Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teddy Bridgewater suffers apparent nasty injury

RockThatBlue

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Damn it I love seeing teddy get better I really hope it's not serious even got hI'm on my fantasy team. Hope everything is ok teddy!!!!

So do I, a lot of ACL tears are non contact injuries, so I'd say it's 50-50. If they called an ambulance, the situation is serious. Hopefully he's fine. He's a good kid.

Crap. Tough to hear. I hope he can make a full recovery....

Had him as my backup in FFB, already dropped him for Alex Smith.

i was looking forward to seeing him progress this year. Sucks to hear. I hate seeing so many guys go down!

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I really hope it's not serious even got hI'm on my fantasy team. Hope everything is ok teddy!!!!

I hope you're correct, but I fear you're not.  It apparently was a non contact injury, those are usually pretty serious.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So do I, a lot of ACL tears are non contact injuries, so I'd say it's 50-50. If they called an ambulance, the situation is serious. Hopefully he's fine. He's a good kid.

Yeah, I really like Bridgewater. Seems like a respectable person and a nice guy. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Usually ACL injuries are non contact, not always, but in a lot of cases. Seeing the situation, you're probably right. Feel bad for Teddy and Vikings fans.

If that's what it is they are screwed unless someone can play well enough for 16 games for them to still win.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan so sorry this has happened, hang in their my good friend. I don't get all of these non contact injuries. What the hell is going on??

From what I heard, he did a 5 step drop and just fell down with the injury. Didn't get hit or anything. Really curious what it was. Seems like a freak accident injury. It has happened a lot to players though.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Do they usually call an ambulance out for an ACL tear? I hope its not something worse.

The girl i was talking to said it's usually something worse. You can limp on a torn ACL, he couldn't walk. It's at least a torn ACL if it is, and if not, it's a different severe injury. Not sure yet though.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The girl i was talking to said it's usually something worse. You can limp on a torn ACL, he couldn't walk. It's at least a torn ACL if it is, and if not, it's a different severe injury. Not sure yet though.

Yeah, reports said Bridgewater just laid there. Couldn't even get up let alone walk. It sounds really bad.

Just now, NFLfan said:

It really is bad. I am praying it is not career-ending. I love that kid.  

Thanks for your thoughts, my friend.

I'm so sorry about this NFL Fan, I've never seen an ambulance get called in practice, in fact, I've only seen an ambulance a couple times watching football at all. I'm genuinely scared for him right now as this is unnatural and I don't know what to expect. Lets hope he didn't destroy his knee. My prayers are with Bridgewater.

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

@NFLfan hoping for the best, sorry to hear 

Thank you. I am praying for the best but the news from everywhere is that it is very bad. Thankfully, I have the afternoon off; I would not have been able to work once I read this an hour or so ago.

Going to take a long walk in Central Park to clear my thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It really is bad. I am praying it is not career-ending. I love that kid.  

Thanks for your thoughts, my friend.

I'm praying too. I hope its not similar to Marcus Lattimores injury a few years back. 

Anytime. I like him a lot. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm so sorry about this NFL Fan, I've never seen an ambulance get called in practice, in fact, I've only seen an ambulance a couple times watching football at all. I'm genuinely scared for him right now as this is unnatural and I don't know what to expect. Lets hope he didn't destroy his knee. My prayers are with Bridgewater.

Thank you. That is what everyone is talking about. Why the ambulance? I am going to go back to the Vikings site to see what Mike Zimmer has to say.

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I talked to a Viking friend of mine who is very upset right now, she said it could be a patellar tendon injury. I don't know if that would be better or worse than an ACL tear.

As someone who has torn both my acl and Patellar tendon, the patellar hurt ALOT more and took almost 2 full years before i was able to run on it again at full speed.  I still have trouble kneeling for long times or keeping my leg bent for long periods at certain angles.  I pray its not that for him.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

A torn ACL might be the best thing to hope for at this point. Players recover from torn ACLs all the time these days. Hopefully theres no nerve or ligament damage, thats when you know its bad.

This 100% I was just thinking this. At this point, there's a chance he could of destroyed his knee. An ACL tear would be much better than nerve or ligament damage. Something is off about this, and I have a bad feeling it's major, hope I'm wrong. He was just laying there, not moving though. It sounds too fishy to be an ACL tear.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

As someone who has torn both my acl and Patellar tendon, the patellar hurt ALOT more and took almost 2 full years before i was able to run on it again at full speed.  I still have trouble kneeling for long times or keeping my leg bent for long periods at certain angles.  I pray its not that for him.

Thanks for the info csmopar. I hope it's not either. That's something that can affect your career in a bad way, we shall see. Sorry you had to go through both.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks for the info csmopar. I hope it's not either. That's something that can affect your career in a bad way, we shall see. Sorry you had to go through both.

thanks.  it felt like someone was stomping on your man parts repeatedly and without relent when that patellar tore. The army has destroyed my knees but oh well, I manage.  And I dont have to dodge 250 lb Linebackers and 300 plus pound DT/NTs.  And an ambulance doesnt sound good, hope it was just precautionary.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

thanks.  it felt like someone was stomping on your man parts repeatedly and without relent when that patellar tore. The army has destroyed my knees but oh well, I manage.  And I dont have to dodge 250 lb Linebackers and 300 plus pound DT/NTs.  And an ambulance doesnt sound good, hope it was just precautionary.

Geez, sounds like it hurt. Anyway, it seems like an all or nothing situation. Precautionary because he couldn't walk, or major damage to the knee. No in between. We'll find out soon enough.

23 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm praying too. I hope its not similar to Marcus Lattimores injury a few years back. 

Anytime. I like him a lot. 

Just googled that injury.....better off not watching that. I hope it isn't that bad.