Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Notable Cuts around the NFL

Jact.stark

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pot Roast got released because he's not holding up in the run game anymore.  I figured Kruger was going to get released.  Kruger is kind of old right now, but he did get 11-14 sacks in 2014 I believe.  Not sure what he's got left.

Unless we are really desperate I'd prefer to pass on guys who couldn't even make the 75 man roster.

I'd be more interested in Kruger then Pot Roast but the fact that he didn't even make the 75 man roster is pretty telling.  There is a pretty good chance he's done.  

I just think they wanted to get rid of Kruger because they have young guys they like and want to get playing time.  Kruger may still have something left. Not that I'm panning for us to pick him up or anything.   Just think it may have been a matter of coaching preference.

22 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Unless we are really desperate I'd prefer to pass on guys who couldn't even make the 75 man roster.

I'd be more interested in Kruger then Pot Roast but the fact that he didn't even make the 75 man roster is pretty telling.  There is a pretty good chance he's done.  

Browns just changed their entire football staff. I'm surprised Kruger made it past May. I think he's still serviceable, but I'm not hot for him.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The way it sounds he will be traded or released soon

Well this is the same team that groomed a QB for four years and then let him slip out when they needed him most. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point lol. 

12 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Well this is the same team that groomed a QB for four years and then let him slip out when they needed him most. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point lol. 

He is terrible.   If they want someone to tutor young guys,   There are better options sitting at home who they can sign.

Also,  They didn't let Os slip out the door,   The Texans just paid well above what the Broncos felt he was worth

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is terrible.   If they want someone to tutor young guys,   There are better options sitting at home who they can sign.

Also,  They didn't let Os slip out the door,   The Texans just paid well above what the Broncos felt he was worth

After giving this guy all the reps the past few months? Yeah, they could've cut him a long time ago and brought someone else in.

No, Elway wanted Brock. Badly. There was no way he was going back to the Broncos, though. The money was just a bonus. 

Just now, QwizBoy said:

After giving this guy all the reps the past few months? Yeah, they could've cut him a long time ago. 

No, Elway wanted Brock. Badly. There was no way he was going back to the Broncos, though. The money was just a bonus. 

If the Broncos offered more,  He would be a bronco

The Broncos sure have a lot of confidence in their defense with this Simien move.  I think it's too much confidence.  Seems kind of Kyle Bollerish to me, and the Ravens found out the hard way about that one.  Defense can't continuously carry the load.

2 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I doubt it. He's the most experienced guy they have. They should at least keep him to tutor the young guys. 

I thought he should start since they wouldn't have a qb with 1 regular season snap on their roster but if he is being outplayed by a practice squad guy from last year and they are grooming a rookie to start what purpose does he serve. The kicker here is they would save 3.5 million dollars by cutting him...and most importantly a conditional draft pick to the eagles from the trade for him. So he is as good as cut at this point I fully believe.

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

If the Broncos offered more,  He would be a bronco

You would think so but I am not sure he would of. Qwiz has a point because I think there is a possibility he didn't want the pressure in following Peyton's footsteps and just wanted a fresh start. It takes a special QB to want to take on the challenge of following a legend like Andrew has but it's not for everyone and tough to do mentally. Rodgers loved the challenge as well following Favre.

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691151/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trimming-to-75-players

Sergio Brown is available again.  Geoff Schwartz and Andrew Gardner are two people to look at, but both have had injury problems recently.

Our current gunner is terrible, if Sergio still has the hops, bring him in, IMO.

5 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Ahhhh.......    ehhhhh........      ummmmm.....       Slip out when they needed him most?     They offered him $64 Mill.     Houston paid $72 Mill.      It's not like Denver didn't offer a market value contract.

Oh,  and one last thing....    that team that shouldn't surprise you at this point (lol) all they did was win the Super Bowl with perhaps the worst QB play in the 50 year history of the SB.    

Welcome back to Colts.com!!      Good luck this year!