Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Judon

One rule of thumb for fans......

Don't read too much into pre-season stats.      You don't know who he was facing.    The 1's, 2's or 3's.

I think the Colts had a big DE a few years back....   he picked up a number of sacks....  and we traded him to Dallas for a 7 and no one ever heard from this guy again.

I'm guessing his name was Cesar Reyford?     Does that sound familiar to anyone?      Am I confusing the name with someone else?       Either way,   the point remains....      Judson may be good.....     maybe.

But don't bet too much on that just yet.....    things change when the NFL changes from pre-season to the regular season.......

Just saying.....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

One rule of thumb for fans......

Don't read too much into pre-season stats.      You don't know who he was facing.    The 1's, 2's or 3's.

But don't bet too much on that just yet.....    things change when the NFL changes from pre-season to the regular season.......

Just saying.....

I expected to see this thread after he got Tolzen for a 10 yard loss in the 3rd quarter of our game with the Ravens. He had got Webb in the 4th the game prior then Orluvsky  14 mins into the 3rd the Ravens last game. 

He is behind Suggs and Smith on the depth chart I don't see that changing. It'll be close just depends on how many they keep. Ochi is going to be cut another popular predraft name 

Yep. And yes its preseason, but mark my words. Judon is going to be a very good EDGE rusher for Baltimore. I wanted him so bad. Had him in almost all my mock drafts in the 5th-6th range. Lets hope Grigson was right for taking Haeg, Morrison, etc. I don't remember what round they all went, but I know Judon was available when at least 1 of those 2 were picked. But yeah. I think Judon will end up being a double digit sack EDGE rusher by his 2nd or 3rd season.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Yep. And yes its preseason, but mark my words. Judon is going to be a very good EDGE rusher for Baltimore. I wanted him so bad. Had him in almost all my mock drafts in the 5th-6th range. Lets hope Grigson was right for taking Haeg, Morrison, etc. I don't remember what round they all went, but I know Judon was available when at least 1 of those 2 were picked. But yeah. I think Judon will end up being a double digit sack EDGE rusher by his 2nd or 3rd season.

Haeg went in the 5th 155th player picked. Our pick I liked least was Morrison in the 4th making him the 125th player taken. I saw him go undrafted in some mocks. NFL.com had him a 7th - proirity FA. I was surprised.

There were a lot of options on the board at 125 I do recall that. Judon was one of them Ravens took him 21 players later the 146th player picked.  I was hoping for D. Hall CB or Robinson CB LSU I liked Judon and RB Dixon there as well.  

9 hours ago, akcolt said:

Haeg went in the 5th 155th player picked. Our pick I liked least was Morrison in the 4th making him the 125th player taken. I saw him go undrafted in some mocks. NFL.com had him a 7th - proirity FA. I was surprised.

There were a lot of options on the board at 125 I do recall that. Judon was one of them Ravens took him 21 players later the 146th player picked.  I was hoping for D. Hall CB or Robinson CB LSU I liked Judon and RB Dixon there as well.  

I liked Rashard Robinson too.

I really liked him predraft.

I don't see the Ravens giving him up easily since they are in need of younger edge rushers. They're already gambling on Dumervil and Suggs returning to form. 

If if by some miracle he gets cut, I'd take him. Although if I remember right his injury history is pretty extensive.