jvan1973

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

You are suppose to stand up and place your right hand over your heart for the National Anthem!

I have never placed my hand over my heart for the anthem.  We did it for the Pledge of Alligence in grade school, which I'm not sure they even do anymore, but not for the anthem.

I'm with Kaepernick.

Sorry to all who may be offended. I'll spare you the diatribe except to say that we have (and have always had) a serious problem with our criminal justice system and it's a national disgrace.

Nothing Kaepernick will ever do can disparage our union nearly as much as crime and punishment statistics do. 

If Colin Kapernick really cared about the oppressed he could donate money & time at the Big Brothers & Big Sisters program in the Bay area Oakland has one , Instead he supports the Black Lives Matter movement who has rascist views & spouts pigs in a Blanket & Cheers on division & hatred . 

The Oppression he is concerned with is overblown & has been since the Ferguson riots & in Baltimore ,  In Ferguson it was proven that a criminal was shot going for a police officers gun  not a innocent victim,

In the inner cities people feel oppressed white black brown all colors  regardless of color the educational system & gangs & households without fathers hold all back especially in Cali I know i'm from East L.A I saw it first hand its a vicious cycle generation after generation few are lucky to grow up & get out & find a better life those that don't blame the police so the hatred & violence is away of life always blaming the system claiming rascism or oppression . Black on black violence In L.A  ,Oakland & Chicago are the biggest problem & no one addresses it , 

In Baltimore who were the oppressors Black people run the city . At the core of all the so called oppression is a deep hatred of law enforcement publicized by the media & Left wing nut cases with an agenda all this QB is doing is falling for a false narrative .

Oppression  ??  Barack Obama is certainly not Oppressed with minorities running our government for 7 plus years I hardly think that oppression is a issue He was raised & adopted by white people what is he saying did they oppress him , He like Obama are biracial & have done very well .  

He may be an intelligent person but his actions are stupid . Many have died in service to this Country Soldiers, Sailors , & Police officers it is out of respect for those lives that we respect our flag , Lives lost so that we have the freedoms we enjoy .

There is nothing wrong with speaking out against injustice but during the National Anthem its wrong to sit there . 

He has a platform he can use it there is a time & a place that was the wrong time & wrong place . 

I have researched many months ago the Black Lives Matter movement there a disgrace . All lives matter you can't really be against Rascism & support them  . He needs to understand when you get in bed with dogs you can very easily end up with fleas . 

Inner city youths could benefit greatly if he were wanting to help the underprivileged & make a difference IMO he has chosen the wrong path ,  

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:05 PM, BloodyChamp said:

Meh...the more I read up on it the more I'm convinced it was a desperation heave. While reading, I learned he was abandoned by both his parents. His black father just up and bailed and his white mother put him up for adoption. Without getting into whether or not 1 of those courses of action is worse than the other, I find the term "equality" ironic. He was abandoned by a member of each race equally lol!

But seriously...then his adopted parents adopted him because they lost their 2 sons to illness in spite of their wealth and ability to provide top health care for them. So they adopted Kaep. And this is what he does...smh.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts as well. It's hard for me to comprehend why he chose this way to made his voice be heard.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, SilentHill said:

Maybe he can be a starter in the CFL, since obviously he has a problem with America.

He has enough money if he has that big of a problem with this country he can fund a ticket to any country of his choice that he cares enough to stand up for.

I am sure he has a passport so it's just a matter of taking care of his finances and get on a jet and fly the hades out of here.

2 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

If Colin Kapernick really cared about the oppressed he could donate money & time at the Big Brothers & Big Sisters program in the Bay area Oakland has one , Instead he supports the Black Lives Matter movement who has rascist views & spouts pigs in a Blanket & Cheers on division & hatred . 

The Oppression he is concerned with is overblown & has been since the Ferguson riots & in Baltimore ,  In Ferguson it was proven that a criminal was shot going for a police officers gun  not a innocent victim,

In the inner cities people feel oppressed white black brown all colors  regardless of color the educational system & gangs & households without fathers hold all back especially in Cali I know i'm from East L.A I saw it first hand its a vicious cycle generation after generation few are lucky to grow up & get out & find a better life those that don't blame the police so the hatred & violence is away of life always blaming the system claiming rascism or oppression . Black on black violence In L.A  ,Oakland & Chicago are the biggest problem & no one addresses it , 

In Baltimore who were the oppressors Black people run the city . At the core of all the so called oppression is a deep hatred of law enforcement publicized by the media & Left wing nut cases with an agenda all this QB is doing is falling for a false narrative .

Oppression  ??  Barack Obama is certainly not Oppressed with minorities running our government for 7 plus years I hardly think that oppression is a issue He was raised & adopted by white people what is he saying did they oppress him , He like Obama are biracial & have done very well .  

He may be an intelligent person but his actions are stupid . Many have died in service to this Country Soldiers, Sailors , & Police officers it is out of respect for those lives that we respect our flag , Lives lost so that we have the freedoms we enjoy .

There is nothing wrong with speaking out against injustice but during the National Anthem its wrong to sit there . 

He has a platform he can use it there is a time & a place that was the wrong time & wrong place . 

I have researched many months ago the Black Lives Matter movement there a disgrace . All lives matter you can't really be against Rascism & support them  . He needs to understand when you get in bed with dogs you can very easily end up with fleas . 

Inner city youths could benefit greatly if he were wanting to help the underprivileged & make a difference IMO he has chosen the wrong path ,  

Solid suggestions...

Due to Kaep's tax bracket, he is at a distinct opportunity to actually make some significant differences witin the system he sees as broken, in the form of monetary compensation/donations/etc...

However, by making his statement, in his poorly chosen way, Kaep has turned the spotlight away from the injustice he sees in the racial inequality and unrest the nation is currently experiencing, and made himself the spectacle....

Which, in actuality is probably a common problem, or occurrence for celebrities who wish to "speak" up for social issues...

Ultimately people are just going to miss the point, and in many ways one could make arguements that through resentment of his actions, Kaep has actually 'hurt' the cause in which he was trying to "make a stand" for...

Well played Mr. Kaepernick...

Free speech is great.  

I stand during the national anthem but unlike the hyper nationalists I don't really make a big deal about what other people are doing.  

I agree with others indicated that he's engaging in a fair amount of hyperbole. I would disagree with anyone who doesn't think there is work to be done on this front.  On the other hand I disagree that it's nearly to the extent that he portrays it.

He probably knew in about 2 weeks tops he'd be sitting on his couch protesting to no one, so I guess do it while you still have the platform?  Not my choice, and I disagree with it.  But it worked, people are talking about it.  I still don't know how this helps anything.  If you want to initiate change, start a fund or some organization and bring about awareness through action - or at least more action than having a seat.  Just my two cents

• Nadine locked this topic