Decker vs Bengals

I don't think Rawls is 100% AND he's not even ranked that high this week (Yahoo has him at like 5 points this week in ppr). Go Decker. Also, don't worry about christine michael they've been hyping him for years.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Abdullah is the starter though

Yes, he is projected to get less points in ppr though. According to Berry, Spencer Ware is a great play for this week. Lock him in and enjoy.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMRlovehate160908/matthew-berry-fantasy-football-picks-sleepers-busts-week-1

He also says Stafford is going to throw a ton on us and that we are going to get cootered.

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Yes, he is projected to get less points in ppr though. According to Berry, Spencer Ware is a great play for this week. Lock him in and enjoy.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMRlovehate160908/matthew-berry-fantasy-football-picks-sleepers-busts-week-1

He also says Stafford is going to throw a ton on us and that we are going to get cootered.

Someone from ESPN bashed the colts!?!?!?!? Color me shocked

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Someone from ESPN bashed the colts!?!?!?!? Color me shocked

ha, I do like him though as he's backs himself up with data and facts. He said he agrees w vegas that it would be high scoring and Stafford would throw against our depleted D with no pass rush. He's not wrong, I'm starting Stafford over Cousins.

8 minutes ago, bababooey said:

ha, I do like him though as he's backs himself up with data and facts. He said he agrees w vegas that it would be high scoring and Stafford would throw against our depleted D with no pass rush. He's not wrong, I'm starting Stafford over Cousins.

I'd def play Stafford over cousins. Much better match-up

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Where is this comment? All I've heard is whether he can handle the workload. He wasn't even on the injury report.

ESPN on player notes in fantasy football. I research this every day and only repeat what is said. What reason would I have to put out false info?

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

ESPN on player notes in fantasy football. I research this every day and only repeat what is said. What reason would I have to put out false info?

I do the same. Regardless, I'm playing Spencer ware instead of rawls

25 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Start Kelvin Benjamin @ Denver tonight?

I'd be afraid of the committee approach in KC, C West is practicing in full.

Heck no. It's his first game back from the ACL, he's probably gonna be on a snap count, and he's going up against the number one pass defense

Again with this run by committee garbage. So what do you suggest ware or rawls

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Decker is the safer option for sure, he was a huge target in the red zone last season, and I think that continues.

Langford is still a lock for touches, although they may be closer to T-Rich YPC.

I second decker. Jets always start the season strong

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Heck no. It's his first game back from the ACL, he's probably gonna be on a snap count, and he's going up against the number one pass defense

Again with this run by committee garbage. So what do you suggest ware or rawls

Dang, bad advice to start the season, lol.