Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen missed last 2 practices cause of sore hip

RockThatBlue

I told you so. I told you so. This dude is made of glass, thin glass at that. Yet people couldn't understand why I wanted to keep Fleener instead of Allen.  Who cares if hes a better blocker when hes broken every other game. He can't even hold onto the ball. 

Yes, I realize he's just reported as "sore" right now but I bet he doesn't make it thru the season without missing at least 2 games due to that hip. 

I'm a long distance runner, I run 70+ miles a week. I've taken the past two days off due to a sore hip, I'm fine. There's no damage to my hip. Unfortunately like Dwayne Allen, I'm a human not a Terminator. Soreness happens. I'm also missing a toenail.

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What are our guys doing in the spare time? Some kind of Kumite or something (sarcasm). Every other day someone is injured. Never seen nothing like it.

Everytime I see the word Kumite, I think of this:

tumblr_m9yoz9ppsZ1qj88rjo1_400.gif

16 minutes ago, corgi said:

I'm a long distance runner, I run 70+ miles a week. I've taken the past two days off due to a sore hip, I'm fine. There's no damage to my hip. Unfortunately like Dwayne Allen, I'm a human not a Terminator. Soreness happens. I'm also missing a toenail.

But do you have a history of actual hip damage? 

37 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I told you so. I told you so. This dude is made of glass, thin glass at that. Yet people couldn't understand why I wanted to keep Fleener instead of Allen.  Who cares if hes a better blocker when hes broken every other game. He can't even hold onto the ball. 

Yes, I realize he's just reported as "sore" right now but I bet he doesn't make it thru the season without missing at least 2 games due to that hip. 

Shoulda just let them both go. Neither of them lived up to expectations really.

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

But do you have a history of actual hip damage? 

No, but didn't he injure true hip once? As far as I know he hasn't had any other issues with it. I did hurt my Achilles years ago and I have issues from time to time. 

This is another case of Grigson being a bad judge of talent and what is good for the team.

Anyone and their brother could see that Allen, as good as he is, is a walking infirmary.  You can't pin all your TE hopes for the season on a guy that has been hurt half of his time as a Colt.  

Bad bad planning. 

IMO they could have brought in a guy like Jared Cook, who I love and who is already tearing it up in GB, and they would have been fine.  More than fine.

4 hours ago, corgi said:

Whoa...Reading that made me break a sweat. I'm impressed Corgi. Really I am. 

Yeah, there is no need to push the panic button on Allen. Some people act like Glass is Dwayne's middle name. Chill. No worries. 

4 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Fleener didn't give much effort at times but keeping a injury prone player and paying him 30 million is ridiculous.

The only way Allen gets 30 Million is if he plays all four years.      And, at this rate,  he'll be lucky to play two years.   

The one thing no one can complain about are the contracts we've given out.    If Allen doesn't produce,  he'll be gone in two seasons,  not four,  and won't make anything close to $30 Mill.

The Colts do an excellent job on contracts.    One of the best teams in the NFL in this area.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

The only way Allen gets 30 Million is if he plays all four years.      And, at this rate,  he'll be lucky to play two years.   

The one thing no one can complain about are the contracts we've given out.    If Allen doesn't produce,  he'll be gone in two seasons,  not four,  and won't make anything close to $30 Mill.

The Colts do an excellent job on contracts.    One of the best teams in the NFL in this area.  

Yes.  I don't think enough credit is given for the structuring of contracts.  Especially incoming free agents. From the start, Grigs gave himself contracts that gave him favorable "outs" if free agents didnt work out:. This is very smart as we know most players that change teams dont have success like former team and are normally highly paid.  grigs has found ways to lessen blow on cap if we cut them in first couple years.  And we try to invest in players we have grown and thrrefore know well.

I think if the werner thing had worked out and the trent experiment worked or never happened, we'd all have a much different view of him.  Those were biggies, 1st rounders.  Other than that tho, i feel he's had a pretty good record overall of additions, especially the drafts.

don't we remember the team we fielded in 2011?  

10 hours ago, corgi said:

No, but didn't he injure true hip once? As far as I know he hasn't had any other issues with it. I did hurt my Achilles years ago and I have issues from time to time. 

the dude has injured pretty much ever section of his body since drafted...... he's a walking piece of glued together glass and never should have been paid. EVER.  But yet people here dont get that.  I said it then and I'm saying it now, you dont give a TE that kind of money when he can't stay on the field an entire season....... we've won more games without him then with him, no need for him.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's 2 seasons of wasted money, and at his rate, we MIGHT get 16 games combined out of those 2 years from him

12 hours ago, corgi said:

Achilles injuries suck....I am only 28 and I strained mine about two years ago and it still hurts off and on whenever I go to make a quick move playing basketball or something.  It is just like it never goes away.  I've heard the best way to heal it is true rest, but it would require a long time....Hope yours is doing better.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

the dude has injured pretty much ever section of his body since drafted...... he's a walking piece of glued together glass and never should have been paid. EVER.  But yet people here dont get that.  I said it then and I'm saying it now, you dont give a TE that kind of money when he can't stay on the field an entire season....... we've won more games without him then with him, no need for him.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

That's 2 seasons of wasted money, and at his rate, we MIGHT get 16 games combined out of those 2 years from him

:facepalm: Sore hip . . . A sore hip. This is your reaction to a sore hip. Good dear lord. Get a grip.

We get it. You never liked the contract and you don't like DA, but missing 2 practices to a sore hip does not make you justified. But, by all means, keep rooting for DA to get injured so you can say "I told you so. I told you so." and get pretend rep points on a fan forum.

29 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Achilles injuries suck....I am only 28 and I strained mine about two years ago and it still hurts off and on whenever I go to make a quick move playing basketball or something.  It is just like it never goes away.  I've heard the best way to heal it is true rest, but it would require a long time....Hope yours is doing better.

Yeah my injury was a pretty bad strain. Woke up and couldn't walk. At least a few times a year I wake up and it's really sore, but other than that it's pretty much back to normal.

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think if this were the regular season he'd play.  They keep you out for anything during the preseason.  I'm expecting he'll play against Detroit.

He's playing he's played at least 13 games every year but 1. It's a sore hip He played in the scrimmage vs Philly The board is really gone mad. Fleener could do two things consistently run and go down with first contact.

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

He's playing he's played at least 13 games every year but 1. It's a sore hip He played in the scrimmage vs Philly The board is really gone mad. Fleener could do two things consistently run and go down with first contact.

and drop wide open touchdown passes.

31 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

:facepalm: Sore hip . . . A sore hip. This is your reaction to a sore hip. Good dear lord. Get a grip.

We get it. You never liked the contract and you don't like DA, but missing 2 practices to a sore hip does not make you justified. But, by all means, keep rooting for DA to get injured so you can say "I told you so. I told you so." and get pretend rep points on a fan forum.

not at all, I HOPE and PRAY he proves me wrong. I really, honestly do.  However, I'm not going to ignore the facts on his injury history.  Besides, how many times in the Pag/Grig era have we heard the it's  just sore only to turn into multiple games, or the day by day phrase turn into week by week or month by month?  Tons.  I'm simply saying that you all best not be surprised to hear he's not available for games coming up

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

not at all, I HOPE and PRAY he proves me wrong. I really, honestly do.  However, I'm not going to ignore the facts on his injury history.  Besides, how many times in the Pag/Grig era have we heard the it's  just sore only to turn into multiple games, or the day by day phrase turn into week by week or month by month?  Tons.  I'm simply saying that you all best not be surprised to hear he's not available for games coming up

I believe that has happened 0 times.

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

consistently?  hardly lol.  that doesn't apply to either Allen nor Fleener.

Fleener dropped more than his fair share. He wasn't miles better than Allen like some folks would have you believe, he was hardly feet better than Allen if at all.

1 hour ago, corgi said:

Fleener dropped more than his fair share. He wasn't miles better than Allen like some folks would have you believe, he was hardly feet better than Allen if at all.

Fleeners drops were always blown way out of proportion. The majority happened in preseason aside from the one wide open guaranteed TD that he dropped against the redskins that people simply won't let go of. 

Neither fleener nor Allen have bad hands or consistent drop issues