Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Castonzo "cuttable"?

Pacergeek

I'll bite...

Ignoring then the not insubstantial cap ramifications for cutting him. Let me ask you this OP. As a poster who's been scathing in your assessment of Grigsons ability to find lineman, are you really suggesting getting rid of our best player on the line and trusting Grigson to replace the 2nd hardest position in the sport to find outstanding talent at?!

I wonder if trolling Internet forums will soon be recognised as a premarker for potential serial killers...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I only meant the part about being a great leader, nothing I wrote had anything to do with the nice guy part or anything like that. I thought when I said the team's performance on the field, it spelled that out. That's the only place I judge Pagano is by the team's performance on the field. 

We'll just chalk that up to a miscommunication :)

8 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'll bite...

Ignoring then the not insubstantial cap ramifications for cutting him. Let me ask you this OP. As a poster who's been scathing in your assessment of Grigsons ability to find lineman, are you really suggesting getting rid of our best player on the line and trusting Grigson to replace the 2nd hardest position in the sport to find outstanding talent at?!

I wonder if trolling Internet forums will soon be recognised as a premarker for potential serial killers...

:dunno:  Image result for jokes about internet trolls

11 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'll bite...

I want Grigson to find someone that can challenge Castonzo if Anthony continues down the path he was on last year, which was bad play. If Constonzo allows multiple sacks vs Detroit, there should be consequences, and have a potential replacement on the roster. Someone that takes pride in playing and protecting the QB. See, AC can suck the first few games, and there will not be any consequences at stake. He can suck, and still have his job for the entire season. This, I don't agree with. Great coaches, like Arians and Belichick, would have the balls to bench AC if he continues to get beat every single game. Find someone that can get the job done. Not settle for mediocrity. 

56 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, such is the life of a Colts fan. Imagine what the Browns thread is like every year, lol!

Several of my best friends are Browns fans.  They're betting on if they'll have more wins than starting QBs.

At least they don't have "The Sky is Falling!" threads.  Their sky fell a long time ago.

Just now, Smonroe said:

Several of my best friends are Browns fans.  They're betting on if they'll have more wins than starting QBs.

At least they don't have "The Sky is Falling!" threads.  Their sky fell a long time ago.

RGIII might, and I say might, be ok this year. If he revives his career on the Browns, then it will be a huge blunder by the Redskins to pay so much for him and not have him anymore (even if Cousins works out, the RGIII picks would still be wasted). I'll say the Browns get 6-7 wins. It looks like they have a couple solid WRs now, and Gordon is coming back I believe after 4 games.

37 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

RGIII might, and I say might, be ok this year. If he revives his career on the Browns, then it will be a huge blunder by the Redskins to pay so much for him and not have him anymore (even if Cousins works out, the RGIII picks would still be wasted). I'll say the Browns get 6-7 wins. It looks like they have a couple solid WRs now, and Gordon is coming back I believe after 4 games.

7 wins would be a SuperBowl for the Browns.  I doubt RGknee will play seven games.

BTW, this thread should have ended after one post - the answer was NO.

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

I want Grigson to find someone that can challenge Castonzo if Anthony continues down the path he was on last year, which was bad play. If Constonzo allows multiple sacks vs Detroit, there should be consequences, and have a potential replacement on the roster. Someone that takes pride in playing and protecting the QB. See, AC can suck the first few games, and there will not be any consequences at stake. He can suck, and still have his job for the entire season. This, I don't agree with. Great coaches, like Arians and Belichick, would have the balls to bench AC if he continues to get beat every single game. Find someone that can get the job done. Not settle for mediocrity. 

That's why I think we should give Haeg a chance. Then maybe he could be a contender despite being a rookie. 

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Ignoring then the not insubstantial cap ramifications for cutting him

Your point is obviously well taken, but let's NOT ignore the very freaking substantial cap ramifications for cutting Castonzo. The Colts would be hit with an $18.2m cap hit for releasing him in 2016, $9.8m this year, $8.4m next year.

Add to that the fact that he's THE COLTS BEST OFFENSIVE LINEMAN, and this adds up to a very nonsensical premise, and an even worse thread topic.

Just now, Superman said:

Your point is obviously well taken, but let's NOT ignore the very freaking substantial cap ramifications for cutting Castonzo. The Colts would be hit with an $18.2m cap hit for releasing him in 2016, $9.8m this year, $8.4m next year.

Add to that the fact that he's THE COLTS BEST OFFENSIVE LINEMAN, and this adds up to a very nonsensical premise, and an even worse thread topic.

As I said, there should have been one response in this thread - NO.

But it is the preseason, so...