Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else worried about this season?

BProland85

With all the injuries to CB, DL, and now OL this team is looking worrisome to me. I could envision another down year for the Colts, especially if their defense struggles again and their OL continuity can't be maintained due to injuries or bad play.

That being said, injuries or not, Grigson and Pagano still need to be judged by how they do this year, and shouldn't be given a pass.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying this before the injuries to Vontae and Mewhort. I do not feel good about this season. I feel a six win or less season coming.

I also predicted Pagano and Grigson would be criticized every week in threads and it is already coming to fruition. I don't think they should be fired for the season in the slightest but that's not going to stop everybody from talking about it.

I know we'll be fine. After the first 4 games we'll get most of our starters back. We drafted the correct pieces to fill in along the Oline. Where is your Colts pride lol. Seriously I was in the same boat a few years ago when Marvin Harrison got hurt. I thought we were done for. Austin Collie and Pierre Garçon filled nicely. You guys need to have faith in Luck

Based off of last season and this offseason, I had the Colts slated to finish 4th in the division. While the Texans, Jaguars and Titans have taken the right steps to becoming great teams, I feel that the Colts are going the opposite way. This is simply my opinion, but it's down right frustrating to see how things are shaping up for the next two years, at the least.

Of course I'm worried. Mewhort's injury is a huge blow if the rumors are true and we have infinite injuries on defense. We better pray Andrew stays healthy for 16 games because we do not have anything close to Hasselbeck at the back up QB position. Luck will have to carry us again this year, but I still believe we could go something like 10-6.

29 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

With all the injuries to CB, DL, and now OL this team is looking worrisome to me. I could envision another down year for the Colts, especially if their defense struggles again and their OL continuity can't be maintained due to injuries or bad play.

That being said, injuries or not, Grigson and Pagano still need to be judged by how they do this year, and shouldn't be given a pass.

I could not agree more great post. I'm totally worried right now doesn't even look like they could even win a game. The o-line stunk it up last night and that was with Mewhort. 

Not worried at all. Excited to see how things unfold. Once we get the core of our starters back, I expect to hit our stride when it counts - the last half of the season. Can't wait for the real season to start. 

Go Colts!

44 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I predicted a down season before the rash of injuries.

I'm hoping that if we do have a bad season that injuries are not the excuse and Griggs, pags, and even irsay are held accountable.

How do you hold an owner accountable

34 minutes ago, Ryan Pelley said:

Based off of last season and this offseason, I had the Colts slated to finish 4th in the division. While the Texans, Jaguars and Titans have taken the right steps to becoming great teams, I feel that the Colts are going the opposite way. This is simply my opinion, but it's down right frustrating to see how things are shaping up for the next two years, at the least.

We lost our qb for most of the year last year and didn't finish last in the division.   It isn't gonna happen this year either

Are all of the injuries a concern? heck yeah but count me out of the whole sky is falling mindset. Every team has key injuries they have to deal with. As long as 12 is under under center I feel confident in our chances. One game at a time folks. Next man up, make no excuses. 

Not worried as of yet, concerned though. Last night was a let down after the oline played well last week. Keep reminding myself we have 2 rooks out there. The D is decimated as of now, hoping they get healthy soon. The concern comes in with the more slow starts that have become a norm. Seems every other game I catch, just seems most teams look more fundamentally sound, could be me and my expectations though. I know our history with preseason so I refuse to panic. This regime really leaves me shaking my head with the promise they show at times like last season with so many issues and still get an 8 win season. Then you see games like last night and even some of the games we looked totally lost Last year. We do have a relatively new coaching staff and it is too early to judge. We will have to endure some ups and downs this year, just hoping for more ups and wind than last year!

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

fire them now.

Just now, coltsfan77 said:

Not worried as of yet, concerned though. Last night was a let down after the oline played well last week. Keep reminding myself we have 2 rooks out there. The D is decimated as of now, hoping they get healthy soon. The concern comes in with the more slow starts that have become a norm. Seems every other game I catch, just seems most teams look more fundamentally sound, could be me and my expectations though. I know our history with preseason so I refuse to panic. This regime really leaves me shaking my head with the promise they show at times like last season with so many issues and still get an 8 win season. Then you see games like last night and even some of the games we looked totally lost Last year. We do have a relatively new coaching staff and it is too early to judge. We will have to endure some ups and downs this year, just hoping for more ups and wins than last year!

If we can weather the storm, then we can be healthy when it matters the most.

It is not out of the question for us to start off 7-2 or 6-3. Even if we can get to 5-4 by the bye week; then we should be in a good situation. We need to win our division games though, because it could come down to the wire.

If we get in the playoffs then we have just as good of a chance as any other team.

As crazy as it sounds, I would not be surprised if we are undefeated going into the bye week. None of those teams scare me. 

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

I have been saying this before the injuries to Vontae and Mewhort. I do not feel good about this season. I feel a six win or less season coming.

I also predicted Pagano and Grigson would be criticized every week in threads and it is already coming to fruition. I don't think they should be fired for the season in the slightest but that's not going to stop everybody from talking about it.

Bold prediction alert! haha

Pagano and Grigson would be criticized every week if we went undefeated. There would be posts about how we're not winning by enough, about a singular bad play, or saying that we still don't have enough talent...

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

I also predicted Pagano and Grigson would be criticized every week in threads and it is already coming to fruition.

No way! You did not know that was going to happen. 

We got ourselves a Nostradamus on this board folks.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

How do you hold an owner accountable

Yeah good question you can't Fire the owner lol. But he's the one who hired them and then resigned them.

Maybe if we take away his yellow guitar he bought that belonged to Prince. And he can't get it back til we win a super bowl. haha

52 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

As crazy as it sounds, I would not be surprised if we are undefeated going into the bye week. None of those teams scare me. 

Injuries aside for the moment I had us only losing to the Steelers and Packers with a weak schedule.  I am not buying into the Houston and Jacksonville hype.  Now add 2 losses to mass injury and we still looking good for the playoffs.

Packers VS Colts SB 

I'm worried, but not to the extreme like some on this forum.  I actually thought the team might start the season on the slow side due to the coaching changes.  The defense will,probably have to hold on for dear life until the get some players back. 

10 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

Just read the article by Matt Candler in SB NATION that there is not one defensive player on the team drafted in 2012,2013,2014, Irsay what where you thinking or not :Cry:

Good thing they spent that first rounder on a 3rd WR

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

If we can weather the storm, then we can be healthy when it matters the most.

It is not out of the question for us to start off 7-2 or 6-3. Even if we can get to 5-4 by the bye week; then we should be in a good situation. We need to win our division games though, because it could come down to the wire.

If we get in the playoffs then we have just as good of a chance as any other team.

Right on my brother! I'm glad you see the same view I see

no, because it isn't worth worrying about. we  typically don't look that great in preseason, so worrying now isn't worth the time. 

Luck becomes pretty magical when games are on the line, which these preseason games never give him those opportunities.  5 CBs down doesn't typically help in pass coverage, but injuries happen to every team.

1 hour ago, Old Colt said:

Really disappointed in Pagano and the coaches.  Team looks soft, undisciplined and no urgency... same issues again.. getting.pushed around,  STUPID penalties including the veterans and no fire....ugh..ugly preseason or not.

The team is a reflection of their head coach, and that is quite true of the Colts.

There will never be a sense of urgency or being prepared for a game.

I hope Irsay ends this sooner than later. 

There is no room in the NFL for sentiment replacing competence.

3 minutes ago, Introspect said:

I stated that we are an 8-8 football team that will not win our division. Many didn't want to believe we were a .500 team. With the play I have seen this preseason I have more confirmation.

Confirmation from the preseason? Maybe many have a better understanding of preseason football than you do. We have a new OC a new DC putting in their systems. The preseason is about survival. We have a couple of brushes but have so far avoided the big injury. That's a successful preseason.