RockThatBlue

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I heard them talking about that possibility on JMV.  I was thinking the same thing, I'm not really sure.  I just don't flipping know with this team, haha.

With us you never know unfortunately. Unless this guy has some type of injuries we don't know about or bad knees, etc. I don't see why he wouldn't be a good pickup.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With us you never know unfortunately. Unless this guy has some type of injuries we don't know about or bad knees, etc. I don't see why he wouldn't be a good pickup.

Yeah I don't see how he wouldn't be a help at least but didn't the guy sign a pretty big contact a couple years back???

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Just cut by the Browns.

Obviously has ties to Pagano and Monachino.

Think the Colts take a look? Would it be a good signing if it happens?

It's a tougher question than I think most people realize. The numbers are hurting us right now, because of all the defensive back injuries. 

Let's say we keep:

Robert Mathis
D'Qwell Jackson
Erik Walden
Trent Cole
Sio Moore
Nate Irving
Antonio Morrison
Trevor Bates

And then we add Kruger. 

This means we have to cut:

Josh McNary
Curt Maggitt
Edwin Jackson
Earl Okine
Ron Thompson
Sarao, Anthony

And we have kept 9 linebackers in the past, but not with this many injuries at corner.

I would like for us to bring Kruger in, but it's very tough with the accumulated injuries at corner. We are already going to lose some young talent that we have developed, just because the numbers are not there. This is one more reason why the NFL should get rid of the practice squad and make the roster 60 or 65.

We need pass rushers. So far, this preseason, not one of our OLBs has shown squat.

Kruger would have to be an upgrade over the likes of Cole, Okine, Maggitt, Bates and Thompson.

And even our starter, Walden is nothing to write home about.

Face it. That is a sad group.

I say he would be a nice addition. If we lose Robert to injury (knock on wood) he would be able to take that pass rusher spot better than anyone on the roster. In the meantime just have him and Robert rotate in and out. He was put into a coverage role which isnt what he does best. Sign him and cut Cole. 

1 hour ago, ar1888 said:

I would be interested, but only if he clears waivers. 10 million on the books this year is way too much. 

I know someone mentioned he's too old, but even if so, it's a pass-first league, and they would gobble up all the pass rushers even if he would try to go through waivers.

23 minutes ago, ar1888 said:

Kruger was asked to drop into coverage 65% of his snaps last season. 

Interesting point. I guess he has a right to be upset then when he says he was used incorrectly.

46 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Didn't he have only 2.5 sacks last season? For the people saying cut Cole, that's fewer than he had.

Your correct his production was way down I believe he had 11 in 2014 , IMO give him a one year contract incentive laden & if he fails no harm no foul we need to get to the QB maybe he'll have a chip on his shoulder & want to prove he's not washed up defense needs help this is a no brainer he's worth a shot ..

52 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

We need pass rushers. So far, this preseason, not one of our OLBs has shown squat.

Kruger would have to be an upgrade over the likes of Cole, Okine, Maggitt, Bates and Thompson.

And even our starter, Walden is nothing to write home about.

Face it. That is a sad group.

So true 1959Colts.

I'm a die hard Colts fan but have to admit in liking the Browns as my sucky #2 team. I record and watch all their games after Colts game is over.  With that being said I can tell you Paul never played  up to his big contract BUT he would still be an upgrade on our team.  If we were to sign him he'd be our #3 or #4 olb. He's about on the same level as Cole as a pass rusher ( mabey a notch better) but he'd be the 2nd best olb at stopping the run.  He and Walden would be an awesome duo in definite run situations. He's about the same as Walden at stopping the run but definitely a better pass rusher than he.  As SDakColts mentioned K'waun Williams also got released from Browns and i can tell you he'd be a forsure starter in the slot, way better than Butler,  that dude can ball,  awesome slot corner!  not sure if we can afford these guys but they'd both be an asset to our team. 

24 minutes ago, achcolts said:

hes very regular for his price tag. he had 1 good non-contract year, 2014, thats about it. 

Still better than Cole though. Cole honestly looks old and slow. Kruger is younger and a better player than Cole right now. He might not be a huge upgrade, but hes an upgrade regardless imo. As someone above posted, he had 54 pressures last year which is a pretty decent amount. 

As long as the contract isn't anything crazy, I think it would be a good signing.