Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Browner cut by Seattle

bababooey

I realize we are short at CB, but, 32 years old and not good last year  On March 12, 2015, Browner signed with the New Orleans Saints.[11] In September, he was elected as one of the defensive team captains (along with Cameron Jordan).[12]Browner finished with 76 tackles and 1 interception.[13] Browner's year in New Orleans was not a successful one: he ended the season rated as one of the least effective cornerbacks in the league, and received more penalties for the season than any player in the league since this statistic began tracking in 1999.

2 minutes ago, FL Colts Fan said:

I realize we are short at CB, but, 32 years old and not good last year  On March 12, 2015, Browner signed with the New Orleans Saints.[11] In September, he was elected as one of the defensive team captains (along with Cameron Jordan).[12]Browner finished with 76 tackles and 1 interception.[13] Browner's year in New Orleans was not a successful one: he ended the season rated as one of the least effective cornerbacks in the league, and received more penalties for the season than any player in the league since this statistic began tracking in 1999.

Great insight.

5 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I get that. However I'd rather sign another unproven Corner rather than a proven bad Corner. I'd take my chances watching one of our young Corners develop

I would too but I think the good ones have roster spots for now, we will see what happens in the coming days 

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic but I actually wouldn't mind us signing Paul Kruger. He's only 30 as well.

Agreed. To be honest Cleveland didn't even use Kruger correctly last year IMO. He is a pass rusher yet spent a lot of time in coverage. Also, everyone notes that his sack totals dropped off, and that is correct, but so did his snap count. His snap count dropped to only 65% of Cleveland's defensive snaps. I think he is a player to kick the tires on as I think he can provide a solid pass rush option.

4 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

Agreed. To be honest Cleveland didn't even use Kruger correctly last year IMO. He is a pass rusher yet spent a lot of time in coverage. Also, everyone notes that his sack totals dropped off, and that is correct, but so did his snap count. His snap count dropped to only 65% of Cleveland's defensive snaps. I think he is a player to kick the tires on as I think he can provide a solid pass rush option.

Yes, if we signed him that would actually be something to get excited about.

I'd rather go after Keenan Lewis along with Paul Kruger. Pagano can turn Keenan's career around, he has seen him play against the Ravens several times. If Pagano can give Darius Butler some life, he can do so with Keenan too as long as he gets a clean bill of health.

13 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Browner probably got flagged for 3 holding penalties on his way out of the Seahawks' complex.  I wouldn't bother with him

Got 2 interference penalties on his way to the airport as well.

In full agreement.  Why would we want to sign the most penalized DB in the league?