Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else worried about this season?

BProland85

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too concerned. Now, if we have to roll with the same group of CB's we had Saturday, I might change my stance.

As long as we get all of our secondary on the field (minus Vontae and Geathers), I think we can hold down the fort. Hopefully by week 2 we'll have Henry, Langford, Geathers, and Mewhort back out there. Then we can put this pre-season behind us.

13 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Really this couldn't have gone here?  Or do we need 16 separate threads for "are you worried about week X"?

I was hoping for a "Anyone worried about the 4th preseason game?" thread.

Just now, Cynjin said:

I was hoping for a "Anyone worried about the 4th preseason game?" thread.

just wait, some clown will post it.....

OH MY GOD THE SKY IS FALLING, QUICK LET'S TRADE AWAY ALL OUR PLAYERS FOR 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICKS EACH, THEN TRADE THOSE PICKS PLUS LUCK PLUS OUR PICKS FOR THE ENTIRE COWBOYS OLINE, FIRE BOTH COACHES AND PUT PEYTON MANNING AS QB, DC, OC, HEADCOACH, GM, PRESIDENT AND KING.

There, I think I summed up all the panicked bandwagoners pretty well.

14 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

If it makes you feel better I believe the Lion's starters also played pretty horribly in their "rehearsal" game this past weekend. Stafford was atrocious and is having trouble adjusting sans Calvin Johnson. So there is that going for our boys.

With our injuries I think we caught a break playing a team at home that isn't very good. Having said that I am not taking any game for granted either.

For those who hate 'doom and gloom' posts, did it occur to you that it could be related to how the Colts play? If the Colts showed that they have a solid O-line -- one that could consistently produce running lanes, and protect Luck, there wouldn't be doom and gloom posts.

If the Colts could stop with the stupid penalties, there wouldn't be doom and gloom posts.

If the Colts had a solid pass rush, .......etc.....

If the Colts had a solid secondary....etc....

...and so on and so forth.

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

Really this couldn't have gone here?  Or do we need 16 separate threads for "are you worried about week X"?

This fan base takes preseason way too serious. Yes, we clearly are not a perfect team, but some of these people need to get a grip. You'd think we are already out of playoff contention over a preseason game. Sheesh.

I always find it funny when someone posts a doom and gloom type post and ends it with "I hope I'm wrong".  When we all know that if the poster is wrong... they won't come back and talk about how glad they are they were wrong and if they end up not being wrong they will come back and gloat about how they called and they saw it, blah blah blah.

I always enjoy watching the Colts.  When they win I enjoy it more than when they lose but it's always enjoyable and I do not waste time worrying about if they will win or lose.

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

This fan base takes preseason way too serious. Yes, we clearly are not a perfect team, but some of these people need to get a grip. You'd think we are already out of playoff contention over a preseason game. Sheesh.

I know you would think if any fanbase wouldn't take the Pre-season seriously it would be our's considering we have stunk for the last 2 decades in the Pre-season but usually have Good to Great Regular Seasons. That's why the other night I was being sarcastic with a lot of my Posts.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great play! Great comeback. I was watching that game at a friends house who was a Bears fan. He was like can win them all when it was 4th and 10, then Andrew went into machine mode and pulled a walk off TD!

That entire season gave me a heart attack haha But this game and the Packers game were my favorite.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Andrew has had some incredible comebacks. How about the Browns game in 2014, 25-24 win. We pulled that out barely too, another classic in Cleveland.

Another great game. I think he had seven game-winning drives that year.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if I remember right didn't we fall behind Houston 21-0 in Houston and came back and won that too 27-24.

I think that was the 2013 season, but I remember that one too. TY had three TDs in the second half.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I always find it funny when someone posts a doom and gloom type post and ends it with "I hope I'm wrong".  When we all know that if the poster is wrong... they won't come back and talk about how glad they are they were wrong and if they end up not being wrong they will come back and gloat about how they called and they saw it, blah blah blah.

I always enjoy watching the Colts.  When they win I enjoy it more than when they lose but it's always enjoyable and I do not waste time worrying about if they will win or lose.

I will happily come back and talk about how glad I am to be wrong if they win.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

For those who hate 'doom and gloom' posts, did it occur to you that it could be related to how the Colts play? If the Colts showed that they have a solid O-line -- one that could consistently produce running lanes, and protect Luck, there wouldn't be doom and gloom posts.

If the Colts could stop with the stupid penalties, there wouldn't be doom and gloom posts.

Have you seen this forum? Even when we win, there's more than a few crying about how we did it or still saying they don't like such and such draft pic etc. Hell, we traded for Davis and people went crazy. Several criticized it heavily. Some still cry about not having that draft pick. 

3 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

This feels like one of those games the Colts SHOULD win, but then get blown out 38-3 and we realize we're in for a very long season.  I hope I'm wrong!

2 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Merged.

No, I'm not worried about the Lions.  I fully expect us to win week 1

On 8/28/2016 at 1:45 PM, BProland85 said:

With all the injuries to CB, DL, and now OL this team is looking worrisome to me. I could envision another down year for the Colts, especially if their defense struggles again and their OL continuity can't be maintained due to injuries or bad play.

That being said, injuries or not, Grigson and Pagano still need to be judged by how they do this year, and shouldn't be given a pass.

The Colts have dealt with injuries each & every year until we lost our QB whether it was Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck we still did pretty good a fact that gets over looked in all these doom & gloom threads .

Of course I worry I have each & every season but we in Indy have been very fortunate to have had 2 of the best at the QB position who are capable of great things we watched 18 for a decade do the impossible the improbable even when all the pundits doubted our Colts &  we'v been the underdog the team have proven that anything is possible ,

Why & How simple we had Peyton Manning as our QB , Now we have 12 believe in the Blue,

Believe in Luck we have gotten a second chance, look at what his teams have accomplished with him & without with him despite the bad o-line he carried this team,

In this preseason I'v seen some real progress out of our young receivers &

I watched Swoop our TE make plays that instantly reminded me of another basketball player who turned into a really good TE ,

Yeah thats right Marcus Pollard I see the nucleus I see the QB ,

When this O-line gets its act togeather I see good things . My only worry is protecting the franchise & thats nothing new .

I don't worry about the team I worry about  fans who just don't get it,

Perfection does not happen over night just believe in the Blue & don't worry be happy & enjoy the ride,

I once cheered Captain Comeback & My Cardiac Colts being a Colts fan can be brutal its not for the faint of heart folks but at the end of the day it makes all the winning that much better .

So put on your big boy britches & remember we 'v been here & have done this before ....

5 hours ago, Flash said:

Its silly to predict doom and gloom over preseason games. Especially since the Colts have sucked during preseason the last 2 decades or so. We've only won 10 preseason games since the early 2000s and it never ended up meaning anything.

4 hours ago, snkdy said:

Memories.

18757x6yjqij6gif.gif

Leave it to the Lions to leave one of the fastest players on the field uncovered lol

I kind of wish we kept Avery instead of signing DHB the following year. I know he was basically a poor mans TY Hilton, but I think he was sorely undervalued. Oh well.

40 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its silly to predict doom and gloom over preseason games. Especially since the Colts have sucked during preseason the last 2 decades or so. We've only won 10 preseason games since the early 2000s and it never ended up meaning anything.

True but I try not go to by the past preseason games with Manning. The Manning/Dungy teams in general were basically at least 12-4 every year by nature without even trying.

Often the Luck /Pagano teams too have started out very very very slow in the regular season.

This team is just not a good team imo.  And this is coming from the most fervent Colt fan there is.

In regards to coaching...I don't think the players believe in Pagano or Grigson to take them to the next level, and I think that has a direct result on their listless play.  I think the players like, maybe even love to play for Pagano...but I don't think they believe he is the guy to take them all the way.

And as far as Grigson, he is just not that good of a talent evaluator imo.  Especially when it comes to FA's.  I like how he handles the numbers...the contracts.  But I don't see a guy that has that knack for finding real talent.  Polian, for all his faults, did that that talent.

I think this team struggles this year to be 8-8.  I think Jack and Houston are both better teams, and Tenn is about even.  And while I love Luck, even when he wasn't hurt last year, he wasn't all that good. What was their record with him starting?  2-5 or something like that?

Could be a long year.

Based on what I've seen so far it looks the same as the past 20 years of Colt preseason football. Don't block anyone, don't rush the passer, don't cover anyone(we actually haven't done that one for 40 years!) Have numerous penalties, run an offense that plays to our weaknesses(constantly handing off instead of getting the ball to Hilton, Moncrief, or Dorsett). But we have made the playoffs 16 of the last 20 years so I'd say we are right on schedule again. And I know one thing for sure: If the Bills,Jest, and Dolphins were in our division we would be a lock for the playoffs!

Chuck is visibly worried.  You can tell at his pressers that he is at a loss for words.  He's not even using his cliches as much.  Luck is usually positive after games but he was pretty critical after this one.  He was clearly frustrated after taking a beating in a preseason game with 4 of the 5 starting OL out there.  

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Chuck is visibly worried.  You can tell at his pressers that he is at a loss for words.  He's not even using his cliches as much.  Luck is usually positive after games but he was pretty critical after this one.  He was clearly frustrated after taking a beating in a preseason game with 4 of the 5 starting OL out there.  

While I like Chuck as a person, and I was in favor of his hiring, I believe he is not the right person for the Colts.

The reason being is this.  I can respect a team that gets beat, but that puts in max effort and that stays close, even in losses.  The Colts over the past 5 years have had SO many blowout losses.  Losses where they were out of it by halftime.  And even many of their wins were against teams where they fell way behind and had to come back.  I just don't see that fire or passion or winning attitude from Pagano coached teams.  

40 minutes ago, threeflight said:

While I like Chuck as a person, and I was in favor of his hiring, I believe he is not the right person for the Colts.

The reason being is this.  I can respect a team that gets beat, but that puts in max effort and that stays close, even in losses.  The Colts over the past 5 years have had SO many blowout losses.  Losses where they were out of it by halftime.  And even many of their wins were against teams where they fell way behind and had to come back.  I just don't see that fire or passion or winning attitude from Pagano coached teams.  

That's mostly because pep had the offense in a state of perpetual confusion.