RockThatBlue

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Would you try your hardest for that terrible team.

Quite frankly if he didn't try his hardest even if it was for a losing team, it would worry me.

I don't want players that stall if things aren't going their way.

Seems the Broncos have more pass rushers than they can keep.  I was watching the Broncos game replay yesterday and noticed a couple young guys they have. Specifically a guy named Dakota Watson.  He moved really well and he's got nice speed.  About Robert Mathis height and runs a 4.5 forty. I thought he was younger than what he was. He's 28 so not too shabby, but initially I thought he was a UDFA or something.   Looked pretty good out there.  Had 2.5 sacks against the Rams, and at least a half sack in every preseason game this year.  They've got some other guys as well so it might be worth picking from their stash. The other 2 guys had 2 sacks a piece against the Rams. Vontarrius Dora and Sadat Sulleyman are their names.

A Broncos outside linebacker unleashes a speed rush around the edge blowing past the left tackle and sacking an unsuspecting quarterback. He immediately leaps up and unveils a sack dance. Denver fans saw that a lot last season.

The immediate thought comes – was that Von Miller or Shane Ray? Neither. The numbers were close, but it’s a new addition to the Broncos pass rush family, Dekoda Watson, who took down Rams quarterback Jared Goff in the third quarter Saturday.

Watson’s story is unique. He’s a journeyman linebacker on his fifth NFL team headed into his seventh season. The Broncos saw an opportunity to transition him from an inside linebacker to an outside linebacker to show off his speed. He’s capitalized.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/28/dekoda-watson-vontarrius-dora-sadat-sulleyman-broncos-pass-rushers/

9 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If he is available after the cut down to 53, I'd give him a call and work him out to seee who he is now, and if he is a fit (better) than what is on the final 53.

he probably wont last that long, multiple teams are already lining up to bring him in

it looks like he might get more than just a vet minimum too

14 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Still better than Cole though. Cole honestly looks old and slow. Kruger is younger and a better player than Cole right now. He might not be a huge upgrade, but hes an upgrade regardless imo. As someone above posted, he had 54 pressures last year which is a pretty decent amount. 

As long as the contract isn't anything crazy, I think it would be a good signing.

I agree, long as the price is right

17 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Didn't he have only 2.5 sacks last season? For the people saying cut Cole, that's fewer than he had.

Not only that, but Cole has was one of the few bright spots on the D this past weekend.

With injuries at CB they'd be better off looking a K'Waun Williams.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I doubt they sign Kruger.  Just my gut

43m

Pagano on the rush linebacker: ?I think Trent (Cole) has played as good as he?s played since he?s been here."

Cole isn't good anymore he did nothing last year and now he is another year older and probably slower this year.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Cole isn't good anymore he did nothing last year and now he is another year older and probably slower this year.

Read the coaches comments.  He's kind of putting it out there where he's at with things if you read between the lines.  Doesn't seem to be in a rush to bring somebody in.  Not a huge Cole fan either, but I don't control anything.

Kevin Bowen@KBowenColts 4h4 hours ago

Pagano on the rush linebacker: “I think Trent (Cole) has played as good as he’s played since he’s been here."

Wow. Pagano seems to be perfectly happy with Trent Cole???

We have to have the worst group of pass rushers of all 32 teams. But the organization doesn't seem to be the least bit concerned with this sad cast of characters.

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Kevin Bowen@KBowenColts 4h4 hours ago

Pagano on the rush linebacker: “I think Trent (Cole) has played as good as he’s played since he’s been here."

Wow. Pagano seems to be perfectly happy with Trent Cole???

We have to have the worst group of pass rushers of all 32 teams. But the organization doesn't seem to be the least bit concerned with this sad cast of characters.

You could also read that quote as Pagano being disgusted with Cole.  Although I'm sure he didn't mean it that way.

But it is an ambiguous statement.

Pagano: pass rushers? Trent Cole doing well. Curt Maggitt interesting prospect. 'Piece of clay.'

How is it that Trent Cole is "doing well" as a pass rusher?

Has Cole even had one QB pressure the entire Pre-Season?

And to describe Maggitt as a "piece of clay" ???

Is he saying the guy is soft?

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Pagano: pass rushers? Trent Cole doing well. Curt Maggitt interesting prospect. 'Piece of clay.'

How is it that Trent Cole is "doing well" as a pass rusher?

Has Cole even had one QB pressure the entire Pre-Season?

And to describe Maggitt as a "piece of clay" ???

Is he saying the guy is soft?

No he's saying the guy can be "molded" into a quality football player with a little work.  He's got something to work with basically.  There's some potential there.

14 minutes ago, Gavin said:

People really need to come off this ridiculous thinking that Werner was not a scheme fit. That is not and was not ever the problem.

As far as Kruger goes, I would have to say that he would be the right "fit" for the Colts scheme.

He was outstanding as a pass rusher with the Ravens. Who run a very similar system.

Although, I cannot guarantee what he has left in the tank?

14 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

As far as Kruger goes, I would have to say that he would be the right "fit" for the Colts scheme.

He was outstanding as a pass rusher with the Ravens. Who run a very similar system.

Although, I cannot guarantee what he has left in the tank?

He's no more a fit than Werner was. Both fit. Werner was just a bad pass rusher with no moves and didn't have blazing speed around the edge. Kruger also doesn't have the pure speed of a Freeney, Mathis, Hughes. But Kruger has a couple moves

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

He's no more a fit than Werner was. Both fit. Werner was just a bad pass rusher with no moves and didn't have blazing speed around the edge. Kruger also doesn't have the pure speed of a Freeney, Mathis, Hughes. But Kruger has a couple moves

Kruger is stronger than Werner to me also.

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

I just remember, a couple years ago, when we played Baltimore, the Colts OL simply could not block Kruger.

He was constantly in our QB's face.

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

Kruger wasn't used in baltimore the way werner was here

4 hours ago, Gavin said:

People really need to come off this ridiculous thinking that Werner was not a scheme fit. That is not and was not ever the problem.

I'm sorry,  the guy was a 4-3 DE in college and most projected him as a 4-3 DE in the NFL.

We played him as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.     That's not an easy transition.    Most players don't make it.   Most aren't even asked to try to convert.

Why do you think it was not ever the problem?      I think there was a good argument that it was at least PART of the problem.       But you think otherwise?    Why?

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

So what was the problem? 

He didn't have a great first step and didn't have a refined set of pass rush moves. Also kep in mind he started only 16 games out of 48 games in 3 years as a Colt and was in a rotation and saw 71 pass snaps his last year as a Colt

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry,  the guy was a 4-3 DE in college and most projected him as a 4-3 DE in the NFL.

We played him as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.     That's not an easy transition.    Most players don't make it.   Most aren't even asked to try to convert.

Why do you think it was not ever the problem?      I think there was a good argument that it was at least PART of the problem.       But you think otherwise?    Why?

Because he also was allowed to have his hand in the turf/dirt as well here. He also stood up to at Florida State. He did nothing as a Colt that he didn't do at Florida State on the field. He just did more of some stuff here...Dropping back for instance. Remember Mike Mayock even said Werner would thrive in Paganos system. He was even described as being a flexible athlete in his draft profile. He  showed little to nothing regarding a swim move to get to the inside of a Tackle and didn't show a polished spin move

8 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Not only that, but Cole has was one of the few bright spots on the D this past weekend.

With injuries at CB they'd be better off looking a K'Waun Williams.

Yeah I was also hoping to land K'Waun Williams, but the Bears claimed him off waivers. He would of been a very nice addition to our secondary. Personally I think he could of beat out Butler for the starting nickel spot.

58 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh come on now, you know that's not true. :P

Some of the best OLBs in the NFL were DEs in common. Personally I'd say that more players make that transition than don't.