Teddy Bridgewater suffers apparent nasty injury

RockThatBlue

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, danlhart87 said:

It is

i'd hold my breathe on that.  Ian Rappaport was also the one saying that his sources told him Mewhort had a torn ACL and was out......... so he's not been exact. 

But if it is an ACL, that's much better than a Patellar tendon or worse but then, why the ambulance for just an ACL?

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

i'd hold my breathe on that.  Ian Rappaport was also the one saying that his sources told him Mewhort had a torn ACL and was out......... so he's not been exact. 

But if it is an ACL, that's much better than a Patellar tendon or worse but then, why the ambulance for just an ACL?

Exactly what I was wondering, an ACL tear seems inconsistent with the situation. It may be something on top of it.

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. I am praying for the best but the news from everywhere is that it is very bad. Thankfully, I have the afternoon off; I would not have been able to work once I read this an hour or so ago.

Going to take a long walk in Central Park to clear my thoughts. 

Word is torn acl. According to other posters that was the best diagnosis to hope for. I hope you find this news better than alternatives and are able to go to work and be ok bro.

36 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Zimmer is going to speak soon. Might get a little more info.

He will speak at 5pm. I am almost home; so I will see the press conference. 

The news from reporters there is that Teddy was taken away in an ambulance from a trauma hospital. Sounds very serious.

I am hoping for the best. I am now more worried for his own future and quality of life than that of the Vikings' season. The team will be okay. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

He will speak at 5pm. I am almost home; so I will see the press conference. 

The news from reporters there is that Teddy was taken away in an ambulance from a trauma hospital. Sounds very serious.

I am hoping for the best. I am now more worried for his own future and quality of life than that of the Vikings' season. The team will be okay. 

Same here. That's why a torn ACL would be best-case scenario at this point. Missing the season would be a small price to save his career and long term health. Wait for the press conference and try not to worry NFL fan. Nothing you can do.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher said:

Now word is compound fracture !

Is that worse? Omg :yuk:

This is unfortunately what i thought it could be close to. My girlfriend said patellar tendon injury, but other people said this was a possibility as well. His leg could of snapped (lets hope not).

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So do I, a lot of ACL tears are non contact injuries, so I'd say it's 50-50. If they called an ambulance, the situation is serious. Hopefully he's fine. He's a good kid.

If an ambulance was called,  I'm guessing it's worse than an ACL tear

8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Now word is compound fracture !

Is that worse? Omg :yuk:

Yes would explain the players freaking out as well as the ambulance and trauma center. Depending on where it broke, if it clipped an artery , that's not a good thing. Compound means the bone broke into and broke the skin and muscle 

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is unfortunately what i thought it could be close to. My girlfriend said patellar tendon injury, but other people said this was a possibility as well. His leg could of snapped (lets hope not).

Depending on how it broke,  it could have torn the patellar. Again all depends on where and which bone broke

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Depends, he would still likely be out for the year but if its just a broken bone and no ligament/tendon damage its an easier surgery and shorter rehab. Think Paul George.

Wasn't Pauls a simple fracture though? 

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Same here. That's why a torn ACL would be best-case scenario at this point. Missing the season would be a small price to save his career and long term health. Wait for the press conference and try not to worry NFL fan. Nothing you can do.

Good advice Jared. Let's just wait & see what the X-rays & medical experts in Minnesota have to say first. 

I wish the best for him too NFLfan. Just think good thoughts & let's not even ponder Bridgewater's quality of life yet. Way too soon to go to worst case scenarios at this point. Let's see what we're dealing with exactly first or Teddy rather. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok good, I thought he had permanent knee damage from the situation. One year will hurt him, but he'll fully recover. Best outcome IMO.

The thing that blows about rehab though is this: The total isolation from your teammates as you heal from an ACL tear. It's almost like you become quarantined from your friends & co-workers as you heal & do physical therapy. I just feel miserable for the guy man. I truly do. It sucks. 

I've never played football before, but I've done enough physical therapy in my life to know how alienating therapy can be. Hang in there Teddy! 

Well, Zimmer did not share much information. He just said Teddy suffered "a significant knee injury" and he was currently sedated and getting an MRI. Vikings fans all around are upset and want to know the extent of his injury. We will have to wait for that. I will just assume it is season-ending. 

Vikings also released our long-time center John Sullivan. I will root for Sully wherever he goes. I hope and pray that he does not go to the Patriots. Lol.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Well, Zimmer did not share much information. He just said Teddy suffered "a significant knee injury" and he was currently sedated and getting an MRI. Vikings fans all around are upset and want to know the extent of his injury. We will have to wait for that. I will just assume it is season-ending. 

Vikings also released our long-time center John Sullivan. I will root for Sully wherever he goes. I hope and pray that he does not go to the Patriots. Lol.

Sometimes fans have to remember HIPPA laws cover players as well.   If Teddy is sedated he can't give consent to release specifics of the injury.   I'm guessing it's a compound fracture though.   Sucks for that kid,  I like him

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sometimes fans have to remember HIPPA laws cover players as well.   If Teddy is sedated he can't give consent to release specifics of the injury.   I'm guessing it's a compound fracture though.   Sucks for that kid,  I like him

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

i didnt think he'd have a lot, MRIs usually take an hour on the knee roughly, i think mine was right at that if i recall, then you have to get it read, which takes even more time, and assuming with who he is, the team orthopedic doctor will also be consulted.  I bet we'll hear more later tonight or in the morning.  Unless he's already in surgery, then you're looking at minimum 4 hours if its just a simple (as simple as it could be) ACL.  Not a doctor, just know from experience......

Mike Zimmer is a tremendous coach. No matter how many injury related press conferences I watch that sideline star players, there's always gotta be some reporter that asks a foolish question. Mike says to the journalists assembled there "we don't know the extent of Teddy's injury. I sent everybody home. Hopefully, we'll know more information tomorrow." 

"How long do you expect Bridewater to be out coach?" :facepalm:

I know the guy was just trying to meet a deadline & report something positive & all for his readers, but come on dude seriously?  

Zimmer was a consumate pro just like always though. 

23 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,  I appreciate that. I work in the industry and we have to adhere to privacy laws. Still, that does not take away the fans' desire for information. We know we have to wait, but we are concerned for him, more than we are for the season (at least at this time). We love the kid. This is awful.  

I worry that this might be similar to the Napoleon McCallum injury.

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

i didnt think he'd have a lot, MRIs usually take an hour on the knee roughly, i think mine was right at that if i recall, then you have to get it read, which takes even more time, and assuming with who he is, the team orthopedic doctor will also be consulted.  I bet we'll hear more later tonight or in the morning.  Unless he's already in surgery, then you're looking at minimum 4 hours if its just a simple (as simple as it could be) ACL.  Not a doctor, just know from experience......

Thanks. It helps to read this.

27 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How can you compound fracture your leg on a simple drop back? It takes a significant amount of force to sustain an injury like that. Not saying you're wrong it's just unbelievable to me. 

2 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

How can you compound fracture your leg on a simple drop back? It takes a significant amount of force to sustain an injury like that. Not saying you're wrong it's just unbelievable to me. 

Any one of us can sustain a compound fracture. It only takes 6-8 lbs. of pressure to break a bone if put in the right position. With the body weight either three of the leg bones can become compound.

It is amazing how strong and how much a human body can take but yet how fragile it can be put under the right circumstances.

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Any one of us can sustain a compound fracture. It only takes 6-8 lbs. of pressure to break a bone if put in the right position. With the body weight either three of the leg bones can become compound.

It is amazing how strong and how much a human body can take but yet how fragile it can be put under the right circumstances.

That's stupid. We need to evolve