Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tracking Roster Cuts (75) Thread

BlueShoe

This thread is to track the Colts trimming to a 75 man roster.

It will be a tough few days for some hard working men.

Prior to 4:00 p.m (EST) on August 30, clubs must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 75 players on the Active List.

Some notable links:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691151/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trimming-to-75-players

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/27/12642702/tracking-2016-nfl-roster-cuts-75-man-deadline

http://www.espn.com/nfl/transactions

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions

On a side note, ex-Colt Sergio Brown didn't make the cut in Atlanta.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

Wait darius white is still on the team???.... well I guess with injuries we don't have a choice

hopefully he is one of the last 5, we might keep him for week 4 of preseaon though

All Colts cuts this offseason (to date):

Cameron Clear TE
Forrest Hill LS
Khaled Holmes C
Mitchell Van Dyk OT
Davante Harris OT
Mike McFarland TE
Anthony Sarao ILB
Eze Obiora OLB
Akeem Davis S
Isiah Cage G
Josh Woodrum QB
Tyler Varga RB
Daniel Davie CB
Abou Toure RB
Mike Miller TE
Brian Tyms WR
Nick Truesdell TE
Andrew Williamson S
Darion Griswold TE
Amarlo Herrera ILB
Josh Boyce WR
Michael Palardy P
Andre Debose WR
Marcus Leak WR
Andrew Opoku WR
Kevin Graf OT
Williams, Donovan G
Emil Igwenagu TE
Ricky Lumpkin NT
Justin Berger WR
Alden Darby S
Eric Herman G
Mike Miller TE
Chase Price RB
Winston Rose CB
Delvon Simmons DT
Joshua Stangby WR
Junior Sylvestre Will

*Mike Miller was cut twice.

45 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

All Colts cuts this offseason (to date):

Cameron Clear TE
Forrest Hill LS
Khaled Holmes C
Mitchell Van Dyk OT
Davante Harris OT
Mike McFarland TE
Anthony Sarao ILB
Eze Obiora OLB
Akeem Davis S
Isiah Cage G
Josh Woodrum QB
Tyler Varga RB
Daniel Davie CB
Abou Toure RB
Mike Miller TE
Brian Tyms WR
Nick Truesdell TE
Andrew Williamson S
Darion Griswold TE
Amarlo Herrera ILB
Josh Boyce WR
Michael Palardy P
Andre Debose WR
Marcus Leak WR
Andrew Opoku WR
Kevin Graf OT
Williams, Donovan G
Emil Igwenagu TE
Ricky Lumpkin NT
Justin Berger WR
Alden Darby S
Eric Herman G
Mike Miller TE
Chase Price RB
Winston Rose CB
Delvon Simmons DT
Joshua Stangby WR
Junior Sylvestre Will

*Mike Miller was cut twice.

I don't think Griswold was cut, I think he's on VACATION.

haha

Thank you, I'm here all week.  Please tip your servers.

44 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

What the hell happened with Junior Sylvestre? I was excited to see him play after last preseason but he seemingly never saw the field.

I'm also a bit surprised by Lumpkin, he flashed more than most of the DL.

We have too many people in front of Sylvestre for him to make a difference. McNary, Edwin Jackson, and Morrison all showed flashes and you can't keep them all.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

We have too many people in front of Sylvestre for him to make a difference. McNary, Jackson, and Morrison all showed flashes and you can't keep them all.

Not exactly the insight I was looking for. Sylvestre was as good as, if not better, than any of them last offseason and he wasn't even seen this time around. You'd think he'd be given a fair look. Maybe he's still injured or was bad in practice.

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

Not exactly the insight I was looking for. Sylvestre was as good as, if not better, than any of them last offseason and he wasn't even seen this time around. You'd think he'd be given a fair look. Maybe he's still injured or was bad in practice.

It's obvious he was outperformed in practice or he would have been on the field.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

As we've seen in the past, that's not necessarily true.

The coaches aren't stupid. Maybe some players are more game players than practice players but the coaches don't see someone outperform somebody else and decide to start the lesser player.

Don't give me that Shipley-Statele comparison because Shipley didn't amount to anything with us or after us.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The coaches aren't stupid. Maybe some players are more game players than practice players but the coaches don't see someone outperform somebody else and decide to start the lesser player.

Don't give me that Shipley-Statele comparison because Shipley didn't amount to anything with us or after us.

Coaches are human. Favoritism happens. I find it hard to believe that someone who did as well as Junior Sylvestre last offseason got almost no playing time this season.

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

Coaches are human. Favoritism happens. I find it hard to believe that someone who did as well as Junior Sylvestre last offseason got almost no playing time this season.

He just got a lot of tackles like Edwin Jackson and McNary did this preseason. He did nothing different than what they did this year.

ColtsLegacy makes a good point. It is not always about talent.

Look at the recently departed Josh Boyce. He went from being 4th or 5th on the depth chart to getting cut very early. No way did he get cut because he didn't have enough talent. There was something else to it.That cat has some talent, and after the Buffalo game I thought he had a very good chance to make the team. Something must have happened behind closed doors. I am convinced that his being cut was not due to talent. Did he want to go to Cleveland? They snatched him up real quick. Maybe he thought he had a better chance to make the Browns squad, and asked to be cut. Who knows? I doubt very seriously that he was cut because of talent.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

ColtsLegacy makes a good point. It is not always about talent.

Look at the recently departed Josh Boyce. He went from being 4th or 5th on the depth chart to getting cut very early. No way did he get cut because he didn't have enough talent. There was something else to it.That cat has some talent, and after the Buffalo game I thought he had a very good chance to make the team. Something must have happened behind closed doors. I am convinced that his being cut was not due to talent. Did he want to go to Cleveland? They snatched him up real quick. Maybe he thought he had a better chance to make the Browns squad, and asked to be cut. Who knows? I doubt very seriously that he was cut because of talent.

That doesn't make sense to me. Our receiving core is not all great. If Boyce didn't think he could make the team than I wouldn't want him here either. It's ridiculous if you think you can't beat on Quan Bray, Chester Rogers, and Tevaun Smith.

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

He just got a lot of tackles like Edwin Jackson and McNary did this preseason. He did nothing different than what they did this year.

If you say so. He made the final cuts last year amongst a better group of ILBs. This really wasn't supposed to turn into an argument. It was a simple question. The guy was never seen this preseason and a lot of us (not just me) were excited for his potential.

That doesn't make sense to me. Our receiving core is not all great. If Boyce didn't think he could make the team than I wouldn't want him here either. It's ridiculous if you think you can't beat on Quan Bray, Chester Rogers, and Tevaun Smith.

It doesn't make sense to me either. It's a head scratcher why Josh Boyce was cut so quickly. 

2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

If you say so. He made the final cuts last year amongst a better group of ILBs. This really wasn't supposed to turn into an argument. It was a simple question. The guy was never seen this preseason and a lot of us (not just me) were excited for his potential.

I think this is where players like Junior Sylvestre and Edwin Jackson get way too over-hyped. I like Edwin Jackson on special teams. I hope we keep him on the practice squad. He has some potential. 

Josh McNary is the one overlooked right now. I believe he has confirmed that his has much more ability than either Junior Sylvestre or Edwin Jackson.

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I think this is where players like Junior Sylvestre and Edwin Jackson get way too over-hyped. I like Edwin Jackson on special teams. I hope we keep him on the practice squad. He has some potential. 

Josh McNary is the one overlooked right now. I believe he has confirmed that his has much more ability than either Junior Sylvestre or Edwin Jackson.

I think McNary gets a bad rap around here. He looked pretty solid this preseason. But he is what he is, he's never going to be a difference maker (not that Slyvesytre and/or Jackson would be).

29 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I think McNary gets a bad rap around here. He looked pretty solid this preseason. But he is what he is, he's never going to be a difference maker (not that Slyvesytre and/or Jackson would be).

A difference maker can be all over the spectrum. Some players need great players around them to become difference makers (Joseph Addai and Marcus Pollard). Other players (very rare) makes everyone around them better (Peyton Manning and Bob Sanders).

It is hard to say if McNary could become a difference maker who needs great players around him, because we don't have great players around him. We do know that he isn't going to make everyone else great though.

McNary can be a contributor to this team. We need players like him. No Super Bowl team is filled with Super Stars. Teams need players like McNary to win it all.

He has to make the 53 man roster first. As it stands, he is a bubble player right now. 

2 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Don't know what you are talking about with the "better group of ILBs" but him and Herrera both had decent preseasons and they are both gone. He could be back if we have other injuries but it looks like they like Jackson, Morrison and McNary better. That's it.

I'm just saying he wasn't the second coming of Patrick Willis last preseason or he would have made the roster. It was weird that he and Herrera didn't see the field much though.