Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Notable Cuts around the NFL

Jact.stark

5 hours ago, krunk said:

The Broncos sure have a lot of confidence in their defense with this Simien move.  I think it's too much confidence.  Seems kind of Kyle Bollerish to me, and the Ravens found out the hard way about that one.  Defense can't continuously carry the load.

He's the only one who was in the offense last season...

The players know him well and he's got a better offensive line than they had last year

Siemien did play in the Big-10 and played well

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SDakColts said:

Hey!!    Those are FACTS!!       People here prefer opinions.      We don't have much need for facts.    They just clutter things up and get in the way of a good opinion.

Be careful where you use those......       they could get you into trouble!

Just now, oldunclemark said:

He's the only one who was in the offense last season...

The players know him well and he's got a better offensive line than they had last year

Siemien did play in the Big-10 and played well

Anderson is gonna get a work load this year

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Anderson is gonna get a work load this year

Saw the game against the Rams and CJ looks good..as did their rookie back

Kubiak doesnt want to throw the ball 35 times..like Peyton did...its just not his style..

...he wants a turnover free game manager and I think Siemien can be that...

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ahhhh.......    ehhhhh........      ummmmm.....       Slip out when they needed him most?     They offered him $64 Mill.     Houston paid $72 Mill.      It's not like Denver didn't offer a market value contract.

Oh,  and one last thing....    that team that shouldn't surprise you at this point (lol) all they did was win the Super Bowl with perhaps the worst QB play in the 50 year history of the SB.    

Welcome back to Colts.com!!      Good luck this year!

They alienated the guy by putting him on the bench just because Manning made an obscene gesture during a film session lol. Taking the guy who's been at the wheel for your team and putting him on the bench when it's playoff time will upset any typical player. Thanks for the welcome back though! I'd say we've gone long enough without football and controversy. It's time for slinging pigskin again! 

15 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

They alienated the guy by putting him on the bench just because Manning made an obscene gesture during a film session lol. Taking the guy who's been at the wheel for your team and putting him on the bench when it's playoff time will upset any typical player. Thanks for the welcome back though! I'd say we've gone long enough without football and controversy. It's time for slinging pigskin again! 

Not Posting this to dis Brock but I cant see how anyone can feel alienated being replaced by Peyton Manning considering Peyton was the starter in the first place. It's only opinion but I am certain the Patriots beat the Broncos if Brock plays instead of Peyton. Peyton play Good against the Patriots and set the tone with 2 early TD passes getting his Defense the lead. He didn't turn it over all game either. I understand the Broncos beat the Pats in the Regular Season with Brock but the Regular Season and Playoffs are 2 different animals. The 3 or 4 Patriots fans that were Posting on here prior to Peyton returning were hell bent on wanting Brock to keep playing, I wonder why? Anyway good luck this season, looking forward to the competitive Division play coming up.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not Posting this to dis Brock but I cant see how anyone can feel alienated being replaced by Peyton Manning considering Peyton was the starter in the first place. It's only opinion but I am certain the Patriots beat the Broncos if Brock plays instead of Peyton. Peyton play Good against the Patriots and set the tone with 2 early TD passes getting his Defense the lead. He didn't turn it over all game either. I understand the Broncos beat the Pats in the Regular Season with Brock but the Regular Season and Playoffs are 2 different animals. The 3 or 4 Patriots fans that were Posting on here prior to Peyton returning were hell bent on wanting Brock to keep playing, I wonder why? Anyway good luck this season, looking forward to the competitive Division play coming up.

Brock got overpaid.   Good for him.   I have no problem seeing these guys make big bucks.   The fact of the matter is he went to the highest bidder,  bottom line.  In four years he will be out of the league

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So you think Patriots fans opinions of Manning are reasonable now? :P Jk to all the Patriot posters out there. 

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Brock got overpaid.   Good for him.   I have no problem seeing these guys make big bucks.   The fact of the matter is he went to the highest bidder,  bottom line.  In four years he will be out of the league

You said the same about Robert Griffin. 

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At that point Brock was playing better then Manning was and it was obvious to everyone.

Probably felt like he got screwed over for Manning's legacy.  

Brock is completely within his rights to sign with the team that offered him the most money and a fresh start.  

11 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

At that point Brock was playing better then Manning was and it was obvious to everyone.

Probably felt like he got screwed over for Manning's legacy.  

Brock is completely within his rights to sign with the team that offered him the most money and a fresh start.  

Brock was lucky he got benched because he would've been ran over by New England and his worth would've took a hit. He should count his lucky stars he was benched so he it kept teams in the dark on how good he is. If anyone thinks he would've beat the Patriots with the AFC Title game on the line than they need check their Football IQ. The Patriots wouldn't of feared him at all and I also think Brock would've had some Turnovers, etc. JMO's

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brock was lucky he got benched because he would've been ran over by New England and his worth would've took a hit. He should count his lucky stars he was benched so he it kept teams in the dark on how good he is. If anyone thinks he would've the Patriots with the AFC Title game on the line than they need check their Football IQ. The Patriots wouldn't of feared him at all and I also think Brock would've had some Turnovers, etc. JMO's

Yeah Peyton didn't play very well in the game either.  All Brock had to do was just avoid turnovers and focus on super safe passes.

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

Yeah Peyton didn't play very well in the game either.  All Brock had to do was just avoid turnovers and focus on super safe passes.

Peyton played really well in that first half with 2 TD passes early to set the tone. He got his Defense the lead. Tom Brady wasn't losing to Brock Oz with a SB on the line. Not Turning it over is easier said that done, especially playing the Belichick led Patriots. I guess we disagree but it's cool.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brock was lucky he got benched because he would've been ran over by New England and his worth would've took a hit. He should count his lucky stars he was benched so he it kept teams in the dark on how good he is. If anyone thinks he would've beat the Patriots with the AFC Title game on the line than they need check their Football IQ. The Patriots wouldn't of feared him at all and I also think Brock would've had some Turnovers, etc. JMO's

You don't know that for sure. Everyone thought Manning would light up the Seattle defense in the SB and we see how that turned out. 

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

You don't know that for sure. Everyone thought Manning would light up the Seattle defense in the SB and we see how that turned out. 

Of course it's just an opinion but I think even most non Colts/Broncos fans would agree with me. Expecting a QB that played very little in his career to beat a team like the Patriots in a Championship Game who has been there several times is asking a lot.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course it's just an opinion but I think even most non Colts/Broncos fans would agree with me. Expecting a QB that played very little in his career to beat a team like the Patriots in a Championship Game who has been there several times is asking a lot.

But he beat them during the regular season. It's not impossible to imagine him doing it again in the playoffs, at home. He wasn't a rookie. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic, but BREAKING NEWS: Teddy Bridgewater seriously injured in practice today. Not sure what the injury is yet. SMH, anything can happen!

Left knee, non contact injury.  Not good.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have actually always liked RG3, playing for the Browns doesn't do him any favors though. I never thought he would be better than Andrew but the guy is talented.

Very talented. I thought he would be the talk of the NFL for years after he got drafted. Unfortunately for him, things haven't gone that way. Hopefully at least one of those receivers the Browns drafted and Gordon can help him rejuvenate. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic, but BREAKING NEWS: Teddy Bridgewater seriously injured in practice today. Not sure what the injury is yet. SMH, anything can happen!

He was seen being put in an ambulance. Very scary. Wishing the ole' chap the best and a healthy recovery.

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He hasn't started yet,   And how many games has he started since 2013?  

Bad qbs start all the time.   We learned that the year manning was hurt

I agree. Painter was terrible. You know what they say about tanking, though. Lol. 

Colts release...............hey wait a minute.  We don't have an significant or even "name brand" players we can afford to release.

I wouldn't mind us kicking the tires on Knighton until Art Jones actually wakes up from the dead.  I'd rather play youth at Kruger's position b/c our OLB's have an average age of around 34 years old.  They will be NFL social security eligible by our bye week.

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It's being reported that the Ravens have cut Bronson Kaufusi, who they took in the 3rd round of this year's draft.  Not sure what's going on with him, but he was liked by a lot of people leading up to the draft.  I wouldn't mind taking a look at him.

He actually got injured and was put on IR

Can't believe the Titans let go of David Cobb.  Well on second thought they do have a bit of a crowd at RB.

titans-35.png  Titans | David Cobb let go    Tue Aug 30, 04:07 PM

Tennessee Titans RB David Cobb was waived Tuesday, Aug. 30.

Footballguys view: The Titans backfield was jam-packed with the free agent addition of DeMarco Murray and the second-round selection of Derrick Henry this year. Cobb is an instinctive runner but he lacks the quickness or burst to be a successful pro back. He was competing with Antonio Andrews and Bishop Sankey for a low spot on the depth chart.

Link to story
David Cobb player page

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Can't believe the Titans let go of David Cobb.  Well on second thought they do have a bit of a crowd at RB.

titans-35.png  Titans | David Cobb let go    Tue Aug 30, 04:07 PM

Tennessee Titans RB David Cobb was waived Tuesday, Aug. 30.

Footballguys view: The Titans backfield was jam-packed with the free agent addition of DeMarco Murray and the second-round selection of Derrick Henry this year. Cobb is an instinctive runner but he lacks the quickness or burst to be a successful pro back. He was competing with Antonio Andrews and Bishop Sankey for a low spot on the depth chart.

Link to story
David Cobb player page

I noticed that too.  I liked Cobb before the draft.  Could be an interesting pick up

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I noticed that too.  I liked Cobb before the draft.  Could be an interesting pick up

A couple people liked him on this forum.  2015 was rough for him though.

Low YPC around 2.5.  Not sure what the issue was.

On August 29, 2016 at 6:28 PM, UKColt13 said:

Don't like Knighton anymore. His play has dropped since a lot since he was in Denver.

Kruger I'd look at though.

Potroast fell off because he was able to eat more potroast after his big contract. Big guys don't last long in this league once age and weight take over.