Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Mewhort has a knee injury...Update: out 2-4 weeks

snkdy

People need to relax.  Week 3-5 we will get a lot of players back.  We Will definitely take a beating the first quarter of the year.  But I think we will persevere and squeeze out a couple close wins.  The defense is still suspect but will surprise some people.  we will probably see a lot of 2 TE plays and if we can run the ball we can keep luck on his feet.  No way ami giving up on my team like some here

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah I get that. I even agree. BUT a person should also know better than to go messing with a bipolar person. It is not like bipolarism is something a person can easily hide from everyone. It is pretty easy to pick up on.

Let's say you and I are sitting in a bar and I am sporting my Luck jersey, and you have on a Brady jersey. If I make a comment directly at you about the Patriots cheating, and you turn to look at me with some bipolar eyes, then I will quickly understand the situation. I will do as any other sane person should do, and measure the outcomes. Do I keep poking this bear or do I just let it be?

Hmmm.

A bully will keep poking. A smart person will just let that dude roll up on out of his life.

Lol bi polar eyes.. This whole thing is amazing but this has me dying 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Is your friend Jvan? You two seemed to always be joined at the hip. Can't have a conversation with one without the other showing up to defend each other.

If you cannot see rage in a persons eyes then do not worry about saving in a 401k. You will never see it anyway.

Lol this is great.. Adorable 

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

Jesus, you can look at a person and know they're bipolar and not just an * drunk with impulse control problems? Get outta here with that nonsense. Lol. There is no magical way to look at someone and know they've been medically diagnosed as being bipolar.

You get out of here. You can look at someone and know for sure that if you mess with them then you WILL be fighting them. 

Trying to argue against that is absurd.

If you are trying to take my words literally then really gtho. LOL

51 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Sure you can see rage in someone's eyes, but rage and bipolar aren't some synonymous terms. 

Yeah. We aren't therapist man. At least I am not.

You knew what I was saying all along though, and you just wanted to argue.

Thanks for playing.

34 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

This thread got awesome...

I am hearing a Weird Al style parody about crazy, bi-polar eyes to the tune of Kim Carnes 'Bette Davis Eyes'...

Funny stuffs...

haha, I had the same thought, though, mine was to Fleetwood Mac's "Emerald Eyes".

1 hour ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Anyone else hoping Joe Haeg cracks the starting lineup by mid-season? :D

Im a big Joe Haeg fan, the kid Is really talented but I for 1 dont hope he starts mid-season because If he does that willmeen one of 2 things either somebody got hurt or somebody Is really sucking It up (I know they all are right now). Now If hes ready to go week 1 and Mewhort Isnt ready than Id be ok with him starting In his place If hes best man up.

On 8/27/2016 at 9:50 PM, jvan1973 said:

I don't care what rankings say.   The coaches aren't putting jack at LT.  LT is always your best lineman.  

Lol are you serious right now lt sure is the harder position but didn't not mean that the best player you have on your o line is the lt,  mewhort is our best o linemen 

42 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Lol are you serious right now lt sure is the harder position but didn't not mean that the best player you have on your o line is the lt,  mewhort is our best o linemen 

So who is harder to replace?  AC or mewhort?   Which one would be able to switch with each other easier?   

I was flipping through this thread and saw Iancrapalots Twitter feed about Mewhort possibly tearing his ACL and almost got really ticked off until I realize it was posted last Sat, lol....

I was thinking to myself, "hmmm I've been listening to the local sports radio a lot and thought I would've heard about this by now!" 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

So who is harder to replace?  AC or mewhort?   Which one would be able to switch with each other easier?   

Castonzo. But this largely depends on the version your getting. The 2014 version or the version we have had every other year. For most of Castonzo's career he has been mediocre with the exception of 2014. I also don't think Castonzo is strong enough or has demeanor to play Guard, Jack can play LT in a pinch. It has nothing to do with position. your not replacing positions, you are replacing players

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Listen I can tell that you have bin a fan for a while just as have,  I value your opinion but I disagree. Mewhort is the best offensive lineman we have. Lt is harder position for sure but mewhort is better at his position than ac.  What you saying is kind of like saying Wayne was not the best wr since he play the left side which is easier or vonte wasn't our best corner since he play the right side which is the easier side. Just drop fact and educate me 

17 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Castonzo. But this largely depends on the version your getting. The 2014 version or the version we have had every other year. For most of Castonzo's career he has been mediocre with the exception of 2014. I also don't think Castonzo is strong enough or has demeanor to play Guard, Jack can play LT in a pinch. It has nothing to do with position. your not replacing positions, you are replacing players

You get what I'm saying is that mewhort at this moment in time not what was done in the past etc... Is our best player on the oline. He played the best for his position and he was a top 5 guard but was even ranked nicely when he started at tackle 

25 minutes ago, Gavin said:

What :in the world would you know about his demeanor?   Bottom line,  a guard is easier to replace than a left tackle

10 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Listen I can tell that you have bin a fan for a while just as have,  I value your opinion but I disagree. Mewhort is the best offensive lineman we have. Lt is harder position for sure but mewhort is better at his position than ac.  What you saying is kind of like saying Wayne was not the best wr since he play the left side which is easier or vonte wasn't our best corner since he play the right side which is the easier side. Just drop fact and educate me 

No,  Mewhort is easier to replace.  The end of education

You guys talking about Haeg. I'd bet he's starting by mid season anyway. In a perfect world Castanzo would get back to his self (I think that will happen btw), Mewhort would continue to progress and become a top tier guard, Kelly would instantly be a top 5 Center, Haeg and Good would step up and be our RG and RT for the next how ever many years and be very good starting O-Lineman. Then Clark, Blythe, Thornton and Reitz would give us really solid depth.

Actually I don't think this is out of the realm of possibility. I love Haeg and Good. I do think they will be very good players, and I believe Castanzo will get back to the 14 version of himself. If everything works out we'd be looking at a stout line.......FINALLY.

Castanzo - Mewhort - Kelly - Good - Haeg

Clark, Reitz, Thornton, Blythe as reserves.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

What :in the world would you know about his demeanor?   Bottom line,  a guard is easier to replace than a left tackle

Glenn retired after 2006 season, Tony ugoh 2007 and 2008 we all know how that went. charlie Johnson was our starting guard he switched over to lt and did a fine job, about if not better than ac has done. And I don't think I need to remind you of how bad this team guard play has bin in passed yrs. So we seem to fine above average Lt play all but 2008 since 2000 at least. Guard not so much so you tell me why the colts haven't bin able to fine a good guard since it's easier? 

1 minute ago, jbaron04 said:

Glenn retired after 2006 season, Tony ugoh 2007 and 2008 we all know how that went. charlie Johnson was our starting guard he switched over to lt and did a fine job, about if not better than ac has done. And I don't think I need to remind you of how bad this team guard play has bin in passed yrs. So we seem to fine above average Lt play all but 2008 since 2000 at least. Guard not so much so you tell me why the colts haven't bin able to fine a good guard since it's easier? 

I don't scout players.    But I will bet you a whole bunch AC can play guard better than Mewhort can play left tackle

Just now, jbaron04 said:

Yeah. You don't. Remember those bums in 2012. Lucks first year? Winston Justice and the great McGlyn, Linkenbach, SOWELL!!!!!! And that Center. I don't even want to say his name, but good ole Samson Satele.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I don't scout players.    But I will bet you a whole bunch AC can play guard better than Mewhort can play left tackle

Lol bro mewhort was a tackle in college 

Last yr mewhort played 1129 snaps didn't allow one sack and was one of the highest ol graded in run blocking we all know luck got killed last yr as did the other qbs wasn't mewhort . We have one player who is very slightly above average  inconsistent and the other who is one of the best at his position .

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The player that is harder to replace is the more important player.   How is that hard to understand?

Bro mewhort is better player point blank. I dont get the blind love for ac we not talking about positions we our talking about players, it not like we replacing johnathan ogden we talking talking about a slightly above average inconsistent Lt, vs a top 5 guard. How is that hard to understand if we was talking about Orlando pace or will shields ok. You talking about ac vs mewhort. So yes mewhort would be harder to replace 

1 hour ago, jbaron04 said:

Bro mewhort is better player point blank. I dont get the blind love for ac we not talking about positions we our talking about players, it not like we replacing johnathan ogden we talking talking about a slightly above average inconsistent Lt, vs a top 5 guard. How is that hard to understand if we was talking about Orlando pace or will shields ok. You talking about ac vs mewhort. So yes mewhort would be harder to replace 

According to PFF Castonzo having a down year last year still graded at 79.4 the 20th rated T in the league R or L. In 2014 Castonzo was ranked 66th best player in the league by PFF right in front of Osemele at 68th. He was the 12th highest rated LT and 6th best in pass protection. They went on to talk about LT for the Colts being one of the toughest jobs in the NFL due to the time the QB holds the ball looking for the long ball. 

I  would prefer not to replace either. I think Castonzo bounces back from his down year which still graded as an above average year.  He's showed steady improvement since his rookie year. Last years down year wasn't nearly as down as some would have you believe. LT would be much more difficult to replace than LG on any line. Especially if the LT iS above average. Could Mewhort kick out to LT? We both know the answer to that. Why can't we have an above average LT and an up and coming LG? Mewhort isn't a top 5 G not after just one season and already on the shelf this year. 

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITEindex.html/nfl/afc-south/indianapolis-colts/the-consistency-and-improvement-of-anthony-castonzo-r6529/

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Some players in the league you can see they have a nasty demeanor on the field through watching them play and how they carry themselves. In general I think all a Guard can be and is often responsible for is often underrated. Quite a few are responsible for quite a lot. The Center is not always the one making the decisions among the O Line, Calling out who to block and such. Not to mention Guards have to deal with a variety of blitzes and stunt. Plus you have some the best pass rushers and run stuffers in the game being interior D Linemen , Aaron Donald. Suh. Atkins, Cox, Short