Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Mewhort has a knee injury...Update: out 2-4 weeks

snkdy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't care what rankings say.   The coaches aren't putting jack at LT.  LT is always your best lineman.  

See when they started Ugoh at left tackle and Saturday at center...

With that said yes AC is their best lineman however Mewhort has been their second best and with Reitz hurt already resulting in starting two rookies and a second year player who moved to a new position at the other spot losing Mewhort is a huge blow.

33 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't care what rankings say.   The coaches aren't putting jack at LT.  LT is always your best lineman.  

Please go somewhere and learn foosball.  Ask the Ravens if Yanda isn't their best O-lineman because he's a G?  LT may be the most important position (to a RH QB) but that doesn't make it your best lineman.  Get a clue!

1 minute ago, IndyD4U said:

Whelp... And here I was optimistic. Heag his replacement? 

Is he healthy?  Last I remember. He was banged up.  If he's healthy I'd hope they go to him although starting two rookies and a second year player at a new position in the middle of your oline is far from ideal.

the other thing they could do is move reitz to guard and start Clark at right tackle.

Ack... our best lineman down.  I think we may see some firings sooner than later. Not because of injury, but because I think what may be coming will be a long sad season.  

Oh, and another thought. We should keep 3 QB's on the active roster.  I think it would be irresponsible at this point not to.  Morris looks like a serviceable back up to our back up.  We may need him sooner than  later.  

One offense linemen out and we go from a bad oline to a horrible oline.  This is all thanks to Grigson using all cap money in FA for old players.  We should have been able to sign a good to average oline this year but guess what fellas money is all used up on some players not even on the team.  

Just got kicked out of Dave and Busters for beating the crap out of a guy who made fun  of me and Mewhorts injury. Apparently the guy heard about it from a notification on his cell phone and saw I was wearing my Luck jersey and starting laughing at me. Well, I can't heal Mewhort, but I sure knocked out some of his teeth and gave him a concussion. Completely worth it. Ready to abandon the season.

3 minutes ago, Iancolts said:

One offense linemen out and we go from a bad oline to a horrible oline.  This is all thanks to Grigson using all cap money in FA for old players.  We should have been able to sign a good to average oline this year but guess what fellas money is all used up on some players not even on the team.  

Get a clue.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just got kicked out of Dave and Busters for beating the crap out of a guy who made fun  of me and Mewhorts injury. Apparently the guy heard about it from a notification on his cell phone and saw I was wearing my Luck jersey and starting laughing at me. Well, I can't heal Mewhort, but I sure knocked out some of his teeth and gave him a concussion. Completely worth it. Ready to abandon the season.

Either you have a really good poker face or.....

6 minutes ago, Iancolts said:

He hardly signed any free agents this off-season and used the money to keep their own including AC who last time I checked played oline.

He then used half the draft picks to draft linemen.  That's not including him using a second pick on Mewhort and a third on Thornton and a fourth on Holmes.  He also signed Gosder to a big deal and one of his first moves was to sign Samson.

You can make a very strong case that a large number of those moves have not worked but the idea that he's ignored the oline to address other needs is false.