Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's sign Vasquez and Long

Briggs32

11 minutes ago, Iancolts said:

Any veteran Oline available should be called.  That Oline last night was horrible. Luck is gonna get destroyed again this year. 

Albeit our offensive line didn't look good, the Eagles front seven has been strong all preseason. They're really good upfront on both sides of the ball.

Their starters beat the snot out of Tampa Bay and then blanked Pittsburgh for the entire game. 

We have a lot to clean up, but it is only one preseason game. 

11 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Even with the good news on Jack I'd try to swing a trade for Ronald Leary or Anthony Davis. Good is not yet ready to be a starter, I like Haeg better  but who knows when he'll be back.

I like those trade options.  Maybe we could use Tolzien to pry Leary away.  I don't see Jerry going with a rookie QB even if he is having a good preseason.  I think Good is getting better every game.  He is switching positions too.  I think he has huge upside and has earned the starting RG spot.  Haag has a great future with us as well. 

3 hours ago, Iancolts said:

Any veteran Oline available should be called.  That Oline last night was horrible. Luck is gonna get destroyed again this year. 

We started 2 rookies and a 2nd year guy that's changing position and Castonzo played like it was preseason. Did you expect a big game from the secondary too? How about we see how things go vs Detriot before we do much That being said Grig's is always watching just ask the Skins. 

Didn't someone just post that AC was a top LT in the game in another thread?  He sucks.    I have never thought he was very good. Just better than the rest of the scrubs. Left side of line we all thought was solid.   Now the right side has caught up and we have a legit OC which exposes AC for what he is.  A below average to average LT at best 

we need help at all positions except OC right now 

Mewhort is another average guy. But probably still the second best online talent   Shows how bad this online is 

2 hours ago, Matabix said:

We could always trade AC for cap room. Hope for the best with Haeg at LT. Move Good back to RT. Move Thorton back to RG. Let Reitz be the 6th man. Prolly sign Vazquez, he's got more position flex.

That certainly isn't happening

11 hours ago, Briggs32 said:

With Mewhort gone our OLINE looks like it will once again struggle. What do we have have to lose to offer these 2 veterans incentive laden contracts?  

Nothing & it should be a major priority IMHO . Me need veteran help now in the past I remember hearing Grigson say it takes a couple of years for O-linemen to get up to speed these guys might be what it takes to bridge the learning curve ..

Didn't someone just post that AC was a top LT in the game in another thread?  He sucks.    I have never thought he was very good. Just better than the rest of the scrubs. Left side of line we all thought was solid.   Now the right side has caught up and we have a legit OV It exposes AC for what he is.  A below average to average LT at best 

we need help at all positions except OC right now 

Mewhort is another average guy. But probably still the second best online talent   Shows how bad this online is 

Everyone had a rough one last night dude. I wouldn't pin it on Castonzo. Kelly has been pretty good this preseason and he was schooled hardcore as well. Eagles defense is night and day better than last season.

3 hours ago, IinD said:

I want help as much as the next person, but those guys aren't going to help us at all. They've been on their couches and we're a few days from live action.

They may be better once they get off their couches then our pro starters we have now.

26 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Nothing & it should be a major priority IMHO . Me need veteran help now in the past I remember hearing Grigson say it takes a couple of years for O-linemen to get up to speed these guys might be what it takes to bridge the learning curve ..

I don't think luck can last year's while the line goes through ongoing learning curves.

4 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

I don't think luck can last year's while the line goes through ongoing learning curves.

While it may not have been clear I mentioned we need veteran help now & that these guys might be what it takes I was referring to Vasquez & Long bringing them in would help the young guys get past the learning curve . 

Sorry I was not more clear ..

21 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

They may be better once they get off their couches then our pro starters we have now.

I'll give you that one. Let's hope they can sort (some of) the problems out before Detroit.

I'd definitely look into any options, I just think those type guys (old, injured, unsigned) won't be of any assistance two weeks before the season.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Everyone had a rough one last night dude. I wouldn't pin it on Castonzo. Kelly has been pretty good this preseason and he was schooled hardcore as well. Eagles defense is night and day better than last season.

Kelly is a rookie, we expect him to take some lumps.  Castonzo has looked good much of the preseason.  Small sample size, but has to regain form.

Eagles got pressure on 54.5% of Lucks drop backs last night and has gotten pressured on 40.6% of his drop backs this preseason.

I'm watching the Jax vs Cincy game so I'm not going to check right now but I thought Castonzo also gave up a sack vs Eagles to? PFF only has Castonzo as giving up 1 hurry vs Eagles

10 hours ago, Gavin said:

Eagles got pressure on 54.5% of Lucks drop backs last night and has gotten pressured on 40.6% of his drop backs this preseason.

I'm watching the Jax vs Cincy game so I'm not going to check right now but I thought Castonzo also gave up a sack vs Eagles to? PFF only has Castonzo as giving up 1 hurry vs Eagles

I thought AC gave up 2 sacks.