Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Texans: Has anyone else been following them this year?

JPFolks

22 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

You're right. I have been here long enough to know better. That's why you haven't seen me post much the past few months. You know I have to chime in every once in a while though, to give a few people a reality check. I'm not really irritated or angry because of course this is a Colts forum. I still expect at least a certain degree of logic or consistency here. 

Well I am picking the Texans to go 9-7 so IMO I think I have decent logic. I am not saying you don't think I do in particular and I only responded to your Post earlier the way I did because you quoted me about the ignorance of the thread. No harm, no foul. I have always enjoyed our chats and you should be hopeful as your Roster is really better than the Colts overall. The QB play for each team could still determine who wins the Division though.

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well I am picking the Texans to go 9-7 so IMO I think I have decent logic. I am not saying you don't think I do in particular and I only responded to your Post earlier the way I did because you quoted me about the ignorance of the thread. No harm, no foul. I have always enjoyed our chats and you should be hopeful as your Roster is really better than the Colts overall. The QB play for each team could still determine who wins the Division though.

Oh, definitely. How Andrew performs against Watt and co. and the same for Brock against the Colts will be the biggest factor. I'm not discounting the Jaguars either, but if recent history tells us anything, it will come down to us. 

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Oh, definitely. How Andrew performs against Watt and co. and the same for Brock against the Colts will be the biggest factor. I'm not discounting the Jaguars either, but if recent history tells us anything, it will come down to us. 

Our head to head games will probably determine the Division. I know you hope you can sweep the Jags, same here regarding the Colts but we may split with them.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Our head to head games will probably determine the Division. I know you hope you can sweep the Jags, same here regarding the Colts but we may split with them.

Yeah Jacksonville will surprise a few teams this season. I like what Blake and the Allens look like on offense, and they are certainly taking the right steps defensively. Who would've thought lol. 

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah Jacksonville will surprise a few teams this season. I like what Blake and the Allens look like on offense, and they are certainly taking the right steps defensively. Who would've thought lol. 

After losing 51-16 to them last season I know anything can happen. For some reason the Colts have always struggled against the Jags even when Peyton was here. The season we won the SB they beat us 44-17 and rushed for 375 Yards. Almost comical.

I always said last year that Brock had a lot of potential to be good. And no it was not "she wants to bash Peyton" kinda stuff either even though many had blinders on to how the backup behind Peyton was more then adequate. I really really DID like how Brock looked at times and the guy has a great arm. He had his issues with a few games clearly and some bad moments (particularly in a few divisional games) and has work to do now being young and on a new team. But, I cringed hard when he signed with Houston. AFC South has 4 young QBs now with a lot of potential which is worrying to some degree.

Houston will be better at QB, period. You can't get much worse then they were last year there. They had Brandon Weeden for crying out loud in their game vs. us and they won. I am very interested to see their rematch with the Chiefs early in the season since Kansas City is another very very underrated team heading into the season who is solid on both sides of the ball and I think KC could be a legit SB contender with how the AFC currently looks. Keep in mind you don't always need to have the golden boy QB, Manning is gone now and Brady is the only one really left in the AFC with the super glossy elite resume. Big Ben is always hurt too. We might head into a direction in the AFC where strong defenses with "good enough" QBs get by, like the Ravens in 2012.

I have this strange hunch Houston could be an 11-5 type of team if they stay out of major injury holes but I would not bet money on it either with how recent history has been. But, I believe Houston has been 9-7 the last few years, all it would take is a few breaks for them to increase to say 11-5.

This isn't all based on preseason either, Houston had a good defense LAST YEAR and actually shows up to play strong defense at times. Brock also looked solid to me at times LAST YEAR and might only get better. Now you combine it all and Houston has more potential at times then Colts fans might often want to admit out loud. The Houston coaching staff is underrated too at times managing all these woeful QBs and injuries.

Of course not saying the Colts can't win the division either but our o line leaves a lot to be desired and the secondary can be a joke.

This isn't the old days with Manning/Dungy where 12-4 was a natural given right almost.

Narcosys mentioned the Titans being good. I have not paid as much attention to them and always figured they might be a year or two away. But, they have nowhere to go but up too.

The Jags baffle me, they have a lot of pieces that spell out "good team" but have never been able to put together this consistent win streak. Once a year though they give us fits. Last year they had a shot and then lost some game to the Chargers killing their chances, thats why the Jags baffle me.

Overall the AFC South is not going to be easy maybe as years past. The QB situation is getting better and the Colts are a little behind in this development around Luck as a team. I think Luck looks terrific right now and healthy, but seeing him knocked around on the field etc. worries me greatly.

Folks need to remember, Brock is not a rookie coming out of college from a spread offense.  He was in Denver, under Kubiak, behind Peyton Manning, in a Real NFL Offense.  Now Kubes O was more of a run what I call, dictate to the Defense system.  O'Brien's is going (eventually) be more like the Pats- an Alert, Check with me, calling out the Mike, etc... type offense.  Brock is still learning new system/language... but he's no rook either.  Creative blitz schemes etc... come out in the regular season, rarely in the pre-season.

23 hours ago, King Colt said:

How is it preseason when for two quarters your starters are playing?  Based strictly on the first three preseason games the Texans will beat the Colts, the Jags and the Titans this year simply because they are better in talent and coaching. Osweiller was 11 for 13 with two perfectly thrown balls dropped. Solid D will contribute heavily and barring injuries they will get better as the season progresses The Texans HC is a winner and has built a contender. They played inspired ball against the Cardinals, a team that many say will be in the Super Bowl when both team had their starters in even though Carson went out when he got his bell rang but recall what Carson did against the Panthers last year in the NFC playoff game.

Exhibition games are completely and utterly meaningless as predictors for future success.  Did the Eagles win the Super Bowl last year?  No?  Well how can that be.....they were the best team in the NFL during the preseason;  Sam Bradford was playing at an MVP level.

If any of you think that the level of preparation, intensity, focus, mindset, effort for both players and coaches is even remotely the same for a preseason game as it is for a regular season game, I don't know what to say to you.

7 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Exhibition games are completely and utterly meaningless as predictors for future success.  Did the Eagles win the Super Bowl last year?  No?  Well how can that be.....they were the best team in the NFL during the preseason;  Sam Bradford was playing at an MVP level.

If any of you think that the level of preparation, intensity, focus, mindset, effort for both players and coaches is even remotely the same for a preseason game as it is for a regular season game, I don't know what to say to you.

How about fighting for your professional career or fighting for your dream you have held since childhood? No one is saying they are the same but meaningless applies only to the fact they don't factor in to the regular season standings. I don't go out of my way to watch them but you better believe all the team employees and players do.

19 hours ago, Jules said:

I always said last year that Brock had a lot of potential to be good. And no it was not "she wants to bash Peyton" kinda stuff either even though many had blinders on to how the backup behind Peyton was more then adequate. I really really DID like how Brock looked at times and the guy has a great arm. He had his issues with a few games clearly and some bad moments (particularly in a few divisional games) and has work to do now being young and on a new team. But, I cringed hard when he signed with Houston. AFC South has 4 young QBs now with a lot of potential which is worrying to some degree.

Houston will be better at QB, period. You can't get much worse then they were last year there. They had Brandon Weeden for crying out loud in their game vs. us and they won. I am very interested to see their rematch with the Chiefs early in the season since Kansas City is another very very underrated team heading into the season who is solid on both sides of the ball and I think KC could be a legit SB contender with how the AFC currently looks. Keep in mind you don't always need to have the golden boy QB, Manning is gone now and Brady is the only one really left in the AFC with the super glossy elite resume. Big Ben is always hurt too. We might head into a direction in the AFC where strong defenses with "good enough" QBs get by, like the Ravens in 2012.

I have this strange hunch Houston could be an 11-5 type of team if they stay out of major injury holes but I would not bet money on it either with how recent history has been. But, I believe Houston has been 9-7 the last few years, all it would take is a few breaks for them to increase to say 11-5.

This isn't all based on preseason either, Houston had a good defense LAST YEAR and actually shows up to play strong defense at times. Brock also looked solid to me at times LAST YEAR and might only get better. Now you combine it all and Houston has more potential at times then Colts fans might often want to admit out loud. The Houston coaching staff is underrated too at times managing all these woeful QBs and injuries.

Of course not saying the Colts can't win the division either but our o line leaves a lot to be desired and the secondary can be a joke.

This isn't the old days with Manning/Dungy where 12-4 was a natural given right almost.

Narcosys mentioned the Titans being good. I have not paid as much attention to them and always figured they might be a year or two away. But, they have nowhere to go but up too.

The Jags baffle me, they have a lot of pieces that spell out "good team" but have never been able to put together this consistent win streak. Once a year though they give us fits. Last year they had a shot and then lost some game to the Chargers killing their chances, thats why the Jags baffle me.

Overall the AFC South is not going to be easy maybe as years past. The QB situation is getting better and the Colts are a little behind in this development around Luck as a team. I think Luck looks terrific right now and healthy, but seeing him knocked around on the field etc. worries me greatly.

"she wants to bash Peyton" - sure it was haha (sarcasm) but why I have no idea being a Colts fan. I have never seen you say 1 good thing about Peyton. Brock had 0 chance of beating the Patriots in a Championship Game but keep telling yourself he did (sarcasm). They will be 9-7 IMO but we will see, that's what makes the world great everyone has their own opinions and it's fun that way. It would be boring otherwise.

7 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

I agree 100%

On August 29, 2016 at 0:22 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's better than Hoyer, Mallett, and Weeden haha so Texans fans are celebrating already because being slightly better than those 3 will bring in plenty of Rings.

Whether he is better than Hoyer is debatable. 

On 8/29/2016 at 0:15 PM, braveheartcolt said:

Brock looked decidedly average last season, he even got benched. Now, all of a sudden he's Joe Montana after a score of preseason snaps. Call me Mr Tibbs, but I'm not shaking in my boots just yet.

me niether.  Thing is, how good does he have to be ? I mean lets be honest, Texans have probably the best D in our division, at least on the surface. So if they can keep games low scoring(under 21 points), then Brock just has to game manage.  But that's a lot of ifs.  I'm not shaking either though.

I think lost in all this is that O'Brien is a good coach.  Probably the best in the division.  Going 9-7 the last two years shows he can coach up a team and over achieve.  I think he makes the difference.  Osweiller really doesn't have to be that good, add in the group of skill position players and the increased speed on that side of the ball, O'Brien will get more production on that side of the ball than last year, that is why I think they are a pickem with the Colts this year for the division.

2 hours ago, jradMT said:

I think lost in all this is that O'Brien is a good coach.  Probably the best in the division.  Going 9-7 the last two years shows he can coach up a team and over achieve.  I think he makes the difference.  Osweiller really doesn't have to be that good, add in the group of skill position players and the increased speed on that side of the ball, O'Brien will get more production on that side of the ball than last year, that is why I think they are a pickem with the Colts this year for the division.

What are you using to gauge 'a good coach'? Pagano has a better record than him, so how are you working out he is better? Just curious.....

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

What are you using to gauge 'a good coach'? Pagano has a better record than him, so how are you working out he is better? Just curious.....

I would say good in that both years the team has overachieved expectations especially considering the qb situation, having a winning record with what 7 different qb's? no small feat.  I know the defense is very good, but O'Brien has and staff have schemed their * off frankly to cover up the qb deficiencies.  Also I would throw in that under O'Brien over the last two seasons, the team plays very disciplined football.  Limits the stupid mistakes, the turnovers, the penalties,  +17 in the TO ratio in his two years.  Just from the outside the team seems to be focused and on the same page.  There's usually a clear direction and things are done a certain way.   Its hard to say that since Arians left Pagano has over achieved, I think a lot would argue the opposite.  I think the players love him. However, the teams just doesn't seem to be as disciplined in their play and their doesn't seem to be a clear direction all the time. -10 in the TO ratio the last two years.  You can't lay it all on Pagano of course.  That's just the kinda sense I get from afar.  Its more than record its getting the most out of the team,  keeping the play disciplined and minimizing the unforced errors.

On 8/29/2016 at 6:38 AM, JPFolks said:

Game planning doesn't make one on one coverage any tighter and either you can place the ball or not.  You can argue pressure versus no pressure in terms of game planning, but making really good throws when under pressure and putting the ball where only you're guy can get it is a universally good measure of throwing talent and he demonstrated that.  

Have you been watching them all preseason?  Has he shown skills or not?  I mean plenty of people say ad nauseam that preseason means nothing, so I will put you in that camp.  But plenty of people can't even handle these opportunities without being game planned against (and Game 3 there IS game planning compared to games 1, 2 and 4).  

So has anyone watched them closely to see how Osweiler has performed so far? I think James has covered the Preseason is meaningless contingency.   

he has an o line that can protect now so doesnt hold onto the ball to excess like last year , he gets a solid pocket to throw from

of course they have to give him same pocket in season

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 0:15 PM, braveheartcolt said:

Brock looked decidedly average last season, he even got benched. Now, all of a sudden he's Joe Montana after a score of preseason snaps. Call me Mr Tibbs, but I'm not shaking in my boots just yet.

Have I mentioned how much I have missed you?

On 8/29/2016 at 0:35 PM, krunk said:

Games still need to be played big bro.  I remember when the Texans offense was on a tear when Shaub was the QB and their defense was sacking everything that moved under the guidance of Wade Phillips.  Some of it is kind of similar to what they've got going on now.  I remember they brought Devier Posey(kind of similar to the role they want for Braxton miller), Keyshawn Martin(to stretch the field a la Will Fuller) and whoever that other guy was they brought in.  They were all brought in with the design of helping out Andre Johnson from double teams.  Same way they are now trying to help out Deandre Hopkins.  Their running back was better than what they've got now as they had a healthy Arian Foster.   We won 1 out 2 in that matchup and our personnel was way worse across the board just about.  The one game that they did win wasn't even a blow out.  We battled all the way down into the 4th quarter.  I think we'll be alright against them, gotta play a little bit better than what we've been doing but I think we've got a very good shot at the W.  The competiton is not our problem.  We get in our own way and that's what needs to be cleaned up.

There's no doubt that historically we have owned the Texans.  When you never lose a home game in history until last year with your QB out, you own the other team, especially since we won a lot of games at their place too.  But as the NFL players often say, every team is different and it's a new year.  I think they broke the mental disadvantage by finally beating us at our place, something that had to be an endless frustration for them.  

As we've seen plenty of times, not the least of which is what happened to Romo and Bridgewater, you barely know what team you'll be playing or playing with as each game comes up.  I know that I feel a little better about going to MN without Bridgewater, not because he's amazing, because he isn't. but because they're going to be using someone, at best, like Glennon or Hoyer or the back up they have (or perhaps Mannion from the Rams if they don't keep 3 QB's because he's actually looked solid this preseason) and Luck compared to any of those guys has the advantage to overcome their home field advantage.   Green Bay... that's a whole different story.  So bottom line, we're all guessing and this is just a banter until something real starts happening. .  

On 8/30/2016 at 6:34 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"she wants to bash Peyton" - sure it was haha (sarcasm) but why I have no idea being a Colts fan. I have never seen you say 1 good thing about Peyton. Brock had 0 chance of beating the Patriots in a Championship Game but keep telling yourself he did (sarcasm). They will be 9-7 IMO but we will see, that's what makes the world great everyone has their own opinions and it's fun that way. It would be boring otherwise.

Believe it or not, I show a lot of old videos to people I know who are not Colts fans to show them how good we once were, which includes Peyton Manning.

I even go off at times on the Ravens divisional game in early 2007.....which was not Peyton's "best game on paper" but I thought he played clutch as hell in it.

I have tons of good memories of the old days with the Colts with Manning and the old guys. Sometimes I don't go off on it though either since I think at times back then I took all that winning for granted as well. And it can be depressing as well since I never realized how smoothly run this team was and what an automatic 12-4 season felt like without even thinking twice about it. Every year for a long time it was automatic, we would go at least 12-4.....thinking back that boggles my mind!!!!

As for the current AFC South, anything can happen to the 4 teams. I see potential actually in all 4 to do something very good or become a disaster.

The one I have not thought close enough about is the Titans......but sometimes I wonder if I overly ignore them.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Believe it or not, I show a lot of old videos to people I know who are not Colts fans to show them how good we once were, which includes Peyton Manning.

I even go off at times on the Ravens divisional game in early 2007.....which was not Peyton's "best game on paper" but I thought he played clutch as hell in it.

I have tons of good memories of the old days with the Colts with Manning and the old guys. Sometimes I don't go off on it though either since I think at times back then I took all that winning for granted as well. And it can be depressing as well since I never realized how smoothly run this team was and what an automatic 12-4 season felt like without even thinking twice about it. Every year for a long time it was automatic, we would go at least 12-4.....thinking back that boggles my mind!!!!

As for the current AFC South, anything can happen to the 4 teams. I see potential actually in all 4 to do something very good or become a disaster.

The one I have not thought close enough about is the Titans......but sometimes I wonder if I overly ignore them.

I was just messing you that is why put sarcasm behind what I was saying. You know me well enough by now to know I didn't mean anything by my Post haha. Yes it was a great time when 12 wins were automatic and yes the Division is going to be tougher this season I agree. I cant wait to see how it all unfolds. If we end up stinking, then maybe Irsay will bring in a new GM or Coach and we will get a high Draft pick as well. That is the only positive way to look at something like that. I still like our chances of winning the Division though until I see the Jags improve on the field and Brock Oz pan out. We know what we have Luck at least.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was just messing you that is why put sarcasm behind what I was saying. You know me well enough by now to know I didn't mean anything by my Post haha. Yes it was a great time when 12 wins were automatic and yes the Division is going to be tougher this season I agree. I cant wait to see how it all unfolds. If we end up stinking, then maybe Irsay will bring in a new GM or Coach and we will get a high Draft pick as well. That is the only positive way to look at something like that. I still like our chances of winning the Division though until I see the Jags improve on the field and Brock Oz pan out. We know what we have Luck at least.

I have to get used to seeing Brock called "Oz".

I think I am most torn on the Jags/Titans though. Who are they?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I kind of like that nickname for Brock. I have seen a few players call him Oz on tv actually. Oz was an American Pie too. Oz Striker LOL.

I havn't paid a bit of attention to him to be quite honest.

My only interest outside of the Colts was to follow Peyton and watch him finish his career, and totally honest about it from the get-go.     

Back on board, 100% Colts all the way now.  Really hoping this is a great year for Andrew and the start of many more 12+ wins every year.   

5 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I havn't paid a bit of attention to him to be quite honest.

My only interest outside of the Colts was to follow Peyton and watch him finish his career, and totally honest about it from the get-go.     

Back on board, 100% Colts all the way now.  Really hoping this is a great year for Andrew and the start of many more 12+ wins every year.   

I haven't watched any Texans games in the Pre-season either. Just a few highlights. I have us going 10-6 and winning the Division for What its worth but I have been wrong before. I don't put much stock into Pre-season so the other night didn't bother me. I wish we would cut down on the penalties though, those are frustrating no matter the importance of the game.

If the Texans win the division (and I'm not saying they will) it will be because they believe they can win it. Professional players know good football playing, good coaching, and good management. When it all comes together, good things happen. They also know when that isn't happening. Just wearing a T-shirt with the word "Believe" on it isn't enough.

44 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

If the Texans win the division (and I'm not saying they will) it will be because they believe they can win it. Professional players know good football playing, good coaching, and good management. When it all comes together, good things happen. They also know when that isn't happening. Just wearing a T-shirt with the word "Believe" on it isn't enough.

But ya Gotta Believe to begin with, then follow through.    You only fail when you quit trying.

On 2016. 08. 29. at 0:38 PM, JPFolks said:

Game planning doesn't make one on one coverage any tighter and either you can place the ball or not.  You can argue pressure versus no pressure in terms of game planning, but making really good throws when under pressure and putting the ball where only you're guy can get it is a universally good measure of throwing talent and he demonstrated that.  

Have you been watching them all preseason?  Has he shown skills or not?  I mean plenty of people say ad nauseam that preseason means nothing, so I will put you in that camp.  But plenty of people can't even handle these opportunities without being game planned against (and Game 3 there IS game planning compared to games 1, 2 and 4).  

So has anyone watched them closely to see how Osweiler has performed so far? I think James has covered the Preseason is meaningless contingency.   

Have you seen Philly in last season's preseason? Sam Bradford looked like a seasoned franchise QB, made every throw possible, producing off the charts stats, along with rookie WR Nelson Agholor. And then came the regular season, Bradford became who he is, and Angholor was an afterthought.

Last year Denver played the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Osweiler was on fire in the first half, threw 200+ yards, 2TD, looked like an elite QB. Then came half time, Pittsburgh defense made their adjustments. They started blitzing, made some changes in their front 7. And Osweiler became a different player. He's been completely neutralized by a not-so-good defense. He threw stg like 30 yards, and Denver couldnt make a single 1st down in the entire second half. And that game wasnt an exception, that was the pattern. Osweiler usually started strong in his 7 game starting tenure, then got worse and worse towards the end. He was good till the original game plan, and pre-scripted plays worked, then he started to struggle as opponent defenses adjusted. I remember that someone from an opponent team (cant recall who was it, maybe Woodyard of Oakland?) told the media after the game, that they didn't know much about Osweiler, so they've been caught by suprise in the beginning, but as the game went on, they figured out him, learned his habits, where he looks, how he moves, and by the second half, they KNEW what he was going to do, before the ball was snapped. And these were only players adjusting their own game. Not coatching, scheme adjustment from the sidelines or the booth, etc.

All in all, you cant judge a player by preseason performance. You can see if the player has the necessary basic skills, and thats it. Thats what preseason games are for. So yes, Osweiler can throw the ball, no doubt. But Hoyer can throw it too. Or Fitzpatrick.  Or Sam Bradford. But this doesnt mean they are any better than a backup caliber. Its possible, that Osweiler will find his place there and learn all he still needs to learn and will become a decent QB. Or he won't. We will see. (Honestly, watching him for 4 years in Denver, and watching all his 7 games as a starter, I'm skeptic. But thats just me, he can prove me wrong.)

10 hours ago, Gramz said:

But ya Gotta Believe to begin with, then follow through.    You only fail when you quit trying.

I guess my point is you really have to believe, not just wear the T-shirt. To believe, you must have reasons to believe. It's easy to lose faith if behind the statements,  there is "no there there".

2 hours ago, CoachLite said:

I guess my point is you really have to believe, not just wear the T-shirt. To believe, you must have reasons to believe. It's easy to lose faith if behind the statements,  there is "no there there".

Of course.   I believe in our team, and really hoping they can prove the naysayers wrong.

On 8/31/2016 at 11:32 AM, jradMT said:

Best in the division ? he had 1 win more than the Colts in our off year & the Colts  11-5 the prior year IMO that hardly makes him the best when the Colts sucked he's 1 game better . 

The Texans have been better than the Colts only when Manning was injured 2011 & Luck was injured 2015 outside of that they were owned . There defense has always been pretty good the only difference now is a new QB who had 7 starts & I believe 11 Td's  he's proved nothing he's just another over hyped QB .

When Peyton Manning started in 98 it took him several years to just reach the playoffs Luck did it each year going further each year until injury I expect great things in his future & very lil from Osweiler , 

The Texans are not the team that will give the Colts real problems it will be the Jags & Titans but having Andrew Luck & the receivers we now have I believe we have a good chance just as good as if it were Peyton Manning out there , Yes the line has been an issue yes running the ball has been an issue , nothing new there it has been for a long time yet we find ways to WIN .

We watched Captain Comeback & the Cardiac Colts do some unbelievable stuff we watched Peyton Manning take our team after several failed attempts to the playoffs & Andrew Luck has from day one,The Colts  performed really good with him,  without him 8-8 we are on the path that we were once on with 18 , 12 will get-r-done believe in the blue you won't be disappointed the Colts will start out as the underdog & finish the season as the TOP DOG .

17 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Best in the division ? he had 1 win more than the Colts in our off year & the Colts  11-5 the prior year IMO that hardly makes him the best when the Colts sucked he's 1 game better . 

The Texans have been better than the Colts only when Manning was injured 2011 & Luck was injured 2015 outside of that they were owned . There defense has always been pretty good the only difference now is a new QB who had 7 starts & I believe 11 Td's  he's proved nothing he's just another over hyped QB .

When Peyton Manning started in 98 it took him several years to just reach the playoffs Luck did it each year going further each year until injury I expect great things in his future & very lil from Osweiler , 

The Texans are not the team that will give the Colts real problems it will be the Jags & Titans but having Andrew Luck & the receivers we now have I believe we have a good chance just as good as if it were Peyton Manning out there , Yes the line has been an issue yes running the ball has been an issue , nothing new there it has been for a long time yet we find ways to WIN .

We watched Captain Comeback & the Cardiac Colts do some unbelievable stuff we watched Peyton Manning take our team after several failed attempts to the playoffs & Andrew Luck has from day one,The Colts  performed really good with him,  without him 8-8 we are on the path that we were once on with 18 , 12 will get-r-done believe in the blue you won't be disappointed the Colts will start out as the underdog & finish the season as the TOP DOG .

Don't forget 2012, 3 of 5 south titles.  Half the people here wanted Pagano gone last year.  thats not the point,  Obrien runs a tighter ship, the team plays much more disciplined, and the team didn't fall apart when several qbs went down.  Completely different teams between luck and Peyton during the good years.  It remains to be seen whether Pagano and Luck etc are Manning and Dungy or Manning and Mora